• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Date Night @ MK in December

thejason

Earning My Ears
My boyfriend has never been to the Magic Kingdom and we are taking a trip down there to spend the day @ Magic Kingdom in December. Any cute, romantic tips or must dos while we are there?

I think riding the Peoplemover in the dark can be romantic, especially if you can get a car alone. Eating at Be our Guest or Tony's Town Square. Taking the monorail to the Floridian and having a drink at Mizners and listening to the band play. They might even play something for you for a tip.

That's what I can think of off the top of my head. Have fun!

Ric

Perhaps a bit obvious, but watching Wishes is always romantic! The music and narration, along with the fantastic fireworks is always special for us :)

Have a great time whatever you decide to do!

I think the California Grill at the Contemporary during the evening during Wishes is also very romantic - in fact I saw a male couple holding hands and enjoying the ambiance on my last trip there. It definitely sets the mood.

Most romantic and elegant of all, if you guys want to get really dressed up and don't mind spending a few (hundred bucks) is Victoria and Albert's at the Grand Floridian - they even have a person playing a harp there and it's very intimate - you can ask for the Queen Victoria Room - only 4 table settings in there and there's even a chance you could have the room to yourself - I did once.

Basically, any of the signature restaurants at the resorts will offer you a lovely romantic dinner evening. In general, for a more quiet dinner, stick to a resort restaurant (but not a buffet). The theme park restaurants are usually more boisterous and noisy. Not that that stops one from having a perfectly great time, but if it's romance you want, the resorts' dining experience is superior.

For a more casual and fun meal that can be kind of silly romantic, you could try the Sci-Fi Dine-in at Hollywood Studios as the theme is a drive-in movie theater and you get to sit in a car in like a simulated outdoor arena with a movie screen in front of you where you watch old B-movie horror clips like Plan 9 From Outer Space. However, you will probably have to share a car, as they have multiple rows, so that's something to consider as well, if you're looking for more privacy during the meal.

I love all of these ideas! I always get romantically wistful at night. Night is just magical everywhere at the resort. I second the fireworks and TTA. You might be able to enjoy an intimate Jungle Cruise at night too, especially if you enjoy corny jokes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter