DAS and Parkhopping

lynzi2004

DIS Veteran
We are using DAS for the first time this trip and are planning on parkhopping. After using the pass in our first park, can I book something for the second park while we are in transit or do I have to scan into the second park first?

We are using DAS for the first time this trip and are planning on parkhopping. After using the pass in our first park, can I book something for the second park while we are in transit or do I have to scan into the second park first?
Unless something has changed recently, no. Everyone you are trying to book the DAS for must have scanned in to the park. We test it every so often but it has never worked and we have been told directly from CM, must scan in to park. I mean you technically can not be "waiting in line" if you aren't in the park.

Unless something has changed recently, no. Everyone you are trying to book the DAS for must have scanned in to the park. We test it every so often but it has never worked and we have been told directly from CM, must scan in to park. I mean you technically can not be "waiting in line" if you aren't in the park.
Yes that makes sense. Thank you!

When I was visiting with some friends, one group of people liked to take their time in the morning, while the rest of us liked to get to the parks early. I tried to get a DAS pass when I arrived, but it wouldn't let me add my friends who hadn't scanned in yet. Had to make the pass for the smaller group of us that was already there.

When I was visiting with some friends, one group of people liked to take their time in the morning, while the rest of us liked to get to the parks early. I tried to get a DAS pass when I arrived, but it wouldn't let me add my friends who hadn't scanned in yet. Had to make the pass for the smaller group of us that was already there.
Yes. That is the way it's been since DAS became digital.
Only people who have scanned into the park can be included in a DAS Return Time.
It makes sense when you consider that the DAS Return Time is taking the place of waiting in the Standby line. Guests who are not in the park can't wait in the Standby line

Yes. That is the way it's been since DAS became digital.
Only people who have scanned into the park can be included in a DAS Return Time.
It makes sense when you consider that the DAS Return Time is taking the place of waiting in the Standby line. Guests who are not in the park can't wait in the Standby line
It does make sense, it was just early enough in the morning where I wasn't thinking critically and tried to add the whole party, like I'd been doing all trip. To be clear, my frustration was with my lagging friends, not with the DAS system. I've since learned that while I love all of my friends dearly, having a disability makes it tricky to find the right ones to travel with. :)

It does make sense, it was just early enough in the morning where I wasn't thinking critically and tried to add the whole party, like I'd been doing all trip. To be clear, my frustration was with my lagging friends, not with the DAS system. I've since learned that while I love all of my friends dearly, having a disability makes it tricky to find the right ones to travel with. :)
I understand completely.
My husband is the early riser and me and our daughters not so much

So much this ^

For EVERYONES enjoyment, we have to be careful who we commit to travel or do trickier events with.

So much this ^

For EVERYONES enjoyment, we have to be careful who we commit to travel or do trickier events with.

For real! I get flustered and frustrated so easily and have a hard time keeping it together for just my daughter and myself but every time we add anyone to our party I kind of lose it. No matter how much I love them etc. it adds another layer of stress for me.

For real! I get flustered and frustrated so easily and have a hard time keeping it together for just my daughter and myself but every time we add anyone to our party I kind of lose it. No matter how much I love them etc. it adds another layer of stress for me.
Yes. A million times this! Going to Disney is hard with disabilities, but it would be so much more difficult than helpful to us to add people. We do our thing, and we all do the same thing so vacation feels like vacation. The stress would make the trip not fun if I brought any of my family to "help".

You have to be scanned into the park once. We found that when hopping back to Disneyland from California Adventure, that we could do it. We also were told that if you want to make a return time for a park that you haven’t scanned in yet, that the guest relations umbrella can do that for you.

You have to be scanned into the park once. We found that when hopping back to Disneyland from California Adventure, that we could do it. We also were told that if you want to make a return time for a park that you haven’t scanned in yet, that the guest relations umbrella can do that for you.
Disneyland and California Adventure can do it, but it's not available at Disney World.
Guest Relations staff at WDW only have the ability to make DAS Return Times at the park you are currently in, not one you are going to hop to.

Disneyland and California Adventure can do it, but it's not available at Disney World.
Guest Relations staff at WDW only have the ability to make DAS Return Times at the park you are currently in, not one you are going to hop to.
I think this is because the distance between the 2 parks is minimal, comparatively. Like maybe a football field length between the 2. It’s further to the castle from the front of the park.

If it was 60-90 mins between parks rather than 5 mins, then I think it would be very different.

I think this is because the distance between the 2 parks is minimal, comparatively. Like maybe a football field length between the 2. It’s further to the castle from the front of the park.

If it was 60-90 mins between parks rather than 5 mins, then I think it would be very different.
Yes.
I've made that point before.

Thought I would piggyback here instead of starting a new thread. How does it work if you leave a park (either to rest at your resort or perhaps to try to go to another park where you are only eating but not riding)— for example, we start in DHS, then, realizing it will be 2h before we can get on MNMRR leave DHS, and take the boat over to Epcot to get some sort of Festival of the Holidays food. Would it cancel our active return time wait? If we didn’t have an active DAS return, would we be able to start one or could we only pick rides at Epcot once we scanned in?

Thought I would piggyback here instead of starting a new thread. How does it work if you leave a park (either to rest at your resort or perhaps to try to go to another park where you are only eating but not riding)— for example, we start in DHS, then, realizing it will be 2h before we can get on MNMRR leave DHS, and take the boat over to Epcot to get some sort of Festival of the Holidays food. Would it cancel our active return time wait? If we didn’t have an active DAS return, would we be able to start one or could we only pick rides at Epcot once we scanned in?
No, your MNMRR return time will still remain active in your account. If you and your party scans into Epcot and wants to book something else you will need to cancel the MNMRR return time to book something in Epcot. You cannot book an additional DAS even though it's a new park without first removing the DHS return time.

No, your MNMRR return time will still remain active in your account. If you and your party scans into Epcot and wants to book something else you will need to cancel the MNMRR return time to book something in Epcot. You cannot book an additional DAS even though it's a new park without first removing the DHS return time.
Thank you, I certainly didn’t expect to be able to book 2 at one time, I was wondering if I have one child who wants to eat at EPCOT but the other one wanting to return to do attractions at DHS if I would be able to swap out the existing DHS attraction with a different one or if I’d only be able to book EPCOT or if I would lose an existing reservation when leaving the park.

Thank you, I certainly didn’t expect to be able to book 2 at one time, I was wondering if I have one child who wants to eat at EPCOT but the other one wanting to return to do attractions at DHS if I would be able to swap out the existing DHS attraction with a different one or if I’d only be able to book EPCOT or if I would lose an existing reservation when leaving the park.
If you want to keep MNMRR and don't delete it and you hop back to DHS after Epcot you should be fine to use it. You won't automatically lose the DHS DAS when you leave DHS or scan into Epcot. You just cannot book anything in Epcot which seems ok since you only want to dine there. Once you enter Epcot you will no longer be able to book a DHS attraction. You can only cancel what you previously booked for DHS and book a new attraction for Epcot. You could change the DAS for DHS (cancel and rebook) before entering Epcot, but once you all tap into a new park you are locked into that park until you hop again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter