• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DAS Pre-Registration Walk Through

cdoc29

Cruising with the Crazies
Just finished the DAS pre-registration. It was a hassle to eventually get connected but once we did the process was a breeze. Here were the steps I took to to be successful

1. Go through the website https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/disability-access-service/register/
2. First click on terms and conditions after you are signed in. Read the terms and click I agree and submit
3. at 0900 hrs click on Request Live Video Chat (this will minimize your wait)
4. Answer a few automated questions
5. the first person will verify you have submitted the terms agreement and then pass you off to another
6. the second person is who you will do the live video chat
7. Make sure the person who you are registering is there after a few simple questions they will take their picture through video chat
8. You can then make two selections per day, As we are 6 days out from our trip selections were limited but we were able to make them

A couple of things I learned
• Don't try through the mobile site
• Don't try calling, after being on hold for two hours the person just said you have to go through the website
• Don't bother emailing you will only get an automatic response saying they are researching your issue and if you need help in the next two weeks to call (see above)
• Make sure you camera and microphone on whatever device are working
• Make sure you stay logged in, if you get a message that says you need to re-log while you are waiting best advice is close out the window, open an new browser in a private window and log in. this will bring you right back into chat without any browser history interfering.

Having used DAS every trip I am glad we can pre-register instead of waiting in line first day at city hall though it was not an easy task to accomplish.

Just to add, some people have also noted issues if they have an adblocker on or use a VPN (some people have them because they work from home and it is required by their company)

So make sure those two things are off too

I thought this was for DL, yet the website info above says Disneyworld. Is this done thru the WDW site and also applicable for DL? We were at WDW a couple of weeks ago, and I was approved for DAS there. Will that work for DL?

Just to add our experience here too-
Went on my computer (chrome browser) today around 9:30 am Pacific time, pretty immediately was connected to the chat person who asked 4 questions then put me in video chat line
Video chat line was a little confusing because it does make you wonder if you are still connected but after 7 mins it said please keep waiting so I was still connected. The wait for video chat was about 30-40 mins, so not nearly as bad as I’ve heard (hours or all day). We did get the please reconnect thing in the chat part way through- Disney must log you out after a time. I opened a new window, logged in, then refreshed my screen chat was on and all seemed well again.
Connecting to video chat was easy and I was a bit anxious about getting the DAS because while we do qualify I haven’t gone through the process before and wasn’t sure what was needed or what info they wanted. The CM we chatted with was SO nice and included my son (who the DAS is for) in the conversation and even asked him what rides he wanted for his advanced choices, which my son appreciated. It took just a few mins once we connected to video chat to explain what we needed and why, for the CM to explain what they could do to accommodate and how it worked and pick the 2 advance windows for our trip.
Overall this was VERY easy and pleasant and while it was a bit of a wait, I have no doubt city hall would have been longer so no complaints here since we didn’t lose park time waiting at home. If you are 2-30 days from your last park day I would recommend doing the advanced DAS.

to the OP thank you for the walk through- if I had seen the re log in on the chat without this I would have been thinking I missed my spot in line but since I knew to expect it, it was no biggie!

Easy to do. The computer on their side for loading times was slow. Felt like being at the umbrellas watching the white screen error virtually! Patience gets you through it and great to have 2 selections per day ahead.

I just did my pre-registration this evening about 9PM central time and had minimal wait. It took about 30 minutes from clicking the link to get started to closing out the video call.

As soon as 2 days to 30 days out.

I did this today , started chat around 12:10pm PST , got in video chat done by 12:45pm.

They asked me a few questions and just had to wait for the video chat , the cast member was very helpful. I got my 2 advance reservations made for this Friday and they offered to make them for another trip at the end of January but said I could do it closer to my trip.

If we pick out two early selections for our arrival day and are late, does it matter?

Also, do you make two advance selections per day or per trip?

If we pick out two early selections for our arrival day and are late, does it matter?

Also, do you make two advance selections per day or per trip?
2 per day.
It’s my understanding that you have a 1 hour window for the pre selections that you must arrive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter