DAS fyi

Thank you. I'll try at 12est my time when they open. I'll be at lunch, hopefully I can get it done by 1pm.

I was frustrated but I also know they are just doing their job so I didn't push it. I worry they'll have a record of me being denied and not let me request again. I'll be trying again later today when they reopen. I'll be at lunch eastern time right when they open.

Please let us know how it goes, I'm worried now for our September trip.

I actually did the video chat yesterday for the DAS at DL for a similar reason, having to quickly exit a line due to my health issue, and the CM told me the same thing. That I could exit and just go back into the line to meet my party or ask a CM at the ride entrance/exit to let me back in. I was very skeptical as this almost never happens at WDW. So my DAS request was denied. Should I do another video chat? or just wait until I get to the parks next month and do it in person?
Who is this person denying everyone?! They need to get off of their soapbox.

Please let us know how it goes, I'm worried now for our September trip.
I will as soon as I get a response when they open. The thought of having to exit the line and then fight my way back through gives me major anxiety. People are very unkind and make unnecessary comments and I don't hold my mouth/comments very well so I'd rather just avoid the situation all together.

Who is this person denying everyone?! They need to get off of their soapbox.
I can't remember her name but I'm sure I'll see my chat history when I get back on. It had my previous chat (for something else) on there when I did it yesterday.

I will as soon as I get a response when they open. The thought of having to exit the line and then fight my way back through gives me major anxiety. People are very unkind and make unnecessary comments and I don't hold my mouth/comments very well so I'd rather just avoid the situation all together.

I can't remember her name but I'm sure I'll see my chat history when I get back on. It had my previous chat (for something else) on there when I did it yesterday.
They probably get a bonus for limiting the number issued. 🤣 Can you tell I read the frommers article?

I agree, I see people post on Reddit all the time trying to circumvent the system. It sucks and this is the inevitable outcome.

My 15- (soon to be 16-) DD has developed severe social anxiety over the last few years. It definitely impacted our park visit last summer. We made more frequent trips back to the hotel so she could get a respite from the crowds and there were a few lines we skipped because they were just too crowded for her (there was no MaxPass or Lightning Lanes last summer). DD had a panic attack while we were in the WS ride extended queue area that was the big cement patio area where the lines were all marked by tape lines on the floor. DH, older DD, and I did the best we could to make three points around her so she at least felt surrounded by familiar people and had a little space. But it was super hard on her and it was really hard for me to watch. She made it through the line (she felt more conspicuous trying to leave the middle of that tangled line than just staying), but needless-to-say, we did not ride Webslingers again!!! She didn’t want to get a DAS because she was concerned about the attention it would draw to go through a separate entrance. I’m hoping that with Genie+, we can make life easier for her this trip. I had been toying with looking into DAS in addition, but hearing all this, I think we will just stick with G+ and frequent trips back to the hotel. She most definitely would never, ever consider pushing through crowds to meet the rest of our family at the beginning of the line!!! First of all, her anxiety would be through the roof imaging that scenario! Second, our family has always frowned on people who do this without any apparent good reason and she would feel like she was breaking a rule. Third, and in many ways most importantly, this is a family vacation and we want to spend time as a family! It’s very unfortunate they are taking the approach they are in regards to “invisible” disabilities.

Unfortunately there is going to be a spike of illegitimate DAS application in a post genie+ world. I wouldn’t be surprised if they suggest this line hopping thing as a way of politely rejecting someone with the hopes that legit DAS people will continue to try and the fakers will shrug it off.

Kind of like the split the baby story in the Bible.

I can't believe anyone working for Disney in an official capacity is suggesting line jumping. That's awful because now these people (the "fakers") will be able to say they were TOLD to do this.

It really sounds like the online registration is designed to try and catch people who are trying to game the system. I wish they had kept the online registration to people who have already gotten the DAS issued in park and have a history of enrollment. It would better weed out the fakers. Make everyone do it in person initially.

I did video chat today to preregistrater for a DAS, which I have used several times at WDW since it became necessary.

While the cast member today agreed that I am unable to wait in the normal queue, she said that I don’t qualify for DAS because I have other members in my part who can stand in line. When they get to the front, they should call me and I should join their party.

This was a surprise to me, and I just wanted to let others know that it might be a possibility.
Not sure if this has been covered, but did the CM say your party should call you only? Or they should let a cast member know at front and then cast member would send you through the LL? I can see where they might start restricting the use of DAS in larger adult groups, not that I agree with that. Interesting to hear about it. What was the size of your party?

Back in 2019, I was told something similar by a CM at City Hall. I was requesting a DAS for my adult son who has autism and anxiety. I explained that he gets very anxious being too close to strangers, especially if he inadvertently gets touched or bumped. I told her that he tends to have verbal and physical reactions (yelling hey! or jumping away) that can make people uncomfortable. She said, "OK, well you can partner with the CM at the exit to each ride. They will let you in when the other people in your party reach the front of the line." My son immediately balked at that idea. He said he didn't want to walk through the exit and have other people think he was cutting. Then he proceeded to list all of the rides where that wouldn't easily work. I'm sure the CM could see his anxiety rising. Then she said, "The other thing I could do is issue you a DAS." My son said, "Yeah, you should do that!" He pretty much advocated for himself that time.

When we went this past November, we walked up to a kiosk since the line at City Hall was pretty long. I explained that we needed to get my son a DAS and that he had used one in the past. The CM said, "Cool. How many in your party? I'll just scan in everyone's tickets. What do you want to ride first?" It was that simple. As others have said, it does seem to depend on which CM you get.

We had issues with DAS back in December at WDW after always qualifying for DAS previously at both WDW and DL. We ended up just using Genie+ and lightning lane since thankfully we were pretty flexible and were actually able to do quite a bit that way. I think they're really trying to limit the number of people due to the few who abuse the system. Let us know how it goes for you. Considering a trip to DL later this year, but seriously not so sure with the way things at Disney parks have been going lately.

Ok everyone, good news... I finally got through to a new CM via video chat, Tiffany. She was very kind and understanding when I explained my health concern, she immediately said that this is exactly what the DAS is for and approved it. She walked me through how it's used as I've never had one before, my health issue is a recent development so we've never had to use DAS at WDW (we're APs there). She then asked if I wanted to pre-register for 2 attractions per day for my stay and that was it. She was so much more understanding than the CM I spoke to yesterday. And she had no record of my previous video chat so definitely try again if you legitimately need the DAS and was denied.

Ok everyone, good news... I finally got through to a new CM via video chat, Tiffany. She was very kind and understanding when I explained my health concern, she immediately said that this is exactly what the DAS is for and approved it. She walked me through how it's used as I've never had one before, my health issue is a recent development so we've never had to use DAS at WDW (we're APs there). She then asked if I wanted to pre-register for 2 attractions per day for my stay and that was it. She was so much more understanding than the CM I spoke to yesterday. And she had no record of my previous video chat so definitely try again if you legitimately need the DAS and was denied.
I’m so very happy you got what you need! Hope you have a marvelous time at Disneyland!!

After you get ur DAS.. I’d drop a note to Disney. This is ridiculous the Xtra effort ( long hold times and attempts ) and anxiety ill informed CM’s are providing :(. Hope it works out. Have a great visit!
Thankfully I got a super helpful CM when I video chatted today. And much shorter wait time. Maybe 45min versus almost 3 hours yesterday.

I can't believe anyone working for Disney in an official capacity is suggesting line jumping. That's awful because now these people (the "fakers") will be able to say they were TOLD to do this.

It really sounds like the online registration is designed to try and catch people who are trying to game the system. I wish they had kept the online registration to people who have already gotten the DAS issued in park and have a history of enrollment. It would better weed out the fakers. Make everyone do it in person initially.
OP here. I have qualified at both DL and WDW in the past.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter