• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DAS pre-registration live chat: How long should I expect to wait?

I was on the chat wait at 7am..after about 30 minutes, I guess I got logged out. The chat window said "Go back to the previous page or log in to continue your conversation." However, after re-logging in, the chat window still has the same message (go back and log in), and the button to click to "request live video chat" is not there and instead there is a spinning circle in it's place. I've tried from two different computers, and have refreshed the page repeatedly now and it still has that spinning circle and no button to chat, and the chat window still says go back and log in despite me being logged in. Sometimes, when I refresh the page, the "request live video chat" button will appear again but it does not work...as if it isn't a link. I guess they are extra busy this morning?.....Update....after refreshing again in the original tab I had started in, I got the chat window to open only to find that a CM had come on 11 minutes earlier and had already waited 10 mins for me and left the chat. I waited another 25 minutes and then got logged out again and now, I'm back to the spinning circle again and the chat window saying to log in. Any advice on how not to get logged out? New update....I guess I must have clicked refresh too many times because now it won't even let me go to the MDE page. I get a mostly blank screen that says "Access denied. You don't have permission to access disneyworld.disney.go.com/plan on this server." Yikes! .....And, eventually, I was able to get back in, and then back into the chat, and then logged out again, and back to the spinning circle. I guess it's just a process of patience and luck. Last update...made it through at around 2pm. I had better luck reconnecting on my phone each time I was logged off, than on Chrome or IE on the laptop. I got logged out twice while chatting with the person who set up the preselected DAS rides, but she was there waiting when I got logged back in. Relieved to have that settled.

Last edited:
After completing the ride selections, my cm had me verify they were present in MDE, I quickly scrolled down and saw them (6 days worth) and we hung up. Later we noticed the April 5 ones said they expired April 4. Thats a weird glitch I thought and took a screen shot. Well, later they fixed Jungle Cruise but BTRR says it was temporarily unavailable during my return time, and now we have a Multiple Experiences MK redemption. Which I think we will use at BTRR. I guess when they went to correct the glitch the BTRR slots were gone for that time. Interesting.

I waited over six hours yesterday and was logged off by the system. I logged on today at 7 a.m. and got kicked out, just like the above poster. I'm waiting...but not hopeful. We leave tomorrow to be in the park Wednesday.

What is the process like at the park?

I logged on right at 7AM today and had a message at 7:20 saying I was next in line. Of course, right after that happened, I got logged out and the message said to login or return to the previous screen. I logged in and out 3 or 4 times and could not get the message to go away and the button to enter the chat was grayed out. I finally closed the entire Chrome window, opened a new one, logged back into my disney account, clicked on the now available request chat button, and my original chat window popped back up with the message that I was next in line. I had the request for a video chat by 7:28, my son's DAS pass was approved by 7:35, CM explained the process to us (since we are first time users) and answered a few questions, and then transferred us over to advance selections by 7:45. I waited about 5 minutes for the CM to be ready to accept our choices. I entered them (including alternates) and our time preferences. We got all of our first choices and at workable times. He had me verify in the MDE app. I thanked him and signed off by 8:00AM. I was pleasantly surprised by how well the whole process worked.

I was on the chat wait at 7am..after about 30 minutes, I guess I got logged out. The chat window said "Go back to the previous page or log in to continue your conversation." However, after re-logging in, the chat window still has the same message (go back and log in), and the button to click to "request live video chat" is not there and instead there is a spinning circle in it's place. I've tried from two different computers, and have refreshed the page repeatedly now and it still has that spinning circle and no button to chat, and the chat window still says go back and log in despite me being logged in. Sometimes, when I refresh the page, the "request live video chat" button will appear again but it does not work...as if it isn't a link. I guess they are extra busy this morning?.....Update....after refreshing again in the original tab I had started in, I got the chat window to open only to find that a CM had come on 11 minutes earlier and had already waited 10 mins for me and left the chat. At least I'm back in the queue... Any advice on how not to get logged out?
I'm so sorry you experienced that. This was my fear when I realized I had been logged out almost immediately after being notified I was next in line. I refreshed multiple times, closed the window and logged in and out 3 or 4 times before it finally worked again, which was just in time for the CM to be ready for me. I really lucked out I guess.

I don't understand how we all logged in at 7 a.m. today and I'm still sitting here with NOTHING. :(

When I click the "request chat" button, I get a spinning blue circle. Is that right? Should I log out and in again?

When I click the "request chat" button, I get a spinning blue circle. Is that right? Should I log out and in again?
This is happening to me too. After refreshing the page a lot, the "Request live chat" button came back and worked again. But eventually I got logged out again and am back to the spinning circle now. See my post above.

I don't understand how we all logged in at 7 a.m. today and I'm still sitting here with NOTHING. :(
I honestly have no idea and I'm so sorry! When we ended the chat, we actually were quite relieved and were thinking that they must have worked all of the kinks out of the system. But I guess we were just really, really lucky.

Reactions: k8c
I think I'm about to give up. This is our first trip to Disney and the DAS pass would be a tremendous help. But, I didn't know I'd have to wait for hours and hours. It was over six hours yesterday and is nearly three today. I don't know if I'm getting bumped down the queue every time it sends that error message or what is happening. So disappointing.

Thanks for the info and support.

It is supposed to save your spot in the queue even if you get kicked out and have to log back in. I did find that to be the case for me, because just before I was kicked out, I was notified that I was next in line and when I logged back in, I still had that message that said I was next. And the CM messaged me just a few minutes later.

That being said, you can always register in person. I'm told that is quite easy. The only thing you lose out on is the ability to select the 2 rides in advance. And honestly, I don't think that is that big of a deal. So, if you can't get through today, don't bother again. Just register in person on your first park day.

What is the process like at the park?

You go to GR in side the parks wait in line ( I have never waited more then 15 minutes) and talk to the CM there. You can also go to guest experience umbrella and get one there

Hang in there my friends. 10:20am until 7:45pm to complete today on a Sunday. The chat will expire and ask you to go to the original screen. Its ok. Hit back and close out ( i know, its scary) but its ok. Your chat will pop back up.
Good luck!

Oh wow, Marathon day. Started the queue at 7:45am PST Just finished the process at 5:30pm PST so close to 10 hours! :P The cast members were lovely and we got all our advance DAS bookings we asked for except one. Just to note: all day every 30 minutes it would log us out and we would have to try and get back in. The cast member who did our DAS said that it is a security measure as your credit card info etc is associated with your MDE account. If you simply log back in everything is still active. It can even happen in the middle of the chat and you just log back in and they are still there. After 10 minutes, if they have messaged and you have not replied, they assume you are gone. Hang tight everyone!! I wanted to share our experience to give hope! :) Editing to add: we were give 2 Advanced reservations per park day so 2 x 8 for us - excluded is what they call the top two rides per park eg: Rise of the resistance etc.

Last edited:
I wanted to add another datapoint. Thanks to the person in this thread who suggested treating it like boarding passes or dining reservations, I refreshed right at 7 and was in the first chat in 2 minutes. We had the picture taken by 7:15, and all rides confirmed for a 5 day trip by 7:30. The only preference I couldn't get was time of day, we got all the rides we asked for, just one was later in the day than I'd hoped for, but still before dinner, so it'll be all good!

Only thing is the sign-in again thing hit me after 20 minutes, not 30, so I had a few panicked minutes trying to get the chat back. Turns out I had another tab open to go.disney and the chat moved itself there when I logged back in. If you can't get back to the chat even after logging back in, make sure to close all your other tabs.

This may have been answered before but is there a sound, a beep or a ding or something to let you know that the cast member is on.?

I am currently waiting right now as my trip is in two days. I've been trying but geez this is tough.

Edited now that I've talked to a CM.

I got in the que at 4am today (Pacific) and a CM came in the chat at 5:03. That part was super quick, I asked her if I could just tell her the medical condition and she said yes. We didn't have to go through more questions after that. She took my picture and moved me over to a new CM who helped me pick out rides. It was all over by 530.

There were no notification sounds when the chat started or during, my screen didn't even light up when she started talking. I was checking every few minutes to see if someone was there as my trip is in 2 days. I've been trying to chat for a while now. Yesterday for example, I got in the chat at 625, a CM came in at 1239 but I was in a class.

I wish I would have done this at 30 days out instead, some rides were already gone and some had limited times.

All in all if you can get in and wait it was a great experience.

Last edited:
I tried twice this week from 430 until I was told they were closing the que for the evening. Today I got on at 930 and got through at 1230. Our trip is next week, so we didn't get all our hopes but are happy.

No sound to let me now. That would be life changing.
Every 30 minutes you have to refresh and log back in. It's a pain. Your spot is held though.
From my little bit of research, early morning is the most likely to luck out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter