DAS asked for and received

SWofDisorder

Expatriate Fun
After 5 years away we knew there was a lot to learn about the new DAS system. We checked into our hotel and got situated then headed out to Epcot in the evening just to get the DAS and maybe catch a ride or two.

We went to guest services inside the park and because it was almost 8 pm, there was no line at all. The woman was very kind as I pulled out our old paper pass, a letter from our doctor and had my son next to me.

I explained his sensory issues, along with the long list of other issues, upon which the woman stopped me and smiled. She said I could stop just with his sensory and it is not meant to be an interrogation. She took his photo, asked how many in our party, scanned our bands and we were set.

If you think you need a DAS, I suggest you go to guest services and speak to them. They are there to help. Each person needs are different and explaining is a personal matter. Strangers on a forum can't say what guest services will do or not do.

The new system worked in combination with our fast passes and overall we had a lovely time at WDW with the DAS system.

Glad you had a good experience.
This thread has information about DAS: https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...15-digital-das-on-tickets-magicbands.3178976/

ONLY the first post is up to date. The rest is from just before and just after DAS began.
The most important thing to know is that you need to be able to explain your issues related to waiting in line. Since what DAS provides is a place to wait outside of the lines, that is the important information.

If you think you need a DAS, I suggest you go to guest services and speak to them. They are there to help. Each person needs are different and explaining is a personal matter. Strangers on a forum can't say what guest services will do or not do.

I've never seen anyone here do that; in fact, the response I see most often is "No one here can tell you whether or not you'll receive a DAS"

After 5 years away we knew there was a lot to learn about the new DAS system. We checked into our hotel and got situated then headed out to Epcot in the evening just to get the DAS and maybe catch a ride or two.

We went to guest services inside the park and because it was almost 8 pm, there was no line at all. The woman was very kind as I pulled out our old paper pass, a letter from our doctor and had my son next to me.

I explained his sensory issues, along with the long list of other issues, upon which the woman stopped me and smiled. She said I could stop just with his sensory and it is not meant to be an interrogation. She took his photo, asked how many in our party, scanned our bands and we were set.

The new system worked in combination with our fast passes and overall we had a lovely time at WDW with the DAS system.

glad things worked out for you. and Yes you are right we can not know for sure if someone will receive a DAS or not but some of us have been to Disney a number of times and have an idea what a DAS will and will not be given for like mobility problems often do not need a DAS card since the lines are for the most part mainstream, but anyone can go to Gr and talk to them about there needs and see what they say.

What you've seen, and what you often respond to, is people saying that a DAS is doubtful when the only issue is mobility or stamina/fatigue related...but even then, I've only seen it prefaced with "No one here can tell you whether or not you'll get a DAS, but..."

We'll have to agree to disagree

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter