• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Daughter is panicked

Mom24Princesses

DIS Veteran
My DD's favorite part of Disney is the live Theater, (She has 2 theater degrees - Performance and Masters of Theater Education and teaches at a middle school/high school charter school). So she is worried about missing a show due to Palo. We have a 6:00 ressie. Will we make the 8:30 show???

Unless it is a 3-night, you might have Palo on a night when there is not a production show. IMO the “variety” acts on the regular cruises are very skippable (though I admit I don’t like magicians, despise comedians, and find ventriloquists creepy).

Unless it is a 3-night, you might have Palo on a night when there is not a production show. IMO the “variety” acts on the regular cruises are very skippable (though I admit I don’t like magicians, despise comedians, and find ventriloquists creepy).

Yes , she said there are only 3 stage shows (not the comedy etc.) and she didn't want to miss one (of the 3). We're on the Fantasy and they have pulled a show recently that she's bummed about. Between my 2 older DDs and their DHs and my DH there are 9 degrees in art(1), music(4) or theatre(4) - 3 are Master's - and one of them (SiL#2) has 2 Bach of music and one Masters. And they are all well employed without student loans. 2 of the Masters - one at Baylor and one at UNC Chapel Hill were full ride. So everything we do has to fit around the arts. I play the important role of audience.

she said there are only 3 stage shows (not the comedy etc.) and she didn't want to miss one (of the 3).

Correct, there are only 3 shows regardless of the cruise length, longer cruises will have other entertainment on the additional nights. What cruise are you taking? We can help you figure out which nights are likely to have the stage shows, and you can plan Palo for a different night.

Enjoy your cruise!

I can't imagine how you wouldn't make the 8:30 show? If something unusual happened, couldn't she leave a bit early?

Yes , she said there are only 3 stage shows (not the comedy etc.) and she didn't want to miss one (of the 3). We're on the Fantasy and they have pulled a show recently that she's bummed about. Between my 2 older DDs and their DHs and my DH there are 9 degrees in art(1), music(4) or theatre(4) - 3 are Master's - and one of them (SiL#2) has 2 Bach of music and one Masters. And they are all well employed without student loans. 2 of the Masters - one at Baylor and one at UNC Chapel Hill were full ride. So everything we do has to fit around the arts. I play the important role of audience.

As others have said that you should have plenty of time especially if you inform your server. By your statements above I wonder if a Disney cruise is the right vacation for your family. for example west end shows or live outdoor ampitheater Productions, or even which are much better than any DCL show. ??

Granted the shows on Disney are good especially Aladdin in beauty and the beast. But nothing to get “panicked” about. Seeing that theater is so important for you guys, I also assume that you want a good seat. so I would allow extra time to make sure you get those front and center seats; especially as a group.

My DD's favorite part of Disney is the live Theater, (She has 2 theater degrees - Performance and Masters of Theater Education and teaches at a middle school/high school charter school). So she is worried about missing a show due to Palo. We have a 6:00 ressie. Will we make the 8:30 show???

Sounds like she is an adult? My dd's are 22 and 24 so if we were in your case and they wanted to see a particular show they would make their own choice, skip dinner or leave before dessert....

Probably best thing to do is let your server know about your family's accomplishments in the arts (bring resumes as proof) and I'm sure they'll make sure to hold the show until your family's arrival.

Just let them know, and they will speed it up a little for you to make it to the show. Enjoy!

All the degrees are not of influence on whether or not you can make it to the show. You can also just want to see the shows without it. I understand you are a proud mother, but let's get back to the basics: there is a show, your adult daughter wants to see it, but there is a family dinner scheduled.

If, for whatever reason, the family isn't done eating by the time the show starts, is it acceptable in your family if she excuses herself and skips dessert? Or do all activities need to be done together? This differs per family and you need to decide how the dynamics for your family work.

Is her concern missing the show or not getting good seats? Is her plan for the other shows to be first in line waiting for the theater to open to have a choice of seats? I think the theater opens 30 minutes before showtime, and people start lining up before that. So that would be leaving Palo around 745 latest.
Does she want to change from her dinner outfit to something more comfortable for the show and rest of the evening?

Or is she ok with entering the theatre 5 minutes before showtime and take whatever seat there is? As it is not done (in my opinion) for 1 person to save seats for an entire family, is your family ok with splitting up for a show?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter