DAS and FP+ onky rides

Paula Sedley-Burke

Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...
Does anyone know when a ride has gone FP+ only and limited SB like the test at TSMM can you still use DAS at anytime? Tia.

that is a very good question!

Does anyone know when a ride has gone FP+ only and limited SB like the test at TSMM can you still use DAS at anytime? Tia.

1) When TSMM went "FP Only", DAS was not honored without an FP.
2) At least the day we were there this was the case.
3) If they honored DAS, it would have thrown-off the capacity planning & schedule.

All of those situations have been short trials, so were only in effect during certain days or even times on those days.
There is no way to make a list of them because no one knows ahead of time what they are going to test. Whether or not they accepted DAS during the test has varied, apparently depending on what they were testing. That has reportedly sometimes changed during tests - like DAS not accepted early on in the test and relaxed later on in the test.

So, again, no way to make a list.

The only way to possibly figure out what might be doing testing would be to follow rumors or places with known problems. But, eVen then, they might not be testing while you are there.

I was not totally surprised when they tested TSMM because there had been all sorts of rumors about another track being built. The reason for the testing, from what I have heard was to help them decide how to configure the ride:
- new track Fastpass only and leave the old building as is
- new track both Fastpass and Standby
- new track Fastpass only and old building Standby only
- and whether both would have wheelchair boarding areas or not
For TSMM, people with DAS were reporting they were directed to get Fastpass as long as they were available. I do not know what happened when Fastpasses were all gone for the day.

I also was not totally surprised when the Anna and Elsa meet had a test. The run to get in line at park opening was dangerous and standby lines were up to 3-5 hours long. Those kinds of lines lead to problems like short tempers and fights. There were reports that guests with DAS were directed to get Fastpass as long as they were available, but also reports that once the Fastpasses were gone, they did do some issuing of DAS Return Times.

The test at Soarin' was a surprise to me, but I would guess it had something to do with tests of tiers for Fastpass at Epcot. Those tests ended early each day and reports I heard were that DAS Return Times were given out at times.

Since a DAS lets the holder and their party wait else where for their standby wait, if there is no standby, there probably is no standby return time. If a ride is FP only, then how would they hand out a DAS, as the return time is calculated from the standby wait time, and there is no standby.

The bigger advantage the DAS card gives, the more likely people who don't need a DAS will exaggerate to get one. If a DAS card allowed folks access to rides others could not get access to, regardless of how long they were willing to wait, it would be considered a huge plus. I wouldn't want to see the stampede to Guest Relations that would bring.

All of those situations have been short trials, so were only in effect during certain days or even times on those days. There is no way to make a list of them because no one knows ahead of time what they are going to test. Whether or not they accepted DAS during the test has varied, apparently depending on what they were testing. That has reportedly sometimes changed during tests - like DAS not accepted early on in the test and relaxed later on in the test. So, again, no way to make a list. The only way to possibly figure out what might be doing testing would be to follow rumors or places with known problems. But, eVen then, they might not be testing while you are there. I was not totally surprised when they tested TSMM because there had been all sorts of rumors about another track being built. The reason for the testing, from what I have heard was to help them decide how to configure the ride: - new track Fastpass only and leave the old building as is - new track both Fastpass and Standby - new track Fastpass only and old building Standby only - and whether both would have wheelchair boarding areas or not For TSMM, people with DAS were reporting they were directed to get Fastpass as long as they were available. I do not know what happened when Fastpasses were all gone for the day. I also was not totally surprised when the Anna and Elsa meet had a test. The run to get in line at park opening was dangerous and standby lines were up to 3-5 hours long. Those kinds of lines lead to problems like short tempers and fights. There were reports that guests with DAS were directed to get Fastpass as long as they were available, but also reports that once the Fastpasses were gone, they did do some issuing of DAS Return Times. The test at Soarin' was a surprise to me, but I would guess it had something to do with tests of tiers for Fastpass at Epcot. Those tests ended early each day and reports I heard were that DAS Return Times were given out at times.
interesting thank you! I didn't know that re TSMM test :-) thank you as ever Sue.

1) When TSMM went "FP Only", DAS was not honored without an FP.
2) At least the day we were there this was the case.
3) If they honored DAS, it would have thrown-off the capacity planning & schedule.

We saw the same as you.

I found out the night before thanks to a friend sending me a link to a blog that it was rumored to happen.

My only disappointment with the test was that when we arrived at 3pm, the only FP+ kiosk we found open was the one by TSMM. So our hopes of avoiding the area entirely were dashed. That was like a tease.

We had looked by Muppets and the hat for a kiosk and both were closed. Of all days we were with cm friends and all wanted to ride together. Otherwise, I could have pre-booked our FP+ at home or by phone and avoided that area all together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter