DAS at park selection time for off site guests

vleeth

I heart Disney
This will be our first time staying off site. If the park opens at 8:30 for resort guest and 9:00 for me. Can I set up my dd first DAS at 8:30 or 9:00?

Thanks!

Expect some longer return times for the headliners, as all the resort guests will be in those queues already!

Right, but you can scan into Magic Kingdom well before opening, so I was wondering if you're locked out of booking them until Early Entry is over.

Right, but you can scan into Magic Kingdom well before opening, so I was wondering if you're locked out of booking them until Early Entry is over.
You can? When we were there last month, they were holding non-resort guests outside the park until 9.

Watching a Kyle Pallone YouTube video he posted on Aug 19. He got on Main Street 30 mins or so before he could ride anything.

There must be a posted standby wait time in order to reserve a DAS Return Time. There may or may not be a posted standby wait time at least during the first part of Early Entry, and not all "lands" or attractions open for Early Entry.
So if I'm in the park before I can ride and there a posted wait times, I can book something?

So if I'm in the park before I can ride and there a posted wait times, I can book something?
If the DAS tile is available and allows you to reserve a ride, yes. Some reports are that standby wait times don't start immediately, but others report they do. Seems as though you'll just have to give it a try.

Yes, you can, we have done this. When early entry starts (which was 30 min before park open when we were there), rides had wait times after about 2 minutes (still 28 min before park open). So as long as you are scanned into the park, you can book those rides in MK that have wait times (fantasyland and tomorrowland rides). We booked 7DMT as soon as we could (28 min before the park opened), which was during early entry, even though we weren't resort guests, so we couldn't ride during early entry, but we could book rides while we waited on Main Street.

It seems there isn't a definite answer to this. When we were there a few weeks ago, everyone was being allowed to enter the park,. Non-resort guests were held in the hub. As resort guests, we were scanned and permitted to line up outside Tomorrowland before 8:30 and enter Tomorrowland at 8:30. But the ability to book a DAS return time didn't become active until at least sometime after 8:45 when we boarded Space Mountain. It didn't work before us boarding but was active by the time we were exiting Space. I asked a CM about it and she said it varies and sometimes it's not active until 9:00. It probably does have to do with when standby times are posted.

It seems there isn't a definite answer to this. When we were there a few weeks ago, everyone was being allowed to enter the park,. Non-resort guests were held in the hub. As resort guests, we were scanned and permitted to line up outside Tomorrowland before 8:30 and enter Tomorrowland at 8:30. But the ability to book a DAS return time didn't become active until at least sometime after 8:45 when we boarded Space Mountain. It didn't work before us boarding but was active by the time we were exiting Space. I asked a CM about it and she said it varies and sometimes it's not active until 9:00. It probably does have to do with when standby times are posted.
Thank you, this is very helpful!

Yes, you can, we have done this. When early entry starts (which was 30 min before park open when we were there), rides had wait times after about 2 minutes (still 28 min before park open). So as long as you are scanned into the park, you can book those rides in MK that have wait times (fantasyland and tomorrowland rides). We booked 7DMT as soon as we could (28 min before the park opened), which was during early entry, even though we weren't resort guests, so we couldn't ride during early entry, but we could book rides while we waited on Main Street.
Thanks for posting. It looks like it varies, but I'll be watching when we get there.

Renewed DAS yesterday. Staying on site.

Trying to reserve pre-selection today and can't, for the life of me, figure out how to get 'back in' to do it. Every think I tap on gets me back to the DAS registration which I don't need. I just want 2 ride reservations.

Can anyone help with the correct # or site? Thank you so much. Never got any ride in advance before and presume I needed to stay on yesterday and figure out what I wanted to try for? Too late now.

It doesn't require all parties to enter. We used it months ago with a party member who never came at all that day.

It doesn't require all parties to enter. We used it months ago with a party member who never came at all that day.
difference being person did not come that day but you can not use for all of party if one person is not in park but planning to be in park when you ride. that is the big difference

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter