DAS for Wheelchair User

Monesti

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone!

Don't be alarmed by my post title, I am a former CM and understand the DAS system and that it isn't for mobility needs. I have always qualified for DAS due to a neurological disorder, and my need to often leave lines (sometimes after 3+ hours of waiting) to inject/infuse medications during a health crisis. I am getting my first wheelchair this august, and I am concerned that CMs will see my chair and automatically deny me and not listen to my needs.

Have any of you gotten a DAS pass for non-mobility reasons while also using a chair? Please let me know!

I don't have a personal account, but I lurk on this board enough to know it is possible and that others have reported getting both a DAS and using a wheelchair. They are not mutually exclusive. They recognize some people legitimately need both.

I have the last 8 years. I have a lot of disabilities (more than mobility, but definitely able to see them, not hidden). If you feel you require a DAS, by all means take your time and explain why you can't wait in traditional lines. Guest Services are there to help you have a magical experience.

since you already have had a DAS in the past just ask to renewal your DAS if they question why you need it ( they ask me some times) just let them know your needs that do not have to do with mobility problems

Yes my daughter is a wheelchair user and I always get a DAS for her. She has CHARGE Syndrome, medically fragile, deafblind, Has a j tube and g tube , etc. I never have to explain anything. We always get it without any problems. We would get fastpasses too when you could and we always rope drop as you can get more accomplished and then go back to the resort after lunch for a pool break. My daughter loves the pool!

Yes my daughter is a wheelchair user and I always get a DAS for her. She has CHARGE Syndrome, medically fragile, deafblind, Has a j tube and g tube , etc. I never have to explain anything. We always get it without any problems. We would get fastpasses too when you could and we always rope drop as you can get more accomplished and then go back to the resort after lunch for a pool break. My daughter loves the pool!

I'm confused - I thought DAS wasn't based on a medical diagnosis, just an inablilty to be in a standard queue for a non-mobility issue?

I'm confused - I thought DAS wasn't based on a medical diagnosis, just an inablilty to be in a standard queue for a non-mobility issue?

That;s correct. I'm assuming the PP offered that info for context here, not implying she had to discuss any of that with Guest Services

I was worried about this during my first chair trip last year as well, but it wasn't a problem at all. I was given my DAS (for the same reasons I had been in the past) without any problem.

That’s exactly how I felt & exactly how it went for me too! So thankful they can see it’s a renewal (& nothing had changed, except my mobility was in decline as well).

I will add that on a subsequent trip, I was reminded by a GS CM that DAS isn’t for mobility needs... every single autoimmune disease & issue my body has is completely invisible to others, so it’s not surprising to me when I get asked questions... Anyway, I quickly agreed & stated that I have other needs, and they processed it without asking any further questions.

I have not had a problem getting a DAS as a wheelchair user. They do ask me regularly why I need a DAS, even when renewing. I give them my one sentence answer and I have never had a problem getting the DAS issued. Hope you have a great time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter