Date Night

Buffalo Brian

Earning My Ears
We will be going to Disney World in mid-November and will be traveling with my sisters/in-laws. My wife and I were going to take advantage of having some babysitters and do a little dinner date while the kids hang with their aunts/grandma for one night. We will most likely go to an in-park restaurant so that we can join back with the kids afterwards. What is the best "in-park" restaurant for something like this? I was thinking Le Cellier but open to other romantic ideas!

We are planning something similar for our upcoming trip. We are going to Narcoossee's for a later dinner and try to be there for the Fireworks. I read that you can even enjoy them with a beverage from the back porch while you are waiting to sit down or finishing your meal.

I'd pick Tokyo Dining. It is quiet, the service excellent, the atmosphere calm and elegant.

This suggestion is not in park but have you considered Jiko's at AKL? Incredible food and afterwards you can wander the park grounds and view the animals.

Yachtsman Steakhouse. Then you could walk to Epcot to rejoin your family.

How about Tutto Gusto Wine Celler for a drink and then Tutto Italia Ristorante for your meal?

I vote for Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar too but only if you are okay waiting for one of the little seat tables in the room off to the side. In fact, if you are looking for a romantic night and aren't necessarily looking for a big, feeling meal I would actually just suggest eating there. This place is a must-do for my DH and I. We typically get a bottle of wine and then linger for awhile while we share some of the appetizer/shareable plates. It is always more than enough for complete meal for us. We typically get a margarita inside the Mexico Pavilion first and the walk over to Italy. My DH and I have found that we have the best "date night" time eating at the various lounges or bars because they don't rush you through your meal they way the tend to when you actually get a table at a TS restaurant. Tutto Gusto has never even remotely tried to rush us from the love seat area. If you are wanting a more traditional dinner option then I would suggest waiting for a table by the water outside on the patio at Spice Road table in the Morocco Pavilion. We have also had good luck with not being rushed out there and have been able to linger a bit with drinks as they typically aren't totally full there. Just make sure you get there before the folks who want to camp out for Illuminations or you won't be able to get a table by the water. Have fun!!

In EP, I would pick Monsieur Paul over Le Cellier. It is far quieter and more romantic than Le Cellier, IMHO, and the food and service are impeccable.

I wasn't sure if you are specifically looking for EP restaurants or any in-park dining?

If it's any park, I would recommend Tiffins in AKL. At DHS, you could do HBD or take the boat to one of the EP resorts and eat over there. We like bluezoo at Dolphin best (and Il Mulino at Swan), but they do not take DDP if that's a factor. Yachtsman at YC is also very good. You could also do any of these EP resort restaurants on an EP day and simply exit and re-enter EP from IG.

There is nothing at MK I would recommend, unfortunately, but from MK, you could easily get to Cali Grill or Artist Point which are the two signatures I would recommend in the MK area.

We will be going to Disney World in mid-November and will be traveling with my sisters/in-laws. My wife and I were going to take advantage of having some babysitters and do a little dinner date while the kids hang with their aunts/grandma for one night. We will most likely go to an in-park restaurant so that we can join back with the kids afterwards. What is the best "in-park" restaurant for something like this? I was thinking Le Cellier but open to other romantic ideas!
If limiting yourself to inside the Parks - Monsieur Paul is likely the most romantic spot inside the Parks. Which seems to work with your questioning if Le Cellier is a good place.

But if limited to a Disney Dining Plan Signature, and wanting steak is your preference, then nearby Yachtsman would be 'better' choice than Le Cellier.

If you want to be inside a Park, I think Magic Kingdom is more fun. I'm not sure I'd 'recommend' anything inside MK for a romantic dinner, however, other than maybe requesting the West Wing inside Be Our Guest (where my family witnessed a marriage proposal).

Other options include eating within easy travel distance to a Park, and that expands your choices. Personally, we prefer the Signature food and ambiance at Swan & Dolphin and that could allow easy access into/from either Hollywood Studios or Epcot.

It will not matter where you go. Time together with no strollers, sippy cups, goldfish or potty breaks as soon as your meal arrives will be AMAZING. Just being able to focus on one another without worrying about kids or in-laws or other family will be refreshing. Bonus points if you pick a place that has a dish/dessert/cuisine your wife loves.

At EPCOT, Monsieur Paul without a doubt. Not as crowded or noisy as many other restaurants. Beautiful inside and the food and service were excellent.
Tutto Itailia would be my second choice.
I would also consider Flying Fish on the Boardwalk or Il Muino at the Swan. Neither is a far walk from EPCOT.
If AK is an option, definitely Tiffins.

Another vote for Monsieur Paul if you are looking for in-park dining. I think it was our 3rd anniversary that we went there and had a wonderful time. Timed it out so we were finished with dinner right before Illuminations started so we went downstairs to watch the show (we didn't get a window table or we would have lingered there a little longer).

We've done Tiffins but it's not as "secluded". Great meal though!

We went to Le Cellier on our honeymoon, and while we really enjoyed it, the restaurant was a little more tight and noisy than I would have liked.

I agree with others who have suggested California Grill! I loved the food, and the view was amazing!
NbyyTHbl.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter