DAS like Genie Plus?

disneyerin

DIS Veteran
Can I have more than 2 DAS passes per day? Does it work like Genie Plus where once you use one you can book another?

Can I have more than 2 DAS passes per day? Does it work like Genie Plus where once you use one you can book another?
I haven't been back to the land since Genie Plus came out but in World you can do this. In Disney World you can also get registered for 3 DAS passes in advance although they are not as flexible as the regular DAS.

The pre registered DAS is like Genie Plus/FastPass where it is during a certain time frame. While nice to have it seems like we always have an issue with the one that needs DAS and we miss that time frame.

You can have the preset passes set up before you arrive when you are getting verified for the DAS. Once you get in to the park each day you can get one additional DAS pass at a time even if you haven't used the other two yet. There was one day where I was able to use it 4-5 times but that was mostly due to luck since the return time was based on what the current standby time was. While we were waiting in line after scanning in I would look at the app and see what was available and set up the next one.

I'm not sure I understand. So when we walk into the park on the first day we'll have 2 preset passes. We can add a third one as soon as we enter the park that first day? And are you saying that we can get 3 passes right from the start every day?

I'm not sure I understand. So when we walk into the park on the first day we'll have 2 preset passes. We can add a third one as soon as we enter the park that first day? And are you saying that we can get 3 passes right from the start every day?

Yes. The preselected ones are separate from the ones you make yourself after scanning in.

Also, if you make a DAS return time and that ride goes down, it will convert into a "multiple experience" pass and once that happens, you can immediately make another DAS return time, even if the time hadn't come up for the down ride.

Here is how it works , I use DAS as a disneyland regular.

1. When you do the PRE SELECTIONS - those are like traditonal Fastpass where you need to return during the specified time. These DO NOT impact you requesting a DAS return time once scanned into a park.

2. After you're in the park and choose for example Soarin' for your DAS a return time will show in the app. You can only make ONE DAS SELECTION at once.
Again this does not affect or include the pre selections done before arrival.

3. Once your return time is ready you can return ANYTIME after that , in fact you can redeem the barcode five minutes earlier than the specified time as a quick tip. Once you scan the return time barcode for your party , IMMEDIATELY you can make another DAS selection.

In short - pre set selections don't stop you from making an additional
selection in the park. Just keep in mind you must scan into the corresponding park to make a selection. You can't scan into DCA and make a election for Disneyland for example unless you have parkhoppers or a Magic Key , and then after you scan into Disneyland you can go back and forth.

OMG, so if my DAS window is from 11am to 12am I can use it for a ride at 3pm?
There is no window, just a “return after” time. So if your return time is 11am, you can go any time after 11am. You cannot, however, select a new DAS until after you have used your current one.

No, if your preselected window is 11am to 12pm, you must return during that window. The pre-selections have NO flexibility. Use it or lose it.

The DAS return times you get day of don't have an hour window. They are just "Anytime after XX:XX"
That is how it is at Disney World as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter