Date for the Castle Re-opening - May 28th

friedela

DIS Veteran
The DL park hours is showing the Castle being open again on May 28th. Just thought people would want to know! I am super sad about it, this is our first and probably only time going and I'm bummed we won't get that family shot with the Castle in the background. Boo. :(

I try to be optimistic about it, everyone has “that photo” from Disneyland but you’ll have other, more fun photos! Take a photo with the fam on a Main St Vehicle (love the fire engine for that) or with the Train in the background or with Small World as the background (ours is infinitely more beautiful than WDW’s being outdoors with the train running through it) or on the Mark Twain with the waterfalls as the background! Possibilities: endless

The DL park hours is showing the Castle being open again on May 28th. Just thought people would want to know! I am super sad about it, this is our first and probably only time going and I'm bummed we won't get that family shot with the Castle in the background. Boo. :(

Same for us. First and probably last DL trip May 5-12th and we will being see the "Scrim" castle. Oh well.

I try to be optimistic about it, everyone has “that photo” from Disneyland but you’ll have other, more fun photos! Take a photo with the fam on a Main St Vehicle (love the fire engine for that) or with the Train in the background or with Small World as the background (ours is infinitely more beautiful than WDW’s being outdoors with the train running through it) or on the Mark Twain with the waterfalls as the background! Possibilities: endless

Of course it's true, there are other photo ops but my favourite shot of my kids at DW was them looking over the moat at the Castle, it totally captured the magic of our trip. The Castle is iconic, so it's a bummer for sure. I know we will still have an amazing trip and I am still super pumped to go, but still a bit sad about it :(

I’m sad to not see the castle on our trip, but the silver lining is that people won’t be coming that week to see it reopened, so hopefully lower crowds.

I feel ya. Our first visit is May 20. We're closer to WDW but love California so I would imagine we'll visit again at some point. We were at Magic Kingdom last year and thinking about it the whole experience was more than the castle. I keep thinking about that. It'll still be a great time :)

Thanks for reporting on the date. I am sorry that you’ll miss it - there are indeed many great photo spots at Disneyland, but it’s understandable to be disappointed to miss the castle.

I can empathize, we’ll be in Paris next week, and we were supposed to be at Notre Dame on Tuesday! We’re also heading to DL Paris and Phantom Manor got delayed until May 3, so we’re missing it by a week!

Thanks for reporting on the date. I am sorry that you’ll miss it - there are indeed many great photo spots at Disneyland, but it’s understandable to be disappointed to miss the castle.

I can empathize, we’ll be in Paris next week, and we were supposed to be at Notre Dame on Tuesday! We’re also heading to DL Paris and Phantom Manor got delayed until May 3, so we’re missing it by a week!

Oh no! That's super sad as well. I'm sorry!

If the Maleficent is still up get a picture of that. It isn't the castle, but what a cool once in a lifetime shot.

Have a great time. I hope nothing else gets closed.

While it is a disappointment, don't let things just end there. Think of it as a reason to plan another trip. It may not happen for a very long time, but that doesn't mean it will never, ever happen. Maybe you'll still get that iconic shot someday with your grandchildren! We've had so many posters announce before their trips that it would be a one-and-done, never again. And then they come back... You just never know. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter