DAS preregistration question

scottibb

Earning My Ears
My screen has looked like this for 2 hours. That is normal, right? It just means there is a long line? Or am I not doing it right?

1708468488591.png

You might want to refresh the screen about every 30 minutes to make sure you don’t miss the CM coming on the chat.

My screen has looked like this for 2 hours. That is normal, right? It just means there is a long line? Or am I not doing it right?

View attachment 835595
If you are seeing the spinning, you are not actually connected. It is trying to connect, but not working.
some things to check -
- are you signed into your Disney account?
- did you accept the Terms and Conditions?
- is your browser set to block Popup windows? If so, reset it to allow Popups
- sometimes works to clear the cache and restart your device
- sometimes works to change browsers

once you are actually in the queue, you will see a text chat with a welcome message. You will be waiting in the text chat until the CM gets to you.

Also, you don’t have to be glued to your computer you can pick up the chat on your phone with MDE.

View attachment 835599
That would only work AFTER the chat has started. Is that what you are saying?

Thanks. I know you can't start the DAS chat from the Chat link on the app.
What happens when the CM sends the video link?
The chats are mirrored so once a person starts chatting you go back to the computer that has a camera. Sometimes you have to type “hello” or something for the chat to refresh. Just keep the app chat going until you see it on the computer as the link will not work on the phone.

I still generally use the computer as it is easier to see but I take my phone with me when I’m flipping laundry or prepping meals. Knowing that the link won’t work on the phone I do it on days when I’m not running out of the house errands and of course DS has to be present for the photo.

I find the Chat feature for DAS (though designed to be helpful) is insanely unstable and extremely stressful to connect…..or better yet….to STAY connected. It should have been corrected the day it was released. It’s obvious to everyone that there HAS to be a better, smoother, correct way to connect via tech. And I am not greatly tech knowledgeable but I do know it’s ridiculous

I find the Chat feature for DAS (though designed to be helpful) is insanely unstable and extremely stressful to connect…..or better yet….to STAY connected. It should have been corrected the day it was released. It’s obvious to everyone that there HAS to be a better, smoother, correct way to connect via tech. And I am not greatly tech knowledgeable but I do know it’s ridiculous
I absolutely agree. That is why I do the “hello” every so often to keep it alive.

I could not imagine DS being able to pre-register himself with the way things work.

Does anyone know if we can continue to register for the DAS holder after they are 18?

If not we will be doing more stops at guest services.

If you are seeing the spinning, you are not actually connected. It is trying to connect, but not working.
some things to check -
- are you signed into your Disney account?
- did you accept the Terms and Conditions?
- is your browser set to block Popup windows? If so, reset it to allow Popups
- sometimes works to clear the cache and restart your device
- sometimes works to change browsers

once you are actually in the queue, you will see a text chat with a welcome message. You will be waiting in the text chat until the CM gets to you.

That would only work AFTER the chat has started. Is that what you are saying?
Yes-this is the problem. I have not gotten this far. Yes I am signed in and yes terms and conditions and yes cleared cache. Now I will work on the popups. Thank you!

Yes-this is the problem. I have not gotten this far. Yes I am signed in and yes terms and conditions and yes cleared cache. Now I will work on the popups. Thank you!
try doing an incognito or private window instead of having to deal with the cookies and popup settings.

I talked to DAS on the phone and after doing all the things, clearing cookies, allowing pop ups, changing browsers, changing computers, turning on camera, etc-they say that the line is too full to open the chat box and I should just keep refreshing trying to connect. This is very frustrating that I can't even get it to connect to then wait. And since I'm not connected there is no way to know if I'm even doing it right.

It won't let me get to this screen :(. I will keep trying
1708535833663.png

You can only get to the MDE chat once the chat has started on the computer.
You can access at any time after you started clicking yes answering questions and accepting the terms on the computer

View attachment 835595

When my screen looked like this it never ended up loading and I had to use a different browser (I am working with an older MacBook Air). First it stopped working with Safari so I started using Firefox, then after about a year it stopped working with Firefox (and FF, too, gave me the swirly "loading" thing you showed above) so I switched to Chrome...it worked for that last month...so it could be that you have outdated web browsers like me....

I absolutely agree. That is why I do the “hello” every so often to keep it alive.

I could not imagine DS being able to pre-register himself with the way things work.

Does anyone know if we can continue to register for the DAS holder after they are 18?

If not we will be doing more stops at guest services.
You can still register for your child's DAS after they are 18. My daughter is 26 and I have had no trouble. She is nonverbal and developmentally 3 y.o. so she wouldn't be able to do it herself at all.

You can still register for your child's DAS after they are 18. My daughter is 26 and I have had no trouble. She is nonverbal and developmentally 3 y.o. so she wouldn't be able to do it herself at all.
Thanks that is great news. We still have a few years to go but it is nice that it an option at the moment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter