DAS pass

Status
Not open for further replies.

davedmaine

DIS Veteran
We watch several of the Disney YouTube live streamers. It seems like almost all of them are now using DAS passes. Quite a coincidence ..

This doesn't seem like it's going to spark constructive criticism of the DAS system. I haven't been back since Covid but I doubt there's real significant abuse going on and the system does help those who need it.

If you want to share specific examples where you know people are abusing the system then go ahead but there are plenty of invisible conditions which may require DAS.

A youtube streamer who is a very longtime blogger might also have a friend who can share club 33 fastpass line privileges with them or some other legitimate way to access the fastpass line. Similar to how bloggers know folks who gift them a stay in a Poly bungalow so they can review it.

This doesn't seem like it's going to spark constructive criticism of the DAS system. I haven't been back since Covid but I doubt there's real significant abuse going on and the system does help those who need it.

If you want to share specific examples where you know people are abusing the system then go ahead but there are plenty of invisible conditions which may require DAS.

Exactly. Our adult son has non-verbal autism but he looks completely normal.

Agreed.

First I'm not sure this thread belongs in this sub-forum since it adds literally nothing to planning. And even in the proper sub-forum without giving actual examples of abuse ... what is the point?

DAS is a good system. It works for those who need it. Disney has addressed most issues folks have but there is a group where DAS is the only help, especially since FP+ is not operating.

How about we just let Disney worry about it?

I am someone who is exploring the use of a DAS for the first time for a newly diagnosed disorder, for our trip in February. Other than a giant scar on the bridge of my nose, no one would know from looking at me, that there is something wrong. Seeing reports of the abuse not only makes me sad, but worries me that it will be more difficult to get a DAS by the time we go. :worried:

“Typical”. Looks completely “typical” please.

You're right, I should know better after 25 years. Maybe the best choice of words would be 'you would never know he has serious challenges by his physical appearance.'
Anyway, he is so sweet and it breaks our heart that we haven't been able to take him to WDW since early March 2020. But we are returning this fall!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter