• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DAS and pre-selection and genie+?

lorenae

I'm going to Disney World!
Genie + allows you to select your first ride at 7 AM, then the next two hours after park opening OR after you ride the first ride. With DAS, I do have two pre selections so I am not planning on having Genie+ that day, as that’s fine for a slow Epcot day (two older adults), and I may buy Remy and/or Frozen if I want to ride them.

But for a day at MK (it closes at 4:30 that day), would I have to tap into the DAS preselections before choosing another? One is at 3:30. I wonder if I should also make sure to have Genie+ that day for the morning? I hope that makes sense. I would like to ensure that we can get a chance to ride some rides on that short day, besides my two DAS pre-selections (Peter pan and Jungle Cruise).

Oh, thank you. And at park opening I can either ask a CM or find it on the app?
Yep! And if for some reason it isn't showing in the app (happens sometimes) try closing the app and reopening, restarting your phone, or just asking a CM for help.

Oh, thank you. And at park opening I can either ask a CM or find it on the app?
At park opening OR once you have entered the park. Whichever is later. You must be in the park to make a DAS return time (or more precisely, the DAS-holder must be in the park to make a DAS return time).

I will say that this morning we entered Hollywood Studios partway through the early hours for resort guests, and we were able to make a return time for Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway before the park officially opened. I suspect it depends on whether the attraction is reporting a wait or not?

You can have one DAS at a time IN ADDITION to the 2 advanced selections.
So if your first DAS advanced selection is at 3:30pm you can still get one DAS at a time prior to using that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter