DAS Help

It may seem like a waste of money but Genie+ for a few days for one person also isn’t really that expensive in the grand scheme of a Disney trip if it is going to make your granddaughter feel better about being with you at Disney.
I agree. When we get Genie+ we don't spend any more, we just adjust our plans with a few less TS meals. I'd rather pass on a mediocre meal to have the benefit of using G+ all day.

I agree. When we get Genie+ we don't spend any more, we just adjust our plans with a few less TS meals. I'd rather pass on a mediocre meal to have the benefit of using G+ all day.
I like your thinking, but I wish Genie + would let you do do overs. In our case, our list of rides have gotten smaller, so we'd don't do any of the mountains any longer but buzz type rides twice over. Maybe instead of 10 different rides, 10 rides with no more than 3 repeats.

Of course DAS is so that those who can’t use the standby line can use the LL - that’s exactly what is. After waiting outside the line , of course, but it specifically for using the LL after waiting outside the line.

And I see nowhere in the OP that her granddaughter can’t wait in a standby queue, just that she can’t wait in the line alone.

Of course she can ask, but as she explained it here , I would think she would and should be denied.
Not being able to wait in the standby line alone due to social anxiety IS not being able to use the standby line.

I appreciate everyone's support and opinions I will reach out directly to Disney. I don't have an issue with purchasing Genie+ for myself. A specific issue was Slinky Dog - and I had purchased the LL for her; but not for myself as I'm not riding. CM refused to allow me to accompany her through the line and take the "chicken" exit. It was just stressful and then made her uneasy regarding future rides.

I appreciate everyone's support and opinions I will reach out directly to Disney. I don't have an issue with purchasing Genie+ for myself. A specific issue was Slinky Dog - and I had purchased the LL for her; but not for myself as I'm not riding. CM refused to allow me to accompany her through the line and take the "chicken" exit. It was just stressful and then made her uneasy regarding future rides.

Not a perfect solution but if you’re not opposed to buying G+ you can use the ‘chicken’ exit. Basically you need a valid way to get in the line before using the chicken exit; they don’t allow an invalid way into a line with the intentiion of using the chicken exit. It’s just too hard to control that.

Deleted because I forgot how to read today. Ignore me.

Last edited:
I wonder if it’s because at the point where you line up they need to know an even or an odd number of riders, so it would have messed up the queue? Because if you have a valid genie+ reservation there is no reason why you can’t scan in and line up as a rider.

OP did Not have a valid Genie+ reservation for herself, only the GD, that is why they could not enter the LL. CM's have no way of knowing if the OP actually rides or not. (I am not indicating the OP would ride!)

If the OP doesn't get at DAS for the GD then the other option would be to purchase G+ and/or the ILL for everyone and then opt of out of riding at boarding.

OP should set up a video chat for the DAS when the GD is with her and see what the CM decides. Alternately you can inquire at guest relations at the park.

Disney really needs to have a feedback forum for DAS. They have figured out things for those who fit neatly in a box. The problem is that everyone is unique, and there are those who need legitimate accommodations that are being left without. I met a family two days ago that had a severely disabled child who is adult age. He is not able to eat any regular food, period. But when the family tries to book DDP they insist they need to add him. (I know all the posts against DDP, but this couple really likes the plan). They should be able to exclude him. Why can’t they issue a colored bracelet for a rider who has a non riding assistance person with him/her? That’s what they do to identify people going into a ride Que for special events. There are solutions out there.

Disney really needs to have a feedback forum for DAS. They have figured out things for those who fit neatly in a box. The problem is that everyone is unique, and there are those who need legitimate accommodations that are being left without. I met a family two days ago that had a severely disabled child who is adult age. He is not able to eat any regular food, period. But when the family tries to book DDP they insist they need to add him. (I know all the posts against DDP, but this couple really likes the plan). They should be able to exclude him. Why can’t they issue a colored bracelet for a rider who has a non riding assistance person with him/her? That’s what they do to identify people going into a ride Que for special events. There are solutions out there.

I think Disney does a great job with DAS and we don't yet know how they will accommodate the OP.

What's to stop a person from removing the bracelet and riding? (again, not saying the OP would!)

As for the family you met - all they have to do is book the package with the DDP for everyone except their son and then add him to the room after check in. They would have to purchase his ticket separately, but they would not have to pay for his DDP.

I think Disney does a great job with DAS and we don't yet know how they will accommodate the OP.

What's to stop a person from removing the bracelet and riding? (again, not saying the OP would!)

As for the family you met - all they have to do is book the package with the DDP for everyone except their son and then add him to the room after check in. They would have to purchase his ticket separately, but they would not have to pay for his DDP.
If you remove your bracelet you can’t put it back on. So it gives them what, one non purchased LL for one person? Not a biggie

No, they can’t just add after check in and not pay for DDP. Front desk insists on adding. And why should they have to do this?

If you remove your bracelet you can’t put it back on. So it gives them what, one non purchased LL for one person? Not a biggie

No, they can’t just add after check in and not pay for DDP. Front desk insists on adding. And why should they have to do this?
Yes, you can put it back on. I did it with my MNSSHP bracelet.

Why should they have to do what, follow the policy of a special offer that Disney made? They can choose to get it or not, can't they?

They can - I have done this many, many times at the front desk, it's actually the reservation CM's that can't do this as it can't be done until check in. Of course they don't have to, they can just pay for their son.

ETA - there are so many "one of" situations that yes sometimes you have to manage them on your own, other times Disney has a policy or procedure in place to help.

I don't have a mobility issue, but I cannot stand in a crowd for fireworks or parades, so I purchase a dessert party or dinner package because that meets my needs, or I skip the event.

Disney can't possibly accommodate every issue of every guest but in my experience/opinion if you speak openly and honestly to a CM at Guest Relations, they will do their best to help in any way feasible.

/out

Last edited:
Not being able to wait in the standby line alone due to social anxiety IS not being able to use the standby line.

But she isn't able to go alone in a LL/DAS line either.

The grandmother can walk through the standby lines with her and take the "chicken" exit at the end. If the ride has ILL/G+ they can either buy that for BOTH of them or wait together in the actual standby queue (as ILL/G+ isn't required for any ride.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter