• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DAS Questions

OK, so my ticket is on my daughters account. Does she have to be with me when I do the video chat? Or can I log in on her account and still get my DAS? She is an adult and lives 2 hours from me, so I'll have to plan my timing if she has to be there too.

The DAS requester/holder has to be present to have your picture taken. But I would think that as long as all of the tickets are linked to the account you are using and you are requesting a DAS for yourself, you wouldn't need her present.

piggybacking with another question: how do they handle DAS returns at rides without lightning lanes (fantasyland, etc?).

You typically go to the exit and they scan you pass there. You can always ask the CM at the entrance and they will tell you. The Jungle Cruise required you to go to “boat house” to scan, get a ticket and then go to exit.
thanks!

Reviving this thread with a new Q... I'm assisting our DAS user getting everything lined up for online registration next week. We have valid tickets and park reservations. Everyone in the party has their ticket linked to their own account. All tickets are also linked to the DAS user's account. Do I need to link everyone's tickets to all the accounts for registration? How about for booking DAS times? At WDW I was able to do the booking for our DAS user throughout the day on my own account and I'm hoping I can do that again at Disneyland.

Pre-booked rides... Are the times set at 10, noon and 5pm or is more like morning slots start around 10am, afternoon start at noon, evening start at 5pm?

Last edited:
Reviving this thread with a new Q... I'm assisting our DAS user getting everything lined up for online registration next week. We have valid tickets and park reservations. Everyone in the party has their ticket linked to their own account. All tickets are also linked to the DAS user's account. Do I need to link everyone's tickets to all the accounts for registration? How about for booking DAS times? At WDW I was able to do the booking for our DAS user throughout the day on my own account and I'm hoping I can do that again at Disneyland.

Pre-booked rides... Are the times set at 10, noon and 5pm or is more like morning slots start around 10am, afternoon start at noon, evening start at 5pm?

The DAS is linked to the tickets, not the account. While you’ll need them all linked to one account for online registration, you should be able to get return times using any account the DAS is on. I bet @DLgal has the answer.

We had DAS return times at 9 am (park opening), 10:30, 2 pm, and 5 pm across different days. The earlier you call in your 30 day window the more availability there will likely be. We did it only 2 days before the end our window and things were pretty limited.

So, I will try and clear this up for you.

When the DAS person is granted the DAS, it will be linked to that person's ticket. You will be asked who else will be on the DAS, so having everyone linked in the DAS person's Disneyland account is a good idea. You will need all those ticket numbers to add them to the DAS.

If YOU want to be able to make/manage the DAS reservations, YOU need everyone's tickets linked in your app. You will be able to request DAS return times. People who ONLY have their own ticket will NOT be able to book DAS or make any changes (cancel, etc). The DAS holder will also have that ability in their app.

Now, is the DAS holder even going to use the app? If not, they don't actually need their own Disneyland account, they can just be linked under yours. In our family, our DAS user is my 16 year old son. He has the Disneyland app installed on his phone, but he logs in with my credentials. All the family tickets are linked under my account as well as my husband. The kids don't have their own Disney accounts. Just wanted to make sure you knew that the DAS holder doesn't actually need to have their own account.

So, I will try and clear this up for you.

When the DAS person is granted the DAS, it will be linked to that person's ticket. You will be asked who else will be on the DAS, so having everyone linked in the DAS person's Disneyland account is a good idea. You will need all those ticket numbers to add them to the DAS.

If YOU want to be able to make/manage the DAS reservations, YOU need everyone's tickets linked in your app. You will be able to request DAS return times. People who ONLY have their own ticket will NOT be able to book DAS or make any changes (cancel, etc). The DAS holder will also have that ability in their app.

Now, is the DAS holder even going to use the app? If not, they don't actually need their own Disneyland account, they can just be linked under yours. In our family, our DAS user is my 16 year old son. He has the Disneyland app installed on his phone, but he logs in with my credentials. All the family tickets are linked under my account as well as my husband. The kids don't have their own Disney accounts. Just wanted to make sure you knew that the DAS holder doesn't actually need to have their own account.
Ah! Thank you, that helps!

In my case the DAS holder is an adult but trying to make reservations is going to be too stressful for him. I’ll make sure all tickets are linked to my account as I tend to be manager and if we split I’ll make sure someone either has access to one of our accounts or make sure they link tickets to theirs before they venturing off with him.

My experience was your 2nd scenario: morning slots start around 10am, afternoon start at noon, evening start at 5pm.

I mostly selected morning or afternoon slots anywhere from 10a-3p, since I was concerned about ride breakdowns. This turned out to be a good choice for me, since about 50% of my Advance Selections converted to ME passes when the rides broke down. Some didn't convert until my ride window, but in a couple of instances it converted 1.5hrs earlier and couldn't be used until the start of my original ride window.

So do I have to use the 2 per day that I reserve 30 days in advance FIRST before i can book anymore return times in the park?

This can sometimes be true for rides that use Lighting Lane. DAS does enter through the LL and if there is a long wait in that lane you wait along with everyone else. On our trip at the end of January we generally waited less than 10 minutes. Exceptions were Indiana Jones where the LL and stand by lanes merger fairly early in the queue (waited 20 minutes) and when rides broke down.

You can always leave the queue if things look like a long wait and try the ride later. There are also many rides that don't use the Lighting Lane where you enter through the exit with minimal waits (e.g. all of Fantasyland).
Are all the DAS entrances for the Fantasyland rides at the exits since they don’t have LLs?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter