Davie Crockett Ranch

Stitchy_Baby_626

Stitch...the true meaning of the word cute
Anyone stayed here? We are thinking about it but i thought it would be nice to hear some reviews first :goodvibes

Thanks

Donna
xxx

Hi,

been there twice. First time in January and with friends in July. Its a great place to stay and we will be back with 8 friends over christma :-)

You will find pictures at my website.

Greets Renate :wizard:

I stayed there a few years back on my first trip to Disneyland, and loved it -- it really is a beautiful place!
The only drawback is it no longer having the Disney shuttle service to the parks, and it's a little way out so walking is a little too far -- however, if you're planning to drive, it won't matter anyway!
The log cabins are beautiful and the surrounding area is lovely and quiet. The nearby Disney shop is great, and the pool is lovely.

it's great we've been for our 3rd visit this summer & would def. stay there again.
The cabins are cl ean & comfortable and it's lovely having much more space than in a hotel room

If more than 2 of you going I'd recommend a 2 bed roomed cabin.

Breakfast is included in the price & you collect it fresh every morning & take it back to your cabin . There is also a picnic table so you could eat outside if the weather is nice,

As Rachel says the pool is brilliant & open till 10 at night. We went in every day when we were there. Even though you have to drive to the parks, it is still near enough to come back in the middle of the day for a swim.

We ate at the restaurant a couple of times, which on an evening was a buffett. Food was very nice & plentiful. Characters come around whilst you are eating. Plus CMs to entertain the kids. They also have a character meet at tea-time every day but we didn't go to this as my kids are teenagers & weren't interested.

There are lots of activities for kids both provided & those you have to pay for.

Any more questions ask away.

rachelpixiedust said:
I stayed there a few years back on my first trip to Disneyland, and loved it -- it really is a beautiful place!
The only drawback is it no longer having the Disney shuttle service to the parks, and it's a little way out so walking is a little too far -- however, if you're planning to drive, it won't matter anyway!
The log cabins are beautiful and the surrounding area is lovely and quiet. The nearby Disney shop is great, and the pool is lovely.

Omg really?? No shuttle from there to the parks? How long is the walk? I don't understand why they don't do it from this hotel but all of the others, it doesn't make sense :confused3 I don't get it lol

Donna
xxx

My understand is that once they stopped camping they felt that most visitors would come with their own transport.

I have to say we did not find it that much of a problem having to drive, but I would not have thought the walk was praticial, especially with children in tow.

Reid

Stitchy_Baby_626 said:
Omg really?? No shuttle from there to the parks? How long is the walk? I don't understand why they don't do it from this hotel but all of the others, it doesn't make sense :confused3 I don't get it lol

Donna
xxx

I have no idea!! It's a fantastic place to stay if you're on a budget, but my mum doesn't like the idea of driving over there -- the walk is long, and not particularly ideal if you have kids or are tired after being in the park all day. Really not sure why they stopped the buses, perhaps the people doing a fly-drive and camping outnumbered those using the buses? Who knows!

It is way too far to walk, you must have a car. We are a family of 5 and felt that Davy Crocket Ranch was our only option, for space and expense. We rented a car and drove, which really was fine, once we figured out how to get it into Reverse!!

We really enjoyed staying at Davy Crocket. The space was great, two bedrooms and the couch makes into a bed. Nice having the kitchen there. The pool and restaurant were really fabulous.

Hope you have a great trip!
Katy :sunny:

Katy Belle said:
It is way too far to walk, you must have a car. We are a family of 5 and felt that Davy Crocket Ranch was our only option, for space and expense. We rented a car and drove, which really was fine, once we figured out how to get it into Reverse!!
And I thought we were the only ones that had that problem :) Ranch to park no problem. For families of more than 4 it is by far one of the best options. We are looking at possible week or 2 weeks for our next visit.

Reid

Again , just to say you can't walk, it's too far & the direct route is via the motorway!

Another alternative is taxis but the cost would mount. Transport for us has never been a problem as we've always been in France with our car when we've visited DLP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter