DAS pass - more than 6, anyone had luck?

I was in a party of 9 in August. When I went to get a return time they would ask me what 3 I wanted to leave out. It led to a lot of drama. (Not with the cast member but within my party).

Sorry to raise the dead, but has anyone had luck with having more than 6 on a DAS and scheduling a return time for everyone? Is that the supervisor override that has to happen to make it work? Going next summer and trying to figure out what to do with the grandparents since they will be left out...

Sorry to raise the dead, but has anyone had luck with having more than 6 on a DAS and scheduling a return time for everyone? Is that the supervisor override that has to happen to make it work? Going next summer and trying to figure out what to do with the grandparents since they will be left out...
You could get genie+ and ILL and coordinate that way.

DL is clear on all their information that 6 is the limit, including the person registered for DAS.

WDW doesn’t directly address it on their information. Some people have reported they were not able to get more than 6 total on the DAS video registration, but were able to add guests at the park. But, be prepared that you may not be able to have more than 6 total on a DAS Return Time.

Edit— Sorry, I didn’t read all the way to the end of the thread, and didn’t notice that this had been a zombie thread. I guess I could’ve just erased my whole post… but I’m choosing to leave it in case it helps someone who may search and find this thread in the future .

Are you saying that the DAS users were each allowed to be on a second DAS?
It’s likely that each DAS user created a party from the 7 non-DAS guests linked to the both of them. That’s how it was for us— although we didn’t have more than 6 total anyway.

So think of a large party with DAS users A & B…. They each have guests C, D, E, F, G, H & I linked to them and can choose their party from those linked guests in any combination, and they can change up who is in which DAS users party each time they go into the app to get a return time. But the DAS users are independent from one another, and they have to each request their own return time separately, with whichever party members they want to choose for that ride. The DAS party is re-chosen/re-assigned at each request. In the end, each party will end up being 6 or fewer total guests.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Last edited:
We were at WDW in early Aug 2022 and it took me about 30 seconds to get all 8 of our party onto DAS. Just went to guest services at the entrance and asked. The change carried over for every day/park of our stay. We had already booked Genie+ just in case, but never used it.

Note: We did end up missing a few rides as my daughter (DAS holder) was unable to last in a few of the LL lines that were too long or crowded. Based on some recommendation on this forum we often used a method where we kept space and allowed her to walk back and forth in that space to keep mobile, but it wasn't feasible in a few LL lines and queues such as TT, GOTG, RR, and, ToT.

Last edited:
We were at WDW in early Aug 2022 and it took me about 30 seconds to get all 8 of our party onto DAS. Just went to guest services at the entrance and asked. The change carried over for every day/park of our stay. We had already booked Genie+ just in case, but never used it.

Note: We did end up missing a few rides as my daughter (DAS holder) was unable to last in a few of the LL lines that were too long or crowded. Based on some recommendation on this forum we often used a method where we kept space and allowed her to walk back and forth in that space to keep mobile, but it wasn't feasible in a few LL lines and queues such as TT, GOTG, RR, and, ToT.
Why did you all need to miss the rides if you also had Genie+? Couldn’t someone sit out with her while the rest rode?

Why did you all need to miss the rides if you also had Genie+? Couldn’t someone sit out with her while the rest rode?
Only had Genie+ for the first day at AK, and it was never needed after visiting guest services. After that, the 8 person DAS was all we used and we stuck together except for those who bailed out of fear on a few rides :).

Reactions: cm8
Just back from a family reunion, 10 total guests 10/26-11/2. GR was able to add all 10 to my DAS but I could only select 6 (5 plus me) at a time to ride via the app and the blue umbrella CMs could not override.

We did as was mentioned above; used a combo of Genie + and ILL to include the party of 10 on the attractions we all wanted to ride together.

eta - there were days when more than 4 of our party used Genie+ and or ILL as there are attractions I (the DAS holder) don't ride that they wanted to. So with a group this large the combo worked out very well, but we did have to take a minute to coordinate and decide who was purchasing what each morning.

Last edited:
Has anyone used the genie+ and DAS combo for a large group at DL? I keep reading about genie+ return times being far out, or gone completely by the afternoon, so I worry about being able to coordinate to ride all together.

We’re a group of 5 for most of our trip but for one day my sister and her husband and kid will be joining us, so we’ll be 8 that day. We don’t get to see them much (they live in San Diego, the rest of us in Canada), so ideally we’d like to do things together that day.

We’re doing our video chat tomorrow so at this point don’t know for sure that we’ll have DAS but I am expecting my son will qualify. I will ask the CM about linking all 8 of us for the one day but it doesn’t sound likely, so just thinking ahead to what would work for that day.

Has anyone used the genie+ and DAS combo for a large group at DL? I keep reading about genie+ return times being far out, or gone completely by the afternoon, so I worry about being able to coordinate to ride all together.

We’re a group of 5 for most of our trip but for one day my sister and her husband and kid will be joining us, so we’ll be 8 that day. We don’t get to see them much (they live in San Diego, the rest of us in Canada), so ideally we’d like to do things together that day.

We’re doing our video chat tomorrow so at this point don’t know for sure that we’ll have DAS but I am expecting my son will qualify. I will ask the CM about linking all 8 of us for the one day but it doesn’t sound likely, so just thinking ahead to what would work for that day.
So a few things. All of you can be linked. But only 6 of you can be selected when making a return time.

They MIGHT be willing to make an exception for your niece/nephew allowing you to select 7, because exceptions are usually granted for children only (we've been told this by supervisors). But it's not a gaurantee and likely will have to be done in person, day-of.

Genie+ times are extremely unlikely to line up with the DAS times.

Best case scenario is your extended family gets in line at the same time you pull a return time. Since the length of standby line is about the same as the time you'll wait for your DAS time, you should be able to meet up close to the front at the same time.

So a few things. All of you can be linked. But only 6 of you can be selected when making a return time.

They MIGHT be willing to make an exception for your niece/nephew allowing you to select 7, because exceptions are usually granted for children only (we've been told this by supervisors). But it's not a gaurantee and likely will have to be done in person, day-of.

Genie+ times are extremely unlikely to line up with the DAS times.

Best case scenario is your extended family gets in line at the same time you pull a return time. Since the length of standby line is about the same as the time you'll wait for your DAS time, you should be able to meet up close to the front at the same time.
Thanks so much! That’s kind of what I was expecting based on what I’ve been reading.

I just finished our video chat and they were indeed able to add all 8 people to our party for the that day but could only prebook the DAS for 6 total. She said she thought individual CMs or guest services might be inclined to override it in the park since it’s just one day, but of course it can’t be guaranteed, which I understand completely. Probably one or more adults in the group will want a break from rides at times anyway so we may just take turns.

I could overhear another CM during the chat talking to someone else trying to book a large party too—she said it’s common to allow exceptions of 7 or 8, but she’s rarely seen them allow more than that.

Thanks so much! That’s kind of what I was expecting based on what I’ve been reading.

I just finished our video chat and they were indeed able to add all 8 people to our party for the that day but could only prebook the DAS for 6 total. She said she thought individual CMs or guest services might be inclined to override it in the park since it’s just one day, but of course it can’t be guaranteed, which I understand completely. Probably one or more adults in the group will want a break from rides at times anyway so we may just take turns.

I could overhear another CM during the chat talking to someone else trying to book a large party too—she said it’s common to allow exceptions of 7 or 8, but she’s rarely seen them allow more than that.
Yes, and oftentimes with 7, they'll tell you it doesn't matter if your bonus person isn't on the return time because they're fine letting one extra person go or they just won't even ask.

It gets dicey past that though

We just did. Genie+ helped a little but honestly it was so crowded that DAS was the only way we got on most rides. It was the 6 in my family (2 parents, 4 kids) and the my dad came with us also. The CM I booked DAS Advance with on the phone prior made it sounds like it was impossible to get more than 6 but we could try asking at the parks. When I got to the parks/guest services to ask about adding my dad, he had already been added and it was no big deal? Kind of weird. But yes, he was automatically added to our DAS advance and it was no problem getting on rides.

If they don't get added to your DAS, it will be pretty annoying. Like I said, Genie+ was pretty much useless after 12pm especially if you're trying to hop. And, DAS is just the length of the line, and usually a tiny bit shorter. Example: RSR is a 60 minute wait at 10am. Return time is then usually 10:45. Genie+ at that point would probably be 12/1pm (if it's even working, an entirely different topic.) So there would be a lot of hanging around waiting for times to coincide. The window for DAS is until the end of the day - so it's not like DAS would expire before G+ - but it will be a lot of wasted time if you're trying to be ride efficient.

Anyway, I'd definitely ask and hopefully it works out!!

We usually end up with 4 adults/3 kids and have been allowed to do all 7 at once. It is always our family members and usually our family of 4 and plus a family of 3. We usually are all linked, all staying at the same resort, all staying for the same days and I usually make all the reservations for everyone. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Interesting, wonder what the factors are? I was at WDW, all at the same resort, 2 different DME, mine and my SIL, all the same last name. I was able to add all 10 guests to my DAS but the app would only let me choose 6 for the ride reservations. On the 2nd to last day when we were down to 7 guests I asked if they could add just one more guest and they said the system would not allow this.

Again, I am not complaining as we were able to combine G+ and ILL with the DAS in order to experience the attractions together that were important to us. This also allowed some of the younger crowd to make G+ for attractions the rest of the party wasn't interested in.

We are going to Disney World on November 18th. We have the DAS pass already approved for our 3 year old and added 5 additional guests. Our group going is our immediate family of 4 plus my sister, brother in law, nephew and my mom, so 8 total. Has anyone had luck at the park adding 2 extra people on a DAS pass (for 8 total)? It’s hard to predict which people might stay together because sometimes our 3 year old prefers different people who may help take care of him. The cast member who helped set up the DAS pass said to ask at the park, so I’m wondering, has anyone had luck getting a total of 8 people approved?
We just had 8 in September. We did our pre- selections for the 6. When we got there- the first day, we went to guest services at Epcot and they were able to add the other 2, and we got a bonus pixie dust and although it took forever, the girl was able to add them on to our preselected ones. But she did say that was not the normal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter