• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DAS for Under 3 at Disneyland

Avgarcia

Earning My Ears
Hello, I am heading to Disneyland on March 8 and 9 and will be in a group of 6 people. Two of the six people have a disability and we plan on pre-registering them for DAS passes.

However, one person who we plan on getting a DAS pass for is 2 years old, so she will not have her own ticket. It is my understanding that her DAS pass will be connected to one of her parents tickets, since she does not have one.

There are certain rides she is not able to get on, so we plan on rider switching these rides, so the other people in the group can get on. Given that the 2 year old won't ride those rides, we understand that we cannot use her DAS pass, but can use the other person in our groups DAS pass.

However, are we able to add the person who her DAS pass is connected to (her mother) to the other person's DAS pass, when we go on rides without the 2 year old.

The reason we also want the 2 year old to have her own pass is because there are times she will go alone with someone else and do her own thing and we want to ensure she does not have to wait in line too long for those rides, since she is autistic.

I hope my question is clear and I appreciate any and all help understanding how this system works. Thank you.

EVERYONE can only be connected to ONE DAS holder.

this is not accurate. People can only be on one DAS return at a time, but can be linked to two (or more) DAS holders. (Think about a family of 4 with two kids that need DAS for different reasons. Each parent can be linked to both DAS passes but each child can not be listed on the other’s. If they’re riding together, they each get a return time for the same ride, and if they’re not riding together they can each have a return time for the ride they choose. Each parent can only be on one return time with one child but they could mix and match as needed throughout the day to ride together or split up).

Typically a DAS holder cannot be listed on someone else’s pass. In the case the OP presented, a 2 year old’s DAS is often attached to a parents ticket. Thus the question about whether sed parent can be on the other DAS holder’s return time for rides the 2 year old won’t ride. Because the parent is not technically the DAS holder and can’t get a DAS return in the name of the 2 year old for rides they can’t/won’t go on because the DAS holder must ride. So it’s more complex.

At WDW my understanding is they issue a "dummy ticket" to the little one, so her DAS isn't actually "on" anyone else's ticket. PP is correct that each guest may only have 1 DAS Return Time at given point, but you should be able to mix-and-match who gets a Return Time with each DAS-holder.

It’s the opposite.
The DAS holder can’t be connected to another DAS, but the guests linked to DAS can be connected to more than one DAS holder
Ohhh that must be the confusion. We were told this fall at Disneyland that there can only be one DAS holder in any party. Not too shocked there was a miscommunication on that

Ohhh that must be the confusion. We were told this fall at Disneyland that there can only be one DAS holder in any party. Not too shocked there was a miscommunication on that
What they said was true, but could be misunderstood.
They were looking at the ‘party’ as the people linked to the DAS. You were probably thinking of the ‘party’ as the people in your Friends & Family group.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter