• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DAS Questions

ClaraOswald

DIS Veteran
We used DAS in 2018 but I'm not sure if/how things might be different now.

I know we can get the pass 30 days in advance. Has anyone here done that? What was the process like? What kinds of questions do they ask? I'm a little nervous because my son HATES video chats (virtual school was a no-go, for example and I had to homeschool.) How long did the whole process take? If it doesn't go well, I assume we can still talk to someone when we get there about getting the pass?

When using the pass in the parks, can we just go onto the app to pick return times instead of actually going to the rides or kiosks to ask?

Thanks! We don't go until June but I'm trying to get everything figured out now that the park experience seems like it will be much different.

I just used DAS this weekend with my niece. I did a video chat last Tuesday. I waited on hold for about 90 minutes before someone came on the chat. They asked me what kind of accommodation she needed. Then they the lady asked to talk to my niece and just basically needed to see her, because all she asked was how she was doing, then she told her that her hair was pretty! We got the pass and they schedule two freebie passes a day for you.

Once we got to the parks, as soon as we were scanned in, I was able to go on the app and make a return time. You can only do one at a time, but it's all done on the app. It was super easy.

You can still go to City Hall to set up the DAS if you don't want to do it online,. You can also go to kiosks for return times, but honestly it was so great just doing it myself in the app.

If you have any other questions, I would be glad to try and help!

90 minute wait...yikes. Good to know.

Doing everything on the app sounds like a dream! It was kind of a pain to run all over trying to schedule things we weren't necessarily nearby.

Doing everything on the app sounds like a dream! It was kind of a pain to run all over trying to schedule things we weren't necessarily nearby.

Using the app was the best! And yes, 90 minutes wasn't ideal, but i just left the chat open and kept checking it until someone answered. My friend was on hold longer than that doing one for her son.

DW people have been waiting on hold 6 hours or more, to put it in perspective!
We are really looking forward to using the app as well. We just bought maxpass instead and only used DAS for Peter Pan. The kids simply couldn’t wait in the DAS line to get return times. 🤣

Last edited:
We registered for DAS online a few days before our trip at the end of January. I started the chat right a 9 am when they opened on a Saturday and was completely done in under 40 minutes. It took maybe 15 minutes for the initial chat to start and only a few minutes after that to have the video person on.

I did all the talking in a separate room from my son and then only brought him on to take his photo. She did not ask him any direct questions. It was nice because he has been uncomfortable waiting and then hearing me talk about him when we did it in person at the park.

Booking the return times on the app was so, so much better than going to the guest service umbrellas, which I often had a hard time finding. The only thing I didn't enjoy was how much I was on my phone all day. But still so convenient!

I called about an hour before they closed and waited about 20 minutes. We used DAS last fall and I’m not sure if they were able to look up, but my child wasn’t even asked any questions. We were at 30 days out and there weren’t a lot of time options for the advance return times, usually 10, 12, 5 depending on the ride.

I signed on last Sun EXACTLY at 7 am EST and was chatting within 3 minutes. Whole process was ~60 mins. Have ur MDE open in another tab and logged in. Interaction with my daughter was fine and a quick pic. Be prepared for selecting ur Advanced passes; that’s what takes the time. Make sure you’ve made park ressies before call. Good luck.

I agree on getting online right when they open on Sunday! For WDW I joined at 7am EST on Sunday but I think for DL it was 9am PST, check their hours and go click to chat right when they open. Be sure to login to your account and review and accept the Terms & Conditions before they open so you can click the Chat button as soon as it pops up. Click yes in the chat and type something so it starts the queue wait for you. Both times I tried first thing on Sunday morning I was done in under 30 mins. I had waited for over 6 hours multiple times for WDW when they rolled it out initially this was substantially less in my experience.

I agree on getting online right when they open on Sunday! For WDW I joined at 7am EST on Sunday but I think for DL it was 9am PST, check their hours and go click to chat right when they open. Be sure to login to your account and review and accept the Terms & Conditions before they open so you can click the Chat button as soon as it pops up. Click yes in the chat and type something so it starts the queue wait for you. Both times I tried first thing on Sunday morning I was done in under 30 mins. I had waited for over 6 hours multiple times for WDW when they rolled it out initially this was substantially less in my experience.
Those additional points about accepting Terms and entering Chat are key too. Thx

I originally posted this in the disabilities forum:

I thought I'd share my experience with the Disneyland DAS Video Chat today, Feb 7th.

I logged in, accepted the Terms & Conditions and connected to the chat at 6:30pm.

I was immediately asked if my dates were within the 2-30 day window and my starting park date. I was then put in the queue to chat with a CM.

I connected with a CM on chat about a minute later. She verified that all members of my party had park tickets and reservations linked to my account. She then verified that the DAS guest (me) was present and asked if I was ready for the video chat. Once I confirmed, I was put in the queue for the video chat.

I was only logged out once while waiting, so I logged back in and wrote something in the app to verify I was still connected.

At 7:15pm, a CM came on the chat and verified my information. He then connected the video chat. It only took a couple of minutes to verify everyone I wanted to include in my DAS party and explain why I needed DAS. The CM then went over the rules of the program and verified I knew how to use DAS in the app, which I had already used in December.

The CM then asked if I had any questions. I was able to verify that the DAS expires 60 days from the date of the call, so April 7th in my case. He also confirmed that any DAS Advance Selections would automatically convert to Multiple Experience passes if the ride was down during my time window.

While we were still on the Video Chat, he went ahead and booked my DAS Advance Selections for each day. I was given 3 specific times to choose from: morning, afternoon and evening for each ride, when available. Once each ride was booked, it immediately appeared in the app under Future Plans. I was glad we did the Advance Selections on the video chat, because it was so much faster to verbally go through each selection rather than having to type everything out. I wrapped up the video chat at 7:25pm.

The one thing I haven't seen mentioned is they're allowing you to book your first DAS Advance Selection in your starting park tied to your park reservation. However, the second DAS Advance Selection can be from either park if you're park hopping.

I'm so glad I did the Video Chat. I was so surprised to be connected in 45 minutes and done 10 minutes later, especially during the busier evening hours. It's also one less line to deal with when I get to the parks, so I can just immediately start booking rides in the app.

I hope you don’t mind me tacking on to your question.

DD is the one who qualifies for the DAS. She will be 18 at the time of the trip. Can we do the advanced interview logged into my account or do I have link our information to her account since she’s an adult? We won’t have access to our tickets until 5 days before, so can’t just link those.

So....you can pick 2 ride returns for each day of your trip?

And then once we're in the park...when can we pick more ride selections? Does it have to be AFTER those advanced booking ones?

What if our plans change and we end up taking a break back at the hotel during one of those advanced booked returns?

Also - I've been reading some people's posts on social media about having to wait in various park queues for really long amounts of time (45 minutes) because the lines are merging with Lightning Lanes.

So....you can pick 2 ride returns for each day of your trip?

And then once we're in the park...when can we pick more ride selections? Does it have to be AFTER those advanced booking ones?

What if our plans change and we end up taking a break back at the hotel during one of those advanced booked returns?
If you do the advance registration you can prebook two rides per day for your trip (from a certain list, basically you can choose rides that have Lightning Lanes). These are completely separate from the rides you book in the park. The prebooked rides have an hour window for when you can ride. If you don't ride them there is no penalty and you can always ride a different time using regular DAS selections in the park.

Once you scan into the park you can begin making regular DAS selections. You book one at a time using the app. You'll be given the time you can ride. Once that time arrives you'll see a Redeem button that will bring up the code you can use to scan into the ride. The DAS holder needs to scan first. As soon as you are scanned in, you can immediately book your next DAS.

If book a DAS and then decide you don't want to ride, you can cancel it. Then you are immediately able to book your next DAS.

Also - I've been reading some people's posts on social media about having to wait in various park queues for really long amounts of time (45 minutes) because the lines are merging with Lightning Lanes.

This can sometimes be true for rides that use Lighting Lane. DAS does enter through the LL and if there is a long wait in that lane you wait along with everyone else. On our trip at the end of January we generally waited less than 10 minutes. Exceptions were Indiana Jones where the LL and stand by lanes merger fairly early in the queue (waited 20 minutes) and when rides broke down.

You can always leave the queue if things look like a long wait and try the ride later. There are also many rides that don't use the Lighting Lane where you enter through the exit with minimal waits (e.g. all of Fantasyland).

Does anyone know if i can add members to my party after registering for DAS? We may be meeting up with someone when we're out there but they don't have tickets yet.

Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter