Day 2, 19th July.

Joanne UK

<font color=red>My favourite is Big Thunder Mounta
Another early start for me as we had a Good Morning Fantasyland breakfast booked for 8pm.

When we got to the Park we were shown to the train. We sat at the station for an absolute age waiting for stragglers to get on. As you can ride the train at any time and the main advantage of having this breakfast is getting to the park ultra early I would recommend walking to the restaurant. I agree with Dee that the breakfast was a bit of a disappointment overall.

Finished breakfast and were in the park about 10 minutes before it opened and Peter Pan and Dumbo were both up and running so we went on PP twice and Dumbo once. Spent the morning going on all the rides in Fantasyland as well as our 10 times daily pilgrimage to the Aladdin Passage/Story.

1901.jpg

Had a rest at the Ice Cream Parlour near IASW, Children had ice cream and Jason had one of those waffles with tons of whipped cream on it. I just had a coffee.

We then made our way to the front of the Castle to see the Princesses at 1pm. Jasmine didn't make an appearance all week unfortunately but Amber did meet Cinderella, Snow White, Aurora and Belle all with relative ease. Cinderella must have heard me talking to Amber about last summer because when she signed her book and posed for a picture with her she said "Hello Amber, how are you? I remember you from last year" - which I thought was a lovely touch, and Amber was more than impressed.

Then it was time for a play in Pocahontos's Indian Village. The children love it in here and it's a good place to come for an unwind and a rest.

At 3pm we had a Character tea booked at the Plaza Gardens restaurant. This is the one with just desserts cakes and drinks (although there are also bread rolls available). Emily was still being shy with characters and froze whenever one came near our table - hence no pictures of her. But Amber was pleased that she met Daisy for the first time.

1903.jpg

Afterwards we went to the loos behind the restaurant and these are next to where the characters go in when they've finished so there were a few characters there. Emily just forgot herself, ran up to Chip hugged him and kissed him on the nose. Then she must have realised she's supposed to be frightened and promptly burst into floods of big bell bottomed tears!

Jason had a fast pass for Space Mountain Mission 2 so we headed over to Discoveryland. He's been on all the big rides except Indiana Jones which we've never even seen, and he reckons that SM is the best.

Wandered about until the parade - caught some of the Winnie the Pooh show but we all found it a bit boring so didn't watch the end. Went on a few more rides and then went to the bottom of Main St for the parade.

Got a takeaway from Annettes and sat at one of their outside tables. The guy in the takeaway window kept coming out and giving Amber and Emily free toys and ice creams. Did some shopping and headed back to the hotel.

Amber is always in bed by 7 but for the last couple of nights now she hasn't gone to bed til gone 10, hasn't napped during the day and has been getting up very early. Surely somethings got to give.......

1902.jpg

La Passage Enchanté d'Aladdin (C&P from DLP.info, I don't know the full name off by heart!) is always something we leave for our last day for some reason - it's become somewhat of a ritual now!

We too met Daisy for the first time this trip - it's also the first time we saw Scrooge - must be Duck season!

Good read again, Amber looks very happy to be with the characters. Can't wait till day 3 :cool1:

What a lovely day!

My DDs love the Indian Village.

I love the waffles you spoke about ;) and how restrained of you to just have a coffee!!

Great report. Lovely to see the picture with Sleeping Beauty, since I couldn't get close enough through the crowds to get a photograph.

Reid

Is 1pm the only time the Princesses are out? I'm really hoping to get a good picture of my DD with one of them. She's almost 4 and is really not too keen on characters but she's promised she'll have a photo with a princess.

She'll probably really want too and then we won't be able to get near because of crowds. Here's hoping! :cool1:

Cinderella must have heard me talking to Amber about last summer because when she signed her book and posed for a picture with her she said "Hello Amber, how are you? I remember you from last year" - which I thought was a lovely touch, and Amber was more than impressed.

What a nice thing to do!! :goodvibes Sounds like a lovely day

eileds said:
Is 1pm the only time the Princesses are out? I'm really hoping to get a good picture of my DD with one of them. She's almost 4 and is really not too keen on characters but she's promised she'll have a photo with a princess.

She'll probably really want too and then we won't be able to get near because of crowds. Here's hoping! :cool1:

From memory I think they are there at 11.30, 12.30, 13.30 and 15.15.
There are boards at the ramp to the castle that tell you what time they will be there.
Get there early and you'll see them before the crowds descend.
Castle
xx xx xx xx xx
Aladdin/Jasmine Cinderella Sleeping beauty Snow White Belle/Beast

Hope this plan helps. By the way Cruella Devil is over in front of Plazza gardens restaurant.

Reid

Last week the Princesses were only out in the afternoons. 1pm 2pm and 4pm - not sure about 3pm. Although there were big crowds Amber remained very patient and each Princess signed her book and had a photo taken with her.

I must say all of the characters impressed me with the way they deal with the little ones. At one point an older girl was covering Amber's head and face with her autograph book while they were with Belle and Belle gently pulled Amber towards her so that she was next and gave her a lovely hug.

The most pandemonium I witnessed was around Mickey and Minnie - they really were free for alls.

Many thanks for that info - much appreciated.

Joanne, my daughter thinks the Sleeping Beauty photo is fantastic - hopefully it will encourage her.

Great report looking forward to more :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter