Dating Red Flags?

I am aware of that and that baffles me given so many people seem to be apolitical these days.
It's not really the differences, it is the extremes. There is a proper side and each one thinks it is whatever they think they are and it generates a lot of anger, distrust and fear. It has broken up a number of families, including my own briefly, but we still are unable to talk ideology without real anger instead of just disagreement. It has been far worse then I have ever seen it in my lifetime. Even the upheaval that existed during the Vietnam era, it was nothing like it is now except for the dark skinned people who had every right to be angry. And the worse part of it is that life in this country has never been better except for the made up problems that keep everyone fired up. It is sad that we have come to this when we have nothing to gain and everything to lose. I do mean everything.

It was a rhetorical question meant to highlight that there can be variations on even something like ’abortion rights’.

I explained why it alarmed me. Because I still have hope we can come together. The more I hear to this effect, the more I think it might not be possible.

For the purposes of discussion. Well when people bring other things into the discussion, as they did here, then things can stray a bit, as we all know.

It’s kind of funny to me on some of these threads that people can offer all kinds of personal and political opinions yet when I do, I’m called ’antagonistic’. Seems to me like, for some people, there’s only one way of looking at things and theirs is the right way. Maybe we can just let it go now. We’re obviously on different pages with some of this stuff so we can agree to disagree.
Some of these things, like the one you brought up, are deeper than who likes the Yankees or who cheers on the Dodgers. The topic you brought up is a big, big one and it is also very, very personal. I stand on the side of I don't agree with abortion and therefore I would never think it is ok for me to be involved in. But, if you are living with someone twenty four hours a day that cannot understand that what other people do is not any of our business, I don't agree with it, but I understand some of the real reasons why that might be the right thing for some to do. It is not my place to form a judgement of others and their motives.

If I were with someone that does think it is just peachy to tell others what they should think, feel or do then we will have a problem and it might very well be a deal breaker. Personally I can realize that they think differently, but it is extreme enough that I will lose respect for those opinions and person with them. No relationship has a snowballs chance in hell of making it without mutual respect. You cannot fake that, eventually it will do damage and that could come from either side.

You'd be surprised how open people are about such things. Not everyone views recreational drug use as a bad thing.
And that has been a HUGE issue for cruise lines in recent months. There are a confusing array of laws around the world regulating cannabis for example. People used to their state laws are shocked to find out those gummies are illegal under U.S. Federal Law. Or may be punishable by the death penalty in some nations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter