• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DAS users, do you feel you still need the DAS right now?

DisSurfer878

DIS Veteran
We had our July trip cancelled and are looking at rebooking before this summer. I'm just curious if those of you who have been in recent months feel that w/o FP+ and the reduced crowds, are the regular waits so quick that you haven't felt you needed DAS as much? Or is it the opposite? Just trying to gauge whether or not to plan for it on our "potential" trip...

If you are using the DA S as it is meant to be used - for guests who cannot wait in the traditional lines for various reasons, then yes you will want to request one. There are still lines and some can be long

If the wait isn't long the cast members may not issue a return time for that ride.

Just because you request access to the DAS at Guest Services up front at the gates, doesn't mean that you are required to use it throughout your trip.

It's worth the few moments at GS that it will take to put on your MB/access card for the day : that will give you more flexibility in your planning.

yes according to live trip reports, some rides are having waits of 1 + hours

Not a DAS person, but I was just there last week. Some rides were walk ons, but especially in the middle of the day, there definitely were rides that were hour plus waits. Most of the week was very doable with only a few rides that we waited a long time for, but for whatever reason our Tuesday MK day was just painfully crowded and full of lines all day. I would plan on making sure you had DAS set up to use.

Definitely used it a lot less. There were many lines that were under the 20 minute mark(which is about my limit). The wait times also seemed to go up and down depending on where the "traffic" was. For example, earlier in the day Spaceship Earth was super busy, but by mid afternoon, it was walk on. The same thing happened at MK.

We likewise did not need it for some rides, but definitely needed it for certain rides when we were there in September. One word of caution: if the posted wait time is inflated, as I understand has been the case since reopening, you may find yourself waiting significantly longer for a return time than if you had just gotten in line. It was still worth it for us in many cases, but I started paying more attention to just how fast the line was moving before deciding, rather than just the posted wait time. We did notice that there were more lines than normal that just let us go right in, despite long wait times. Haunted Mansion in particular did it twice for us, as well as SDMT and one or two others. I wondered if that was because the CM knew the posted wait time was inaccurate.

When we were there in August, we noticed that a lot more times, the didn’t issue a return time and just waved us on in, and crowds were low enough that I didn’t need it at as many rides. For example, the queue for FOP was 10-15 minutes so we went through the regular line and it was first time I’d ever seen the whole queue since fastpass lines keep you out of a lot of it. It never hurts to have, even if you choose not to use it. Kind of better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it and have to stop your day and go get one.

It was hit or miss....I could not believe that the Wednesday before Christmas, in the evening, Soarin' was a walk on, 5 minute wait time. But in the middle of the day, many rides had hour long waits, especially at Hollywood Studios

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter