David & Ian - PJ & TR Sept 17th 2009 - Epcot UK/Attic/UK Lockside - TR Starts PG 14

I am SO excited for this TR!!! It's great already, LOVE all the pics!

So funny about your room! I guess they see two guys names on a ressie and assume you will need seperate beds!

And I completely agree with you about the free stuff! I'm all about it!

My thoughts exactly!!!

Looks like a great first day!!! I too usually drive far to the airport (because Toronto is too $$ to fly too) and I LOVE the build up of the trip.....staying in a hotel airport, going out for a pre-vacay dinner! Oh, you are bringing so many good memories back for me!:rotfl:

Can't wait to see more!

I love the build up to the trip, I think it feels like you're having an extra day's holiday. Also as you're not at home you can just completely switch off from everything.

I am SO excited for this TR!!! It's great already, LOVE all the pics!

So funny about your room! I guess they see two guys names on a ressie and assume you will need seperate beds!

And I completely agree with you about the free stuff! I'm all about it!

The hotel wasn't a problem but we did encounter some funny situations as a result of us being two guys, the next update will have the funniest of those...

ooooher!

Dont have us waiting for too long for the next update!

oh and loving the balloon hats! hehe! :lmao:

My thoughts exactly!!!

Looks like a great first day!!! I too usually drive far to the airport (because Toronto is too $$ to fly too) and I LOVE the build up of the trip.....staying in a hotel airport, going out for a pre-vacay dinner! Oh, you are bringing so many good memories back for me!:rotfl:

Can't wait to see more!

Totally agree about Toronto being expensive. We drive to Buffalo to save money. :rolleyes1 But you guys are also right. The trip there, hotel at the airport and dinner are usually an awesome start!

And YAY! Trip report! :goodvibes So happy to hear you're back and to read all the stories :) :thumbsup2

Hey, I just found your pj/tr. I did the college program twice, once Fall '06 to Spring '07 (worked merchandise at EPCOT: Club Cool, Art of Disney, and Pin Central) and then again Fall '08 (Main Entrance at Animal Kingdom). On my last college program I became a huge fan of The British Invasion, so I spent a lot of time in the UK pavilion. I am so excited to see your wedding pictures in the UK, it seems like a perfect place for a wedding :lovestruc

I can't wait for more popcorn::

Day 2 - Saturday 12th September

Our flight was not leaving until 1:30 in the afternoon so we had no worries about getting up early and rushing around. We'd arranged to meet everyone in the lobby to go down to the airport and drop off the bags. 7:30 and I was wide awake and so excited that I was jumping on the bed!!!!! :banana:

Ian was not so awake, was not jumping on the bed and was not impressed!! :confused:

P1010018.jpg

I managed to play nice for a while, texting my friends and watching out of the window until Ian finally came around. I was really excited because I got to watch our plane land and at this point Ian started to show some interest in being awake. He wanted to know whether we were flying on the plane called "Jersey Girl". For all those of you that are confused, all of the Virgin Atlantic planes have names and Jersey Girl, for reasons that I cannot understand, is Ian's favourite - bless! :rolleyes1 So we watched out of the window as our plane went passed but we couldn't tell yet whether it was Jersey Girl.

P1010023.jpg

Everyone started to organise themseleves and we all met in the lobby at about 10am and we made our way down to the airport. Now Ian and I were flying in premium economy, Ian's Mum had checked in online and only needed to drop her bags off and Claire and Daniel couldn't check in online because it wouldn't let them :confused3 . So when we got to the check in hall it was very busy, we all joined our respective queues to check in. This took far loner than we expected, which we later found out was due to the lady at the desk checking in a party of 28 people when she shouldn't have!!! We were not impressed especially since premium economy should have priority and Ian's Mum was done first! I shouldn't complain as Claire and Daniel were still in the line when we finished too.

P1010024.jpg

It was about 11:30 by the time we were all checked in so we went through the security checks and in the departure lounge. Now no one had eaten anything yet because we hadn't expected it to take so long to check-in. So we went and grabbed some lunch, mmmmmm sausage and chips! I swear food in an airport is way more expensive than the food at Disney World!

After we ate we had about 45 mins before we could board the plane so we split up to go and get magazines/snacks and duty free!

P1010026.jpg

I also went and snapped a pic of our plane, sorry Ian it's Virginia Plains

P1010027.jpg

Boarding time finally came and Ian and I left evryone else in line to get on board as we had a priority line and where whisked upstairs. It was really exciting, we had never been upstairs before, it was so easy to forget that there were hundreds of people downstairs when there are only about 40 people around you.

P1010028.jpg

P1010030.jpg

P1010031.jpg

Ian got some fake champagne and I had some orange juice as we relaxed whilst waiting for everyone else to get on.

P1010032.jpg

P1010033.jpg

It didn't take long before we were ready to go and we pulled away from the aiport 15 minutes early!!!!!! :eek:

The start of the flight was pretty uneventful until the drinks service started. We were right at the back of the cabin and the last to be served, as Claire (cabin crew) was pouring our drinks we started to chat.

Claire: How long are you away for?
David: 3 weeks, we're really excited as we are getting married.
Claire: Oh, congratulations how exciting. Where is everyone else?
David: laughs, downstairs
Claire: laughs, I can't believe you've let the bride sit downstairs
Ian: No, i'm the Bride!!!!!

Claire turned red and was really embarased, we on the other hand found the whole thing very amusing. She apologised and we told her not to worry, we found the whole thing really funny and we chatted with her some more. We then heard her tellling the other crew member, Danny, what had happened.
About 5 minutes later Claire reappeared with some proper Champagne and some chocolates as a joint congratulations/apology.

P1010034.jpg

The flight was pretty smooth overall and we chatted more with Claire and Danny and our friends took turns to come up to visit us.

P1010035.jpg

We had a great flight, nice food and great service, we had to have a picture with Claire and Danny before we landed.

P1010038.jpg

We landed about an hour earlier than scheduled and because of our seat location we were the second people of the plane!!!! :banana::banana:

Our speed at getting off the plane was really an advantage as we got through immigration so fast and they were even nice to us!!!!!! That had to be a first, US border control is usually quite grumpy but we decided that this must be because we normally get off the plane last so they're grumpy by the time they get to us. Our bags were off quickly but we had to wait for everyone else. So we waited and waited and waited a bit longer but we were finally there and off we went.

Ian's Mum was catching the magical express to Pop Century whilst we went downstairs to the Budget car rental desk with Claire and Daniel to collect our car as we were all staying at Port Orleans French Quarter. This took quite a while, I never understand why most people stand and the desk for 10 minutes while it took us 2????? We finally got our car and then played the, get all the bags in to the car game. Ian and I had our two big cases and our two small cabin size ones, Claire and Daniel had three bags. We had to put one of the seats down but we managed to do it in the end and we were off to Disnet World!!!!!!!! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Claire: How long are you away for?
David: 3 weeks, we're really excited as we are getting married.
Claire: Oh, congratulations how exciting. Where is everyone else?
David: laughs, downstairs
Claire: laughs, I can't believe you've let the bride sit downstairs
Ian: No, i'm the Bride!!!!!

Claire turned red and was really embarased, we on the other hand found the whole thing very amusing. She apologised and we told her not to worry, we found the whole thing really funny and we chatted with her some more. We then heard her tellling the other crew member, Danny, what had happened.
About 5 minutes later Claire reappeared with some proper Champagne and some chocolates as a joint congratulations/apology.

:rotfl2: That's too funny.....I kinda feel bad for her! That is amazing you got champagne and chocolates out of it!! Maybe it makes up for not getting "jersey girl"

You guys are too cute!! I LOVE all your pictures and details.

As a "Jersey Girl"...I've been trying to come up with a good joke or pun but everything I thought of sounds dirty!

So someone just posted a picture of this new kiosk outside the Fish and Chips shop in the UK and I thought....Hm, I seem to remember reading a TR about some guys that MET around there?

WTH !? You stopped your TR and you haven't even gotten to WDW yet!

Okay, Okay, so I am the worst Diser and trip report writer in the whole world.

Between our "at home reception", Christmas and work it's been a busy few months, so I can only apologise for the lack of updates. However I am back and promise that I will make lots of updates and complete the trip report.

The first of which will follow but is pictureless. It had been a long day already and the last thing I wanted to do was take pictures.

Our drive was uneventful but it was a great feeling to be back in the USA driving down the highway, especially since we were heading to Disneyworld. A few toll booths and 30 minutes later we were pulling under the welcome sign and the resort was finally in sight.

We parked up and unloaded the huge amount of luggage that we had crammed into the car 30 minutes earler and went to check in. It didn't take long as there was virtually no queue at all. Our builidng was one of the closest ones and we were on the second floor overlooking the main pool. Claire and Daniel were in the same building but just a bit further round.

We arranged to meet up in about 15 mins after we had all had chance to use the bathroom and freshen up a little. Our plan was to head over to the Magic Kingdom, this night would be one of Claire and Daniel's only chances to see Spectromagic and whenever I go to Disneyworld it's always the first park that I visit!

We arrived at the Magic Kingdom at about 7:30 and Ian and I went to sign up for our annual passes (thanks Disney) and get a Tables in Winderland card and then we headed in. I love the feeling of walking under the train station and on to main street, I feel like I enter a whole new world and everything that went before is gone!

We didn't have too long in the park so we made a quick visit to the TTA and then went to Cosmic Ray's for the first chicken strip meal of the holiday. I was a little worried that the change in chicken strips to nuggets would be disappointing but they were just as good. Our stomach's filled we took in some more attractions and then found a great spot to watch the parade in Frontierland. As usual it was as magical as ever.

We were beaten by the end of it and headed back to the hotel deciding not to wait around for the fireworks. When we got back we picked up some drinks and snacks and went back tot the room leaving Claire and Daniel to go to theirs arranging to meet at about 7am.

Ian insisted on unpacking completely before we slept... :confused3

YES! You are back!!

You cant beat the chicken strip meal... hopefully the nuggets were a one off!?

Looking forward to hearing more!

YES! You are back!!

You cant beat the chicken strip meal... hopefully the nuggets were a one off!?

Looking forward to hearing more!

They completely changed the chicken strips for nuggets some time last year, as you can imagine there was quite some controvosy about it but to be honest they were just as good just smaller and you got more of them. Ian was pleased to have Ken's Honey Mustard again!!!! We have to bring some home from Wallmart every year.

Ooooh, how exciting!

Loving your report so far! How funny about the air hostess, she must of felt so embarrassed bless her. I can;t wait to read more!!!!!!!

Oh we bring quite a few items home from Wallmart too!! I think I have only tried that Mustard once and I dont usually do mustard but that was GOOD!

Soooooo happy to read you're back to writing your TR! :yay: Was going through some serious withdrawl ;)

Definitely get the busy holiday thing...hope it was good busy. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter