• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DAS - actual wait times?

ClaraOswald

DIS Veteran
To those who have been in the parks recently...how have actual waits been for rides while using DAS? I am most interested in hearing how long you've waited in the actual queue (using DAS) for rides that are on the Genie+ or ILL system?

I heard some horror stories a while back about how the DAS people were having to wait in the G+ or ILL queue and it was taking 30, 40, or more minutes of standing in line. Which essentially defeats the purpose of the DAS pass for many with developmental disabilities.

We are headed there in June and I am getting concerned.

My waits in February ranged from about 5 minutes to up to 30 minutes with most in the 10 minutes or less range. The 30 minutes was once at star tours and that was because one of the 4 bays closed after we had gotten in the lightning lane line.

Good to know. Thanks.

My son likely won't go on several of the LL rides, so that's good for us. But I think he will really like RSR so I am nervous about it.

Good to know. Thanks.

My son likely won't go on several of the LL rides, so that's good for us. But I think he will really like RSR so I am nervous about it.
We used DAS a couple weeks ago, most were about a 5 min wait. But RSR was 30 minutes one if the times and 25 min another time. It seems to go down daily so those with anytime passes then return to fill the LL.

The only problem I encountered in March was Webslingers because it kept breaking down for long periods, so the reservations piled up. Had to give up twice.

Good to know. Thanks.

Best to go on RSR as early as possible… was just there and RSR had broken down multiple times, the Individual LL line (where DAS holders are also routed) stretched all the way to Luigi’s and was a 50 minute wait. Lots of super pissed guests who had paid $12/person to “skip” the line and lots of upset DAS holders. VIP tours also had to wait in that line and those were the most upset.

DAS waits in LL when they’re available. Last week DAS waits ranged from walk-on to 20 mins for us. I felt we waited less than we did back in 2019.

We were prepared to walk away if waits appeared too long. We almost did that at RSR (our 20 min one) but our DAS user (an adult) wanted to give it a go anyway and did ok. We skipped Soarin once as the LL was all the way to Buena vista street & est at 45-60 mins due to them only having one theater in that moment. Happily we had other days and just hit it another time.

DAS waits have increased thanks to LL. In some rides it was 30 minutes. For some of the rides, I was able to go the exit route to avoid those lines. Space was one of them, so you might want to check that as an option. I agree that for DAS holders, pushing those lines longer to make a buck is hurting those with disabilities that cannot wait that long. They need to have an alternative for DAS users when the lines get that like. I can wait a little bit in lines, but 25 min is usually my limit before I begin to get a lot of pain building up.
I don't think Disney likes DAS or cares. If they cared, we wouldn't have to wait 4 to 6 hours on hold to set it up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter