Day 1

pathubia

<font color=green>Gets lost at Portofino<br><font
HRH Aug 20 - 23

Cast, Me - Mom 41
DH - 41
DD - 8

Left Boston without a hitch, did have to change planes in Balt, never had to do this before, but it worked out ok. Got to Orlando on time 10:30 am.

Did not check in any luggage, jsut used carry-ons, worked out great.

Made arrangement with Tiffany's Town car to be picked up. When we got to the baggage claim area, lo and behold, there was no driver with a sign with our name. I asked one of the other drivers from Tiffany's, he called in and was told that our dirver was there somewhere.

After about 5-10 minutes, the driver "sam" sauntered up to us. He never apologizedor being late, and he did offer to help with our bags, but you could tell he did not want to help. We got in the car, which was very nice. When pulling out of the airport the car in front of us drove right through the gate. Here comes another 10 minute hold up...Our driver just sat there, we had room ro get by, I dont know what he was doing. I asked him to stop at a store to get some beer, soda and a cooler, he was not very thrilled to do this. He drove past universal, could not decide where to bring us. We were coming to a red light, he never slowed down, and he hit the car in front of us, he never slowed down, we were like, "what is wrong with you?" I thought my DH was gonna deck him. The guy in the car in front of us got out and starting yelling at him. Now we were blocking traffic!!!!! The other driver told our driver to follow him to the next place to pull in, to exchange papers. Our driver started to follow him in, changed his mind and took off. Now we were involved in a hit and run.

All I could think of was the police were gonna pull uf over and totally screw up our first day.

The driver then drove 15 more minutes I told the driver, forget it, just bring us to the HRH, he then pulled into a Publix, I ran in, got my stuff and back out to the car. I was still afraid that my DH was gonna punch him...What really bothered me was the driver NEVER asked us if we were ok, we were but he should have asked. ...When Sam dropped us off, he said he wanted to pick us up. As soon as i checked in, at 1:00 pm, I called Tiffanys, explained what had happened, and told them we did NOT want sam to pick us up....

Check in was uneventful, we had booked a pool view room , when I asked if any upgrades were available the desk clerk told me that we were already upgraded to a deluxe pool view room...it was a great room...room number 5134, two big comfy beds, a pull out couch...very nice....

We headed to USF for the first day, LOVED FOTL, longest wait was probably 5 minutes, went on MIB twice, T2-3D, The gory make up show was great, I have never been to that before, loved it!!!!!!!! Jaws, (DD stayed in child swap, refuses to go on anything with fire), Woody woodPecker, ET and earthquake, DD spent about 45 minutes in the Curious George area, time to go back to the room, DD wanted to go swimming....Got all ready to go to the pool and thunder and lightning started, pool closed, pool bar still open...ad a few drinks called indecision, yummy.....Around 9:30 we decided to go to the HR Cafe for something to eat....

Walked over, probably took us 10 minutes, (slow walkers)....there was a wait for a table, so we ate at the bar, DD like to eat at the bar, makes her feel old....DH had a T-Bone steak, loved it, DD and I spilt Nacho's, very yummy....It was now about 11, DD put her head down on the bar, so we took that as a cue to leave, I am sure the Bartenders would not like 8 year olds sleeping on the bar...face down no less....bought a few souveniers and headed back to the HRH to sleep.....

P.S. they had the most comfortable beds, and the Loews Member milk and cookies were waiting for us.....imagine, a room up grade and milk and cookies....

Patty

Hi Patty and welcome back! Thanks for taking the time to write a trip report.

Wow that Tiffany driver was bad news! I am using them on wednesday and will make sure we dont get Sam. Hit and run what a loser!

Nice room upgrade:) Sounds like a great first day! Thank you...I am on to day 2.

Our return driver from Tiffany's name was Darcy, He was great!!!!!!!

Patty

Patty,
Did you have the entertainment rate for your room price?

I did book the entertainment rate, but I did not get the upgrade; although they did give me the milk and cookies!

Boy, what a jerk your driver was. Glad you were all ok.

Thanks...

We will probably still use them in the future...The 2nd driver made up for the 1st.

Patty

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter