DAS Advanced Selections - your experiences

Maybe procedures change back and forth by the day, and agents have given up to figure out what the procedure is today. Updating websites with the latest procedures can sometimes be delayed.

I have worked at check-in at an airport for a while. Back then there were several changes to baggage allowance on the routes to Africa whether or not you could take one or two suitcases. My colleague at the desk next to me told two passengers that it was one suitcase. I had no passengers at my desk and I overheard. I told my colleague to go by the desk with the updates, there had been another update that morning and allowance had changed back to two suitcases. My colleague didn't budge. She was adamant about it. To her knowledge it was one suitcase and she refused to go check. The passengers asked if they could check in at my desk, I did and gave them two suitcases for free.

What doesn't help is that people work from home (at least my agent seemed to be working from home). When working from home you do not overhear your colleagues, you do not casually chat between calls and without this the learning curves of people go down. Regardless if the agents who book all days are right, or the ones who only book the first day.

Other option could be depending on the waiting time they can make the exception to book the full stay. If the agent who does the video call takes a long time to explain everything or to make a decision, then maybe the next agent has time to work on the reservations longer. If there is a line, maybe they get instructions to only book the first day.

Maybe procedures change back and forth by the day, and agents have given up to figure out what the procedure is today. Updating websites with the latest procedures can sometimes be delayed.

I have worked at check-in at an airport for a while. Back then there were several changes to baggage allowance on the routes to Africa whether or not you could take one or two suitcases. My colleague at the desk next to me told two passengers that it was one suitcase. I had no passengers at my desk and I overheard. I told my colleague to go by the desk with the updates, there had been another update that morning and allowance had changed back to two suitcases. My colleague didn't budge. She was adamant about it. To her knowledge it was one suitcase and she refused to go check. The passengers asked if they could check in at my desk, I did and gave them two suitcases for free.

What doesn't help is that people work from home (at least my agent seemed to be working from home). When working from home you do not overhear your colleagues, you do not casually chat between calls and without this the learning curves of people go down. Regardless if the agents who book all days are right, or the ones who only book the first day.

Other option could be depending on the waiting time they can make the exception to book the full stay. If the agent who does the video call takes a long time to explain everything or to make a decision, then maybe the next agent has time to work on the reservations longer. If there is a line, maybe they get instructions to only book the first day.
It’s said the same thing on the website since the beginning - Registration for DAS is at 30 - 2 days from the first park day and all days for DAS Advance Selections need to be in that window

It’s said the same thing on the website since the beginning - Registration for DAS is at 30 - 2 days from the first park day and all days for DAS Advance Selections need to be in that window
So should one wait till they are within 30 days of their final day at Disney to make their advanced DAS selections ...so they can be made all in one session?

So should one wait till they are within 30 days of their final day at Disney to make their advanced DAS selections ...so they can be made all in one session?
That’s the safest way. If you don’t care if you might have to do another session, you can try the gamble

You could always do your video chat at the 30 day mark to get approved and picture taken (that’s the part that has the longest wait), make at least your first day of reservations and if they don’t do the rest of the days just go back into the chat on the appropriate day to finish up selections. That was my plan when I went in but they let me do my whole trip so I was all set.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter