Date Night! Need your opinion

Which ADR should we choose?

• Total voters

Disnerd6838

Mouseketeer
Hi all!
So my wife and I are heading down this August with our one year old and in-laws. We’ve set up one night where the wife and I will be out alone for a date night! We need your help! We’ve narrowed down our dining options to either Space 220 or Le Cellier.

We’ve never been to Space 220. We’ve been to Le Cellier once but actually only ordered apps because we went overboard eating around world showcase all day! Where do ya’ll think we should head?

Thanks!!

We only get apps at Le Cellier - poutine, cheddar soup, charcuterie and the mac n cheese. Makes for the perfect meal!

I have not gone to Space, but I was disappointed when I did a date night at Le Cellier. That place is packed and the tables are very close together. I don't know the ambiance at Space, but I would not do a date night at Le Cellier again

I’m ambivalent. Le Cellier is dark and romantic (but the tables are too close together). Space 220 is fun, different, and we enjoyed the food. If you’ll be eating around WS again, try for an ADR for Space 220 Lounge, not Restaurant, so you could choose drinks and apps vs. prix fixe dinner.

If those are the only choices, LeCellier - only because my child is all over the place and that place is too cramped for him to dine in without completely ruining someone else's meal so we never go there. I swear, I could have shared a napkin with the lady at the table next to me last time we dined there. I think the table settings are further away at Space 220, but have never been (no interest).

Neither are places I'd choose if I had a kid free night out, honestly.

I vote for Space 220 only because you haven't been yet. Otherwise, like PPs, I would pick a totally different restaurant otherwise.

I wouldn't pick either of those for a date night. Neither is really a romantic location. Some think that Le Cellier is because it's dark. But the tables are so close together that you are basically a part of the conversation at the tables next to you.

We like Toledo (top the the tower are CSR) a great place for date night. Good food and a great view over the parks.

I’d vote for off property too. If you’re around Epcot, Il Mulino is a 10 minute walk, or a nice boat ride and is a more romantic place to eat. Space 220 is cool for the first 5 minutes, and while my wife and I enjoyed it, I wouldn’t take her there on date night.

Fwiw our favorite date night restaurant is Flying Fish Cafe- just a short walk from Epcot on the boardwalk. But if I had to choose either Space 220 or Le Cellier I’d choose Le Cellier. Enjoy !!

The tables are further apart at Space 220 than Le Cellier. The lighting is dim and the noise level is low but I'm not sure if I would call it romantic (maybe for Han and Leia?). But if you were able to score a reservation and want to try it out, it could work. For something more romantic, I would suggest for Citricos for a date night dinner: good food and a relatively easy reservation.

Fwiw our favorite date night restaurant is Flying Fish Cafe- just a short walk from Epcot on the boardwalk. But if I had to choose either Space 220 or Le Cellier I’d choose Le Cellier. Enjoy !!
I also agree with Flying Fish. You can walk to to it from the World Showcase. It has a wonderful atmosphere and the food is good too. Afterwards you can stop and have a drink at Abracadbar which is connected to the restaurant.

I haven't been to 220, but doesn't feel like a date night kind of place. I could be wrong. It's been a while since we've been to Le Cellier, but I have enjoyed the food and ambiance (though the tables are kinda close). I'd also like to recommend Abracadabar, followed by Flying Fish. After that, head to Jellyrolls for a few drinks and entertainment. This is date night material to me...

I agree with the others that neither would be my choice. We have enjoyed the food at Le Cellier but the way you are packed in on top of other tables does not make for a romantic date night experience. We haven't eaten at Space 220, but it doesn't give off date night vibes to me. It's going to be filled with families that want to go to "space".

If you want to stay in the Epcot area, I'd recommend Topolino's at the Riviera, Flying Fish at the Boardwalk or Il Mulino at the Dolphin. While you'll see kids there, those three are definitely more adult focussed in atmosphere and menus and all have great food and service.

There is also Disney Springs which has lots of great options for a date night: Wine Bar George, Jaleo, Boathouse, Raglan Road, Homecomin' (not necessarily romantic, but I just love the food :)) , etc.

While my first choice would be dining at an Epcot adjacent resort, I would pick Space 220 over Le Cellier. I've never dined there, but it's on my list for whenever we get to go back. I've seen mixed reviews on the food, but it looks like a cool experience that's worth trying at least once. As for Le Cellier, we've eaten there several times and we've had several mediocre to poor experiences. You may wonder why we keep going back, but my steak lover husband always seems to have amnesia when it comes to trip planning and suggests we go back to that steak place in Canada. You'd think he'd remember our great meals at nearby Yachtsman, but each time, he says Canada 🤣

I do think Space 220 is good for a date night. It's quiet, tables aren't on top of each other, and it's elevated food. I hated Le Cellier because we were on top of each other. But I also think I might be someplace else before either of those.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter