DAS PASS REGISTRATION ISSUES

Reporterhill

Earning My Ears
HI. I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this issue with DAS pass preregistration. i did it a few months ago with my mom but we can't use that DAS pass because it was over two months ago and it expired. it was so easy. but this time the "request live video chat" button DOES NOT WORK. you know when you hover over a button it changes color and you know you're gonna be able to click on it? that was fine with the "terms and conditions" button but when I hover over the "request live video chat" it does NOTHING. it just won't move. even right clicking it to "open in a different browser" does nothing. I have the chat screen up and it seems as tho I'm in the queue but who knows. they WILL NOT answer me when I chat with them. it's insane. I tried this yesterday and it was the same issue so i thought today would be different but it's the SAME thing. then when it gets to 8:00 they kick you off and you're never able to speak with anyone or even chat with anyone. this is so different than back in July when I did it. Anyone know anything about this process?

I'm not an IT tech, but these are my go-to options when trying to get something to work:
  • shutdown completely and reboot the device
  • try a different browser (Chrome, Firefox, Edge, etc.)
  • clear your cookies (it sounds like your situation could be a cookie "remembering" where you left off back in July)
Usually one of those things will do the trick to get me working again.

I'm not an IT tech, but these are my go-to options when trying to get something to work:
  • shutdown completely and reboot the device
  • try a different browser (Chrome, Firefox, Edge, etc.)
  • clear your cookies (it sounds like your situation could be a cookie "remembering" where you left off back in July)
Usually one of those things will do the trick to get me working again.
Thank you so much for taking the time to respond. we thought it was maybe something with our computer as well, but it did the same thing on my daughter's computer and we did try a different browser -- two actually! we cleared cookies and history, etc. and let me tell you Disney Customer Svc. is the WORST. we got zero response from them -- i mean zero. I've done this before and when the chat window pops up there is always someone there to respond to you BUTnot one person came on chat last night and I was on for over three hours. it's terribly disappointing. thanks again.

I had a lot of trouble too recently, in fact the system would ask me if I was still there after 30 min then disengage. First time I thought it hung up on me, it just became inaccessible with a note to use the back button that did nothing. Eventually I realized that the back button didn't really work but using refresh on another page/tab with the DAS info there seemed to do the trick. I was on an ipad. I also called customer service when this was going on and was suggested to wait and go to the gate, nope, thats where they told me no last time I tried so it was this or nothing. Took 2 hours of waiting on day 2 but it all worked out, requires a decent amount of time and patience.

Did you try chatting in a browser on your phone?
oh, yes! I have tried every device imaginable. it is really bad today. now you can't even get into the chat. I hit "request live video chat" and i get a screen that says "GO BACK TO THE PREVIOUS PAGE OR LOG IN TO CONTINUE YOUR CONVERSATION" pops up where the chat screen is. well, that implies there was a conversation to begin with! and i AM logged in. I think the traffic is so ridiculous that Disney has no way to handle it. it gets worse every day. Monday when we tried at least we got to actually chat with a cast member and explain the problem with the button not working. yesterday there was ZERO cast members that joined the chat. and today? you can't even get on Chat! thank you for the suggestion though!

I had a lot of trouble too recently, in fact the system would ask me if I was still there after 30 min then disengage. First time I thought it hung up on me, it just became inaccessible with a note to use the back button that did nothing. Eventually I realized that the back button didn't really work but using refresh on another page/tab with the DAS info there seemed to do the trick. I was on an ipad. I also called customer service when this was going on and was suggested to wait and go to the gate, nope, thats where they told me no last time I tried so it was this or nothing. Took 2 hours of waiting on day 2 but it all worked out, requires a decent amount of time and patience.
i agree. I did it back in July and it was EASY compared to this. I can't even get in the queue today. I know what you're talking abt with the screen that says "go back or sign in" or something like that. and it's maddening because I AM SIGNED IN! So I played that game. I would just X out of it and refresh and the chat would pop back up. Today? You can't even get the chat screen! I X out and refresh like I've done in the past but the chat never appears. it's a vicious circle and I am BEYOND frustrated. thank you for your response.

Hey thought I'd do a follow up. was able to get on last night after about almost four hours! but it went really smooth. they questioned me really rather rigorously but I guess that's okay. just glad it's over! I appreciate everyone's responses!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter