Date night reccommendations

Ashwen730

Earning My Ears
We are currently planning a trip for early next year! My mother-in-law has decided she wants to pay for the deluxe dining plan for the whole family (woo-hoo!). I want to surprise my husband with a date night at a signature restaurant one night. He is a big steak lover. Where should we go for the best steak at Disney (on the DxDDP)?!

Last edited:
We are currently planning a trip for early next year! My mother-in-law has decided she wants to pay for the deluxe dining plan for the whole family (woo-hoo!). I want to surprise my husband with a date night at a signature restaurant one night. He is a big steak lover. Where should we go for the best steak at Disney?!

The best steak at Disney is probably at Shula's Steakhouse at the Swan/Dolphin and it would not be on the DxDDP. Or others have mentioned the Bull & Bear which is just outside Disney property, again not on the DxDDP
So if the question is where can you get the best steak on the Dining Plan I would suggest Yachtsman Steakhouse at the Yacht Club Resort. We had a wonderful meal and delicious steak for our Anniversary Dinner last year. It is a beautiful restaurant with great service.
Enjoy

For date night we love the atmosphere at Jiko and they serve a great steak. Yachtsman also has wonderful food and of course the steaks are delicious. Both places make for a nice evening since you can enjoy walking around AKL which has lots of quiet, beautiful spaces and at YC you can stroll around the boardwalk.

Artist Point has great cuts of beef: filet and tenderloins are sooo good! They also have buffalo on occasion as well. Overall menu at Artist Point won't ever disappoint. My wife and I eat here at least once per trip! :)

My first choice, given you want to have a date night, would be Artist Point. They have a couple of cuts of beef and always have a buffalo dish, as well. Food is usually excellent, as is the service, and the ambiance is hard to beat at any World restaurant. Second, I'd go with Jiko. They, too, have an item or two of beef and often have buffalo, elk, or other "wild" game entrees. It's a very lovely place to have an intimate evening and enjoy the uniqueness of AKL. Yachtsman's will win many votes, and while my steaks there have been fine, the ambiance wasn't particularly special. As another said, however, you can always walk around the boardwalk after. We prefer a quieter venue on our date nights.

We have loved our steaks at Yachtsman Steakhouse and Artist Point. Both are great date night restaurants! :goodvibes

We are currently planning a trip for early next year! My mother-in-law has decided she wants to pay for the deluxe dining plan for the whole family (woo-hoo!). I want to surprise my husband with a date night at a signature restaurant one night. He is a big steak lover. Where should we go for the best steak at Disney (on the DxDDP)?!
The quality differential between Disney Signatures that accept DxDP is de minimis.

The calculus for the decision may or may not include:
1.) Location, location, location - the place that makes the most sense for traveling to/from.
2.) The actual food served. I may love fish, but who says you do too to take my advice. Look at the menu(s) that appeal to you.

A stroll through Grand Floridian is far more pleasing than the Contemporary. Animal Kingdom Lodges are spectacular, but a hike to get to/from for most people. Boardwalk offers some diversionary opportunities. And Disney Springs certainly has some fun stops to shop (which can be a turn-off for many).

A great meal starts with good food, but that's not the only factor in the equation.

The quality differential between Disney Signatures that accept DxDP is de minimis.

A stroll through Grand Floridian is far more pleasing than the Contemporary. Animal Kingdom Lodges are spectacular, but a hike to get to/from for most people. Boardwalk offers some diversionary opportunities. And Disney Springs certainly has some fun stops to shop (which can be a turn-off for many).

A great meal starts with good food, but that's not the only factor in the equation.

And that's what's funny about WDW, everyone has their own loves. I adore the Contemporary, and wish it was at the Epcot area. The GF just isn't nice enough to be a flagship imho and the decor has been done so many places/so many times, its a big bunch of meh for me. Except V&A, which is always worth the price:)

And that's what's funny about WDW, everyone has their own loves. I adore the Contemporary, and wish it was at the Epcot area. The GF just isn't nice enough to be a flagship imho and the decor has been done so many places/so many times, its a big bunch of meh for me. Except V&A, which is always worth the price:)
Yup - different strokes for different folks.

Two of our favorites are Yachtsman Steakhouse and Artist Point. Both have great food, as well as nice atmospheres.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter