Day 2: Wet n' Wild, Concierge, Concierge, Concierge

IOAdude

Stress Free: Yeah Right!!
Cast: Me (Steve)- 14 with two parents
Mom- Mother of me and my sister
Dad- Father of me and my sister

I had scheduled a wake-up call with Spiderman for 6:00am. But I was such in a deep sleep from those relaxing beds, that I did not hear the phone ring. But my dad did, and when he heard it he picked it up and hung it up. I had scheduled such an early wake-up call because I wanted to get to IOA and US early so I knew I could get all the rides done. I figured about 1 hour for me and my mom to get ready (Dad wasn't coming) and 1 hour to eat breakfast, and get to US for early entry. So by the time I woke up it was 8:00am! I hurried up and got ready, had an apple juice from the mini bar and rushed my mother. We hopped on the water taxi with my black book bag on and had our tickets from last year in our hand. When I say tickets from last year I really mean from last year. I went to IOA and US last year on a 2 day 2 park pass with the 3rd day free. I remembered Universal telling me that unused days never expire. So with our tickets, my book bag, camera, and hotel key cards for FOTL, we arrived at Citywalk and sprinted over to IOA and do US later. Now here is where we run into the worst trouble of the trip. I think it deserves its own Paragraph.
Me and my mom get into the park entrance line. The lady takes our tickets and puts them through the machine. She calls over one of the other workers and I here her say that these tickets are expired!!!!!!!!! I was in disbelief that out 2 $75 tickets are EXPIRED. So the lady tells me to go over to the Guest Services office near the IOA bathrooms. So we look at the line, and it was very long. Everybody in that line has their own problem that take forever to sort out. So I just said to my mom that we go to the conceirge in the PBH and they can get things straightened out. We hop back on the water taxi and the boat driver say "Your back from the parks already". I wasn't in a very cheerful mood. Soon as the water taxi docks, we go right to the concierge and tell him what happened. He says that the 2 day tickets with the 3rd day free was a promotion from Southwest Vacations and that the 3rd free day had to be used within 7 days of when I first used the 1 day of the tickets, last year. He said "I wish there was something I could do, but I really can't help you" So I was really upset and mad. But there was nothing i could do. My family wasn't planning on spending $150 on admission tickets. My father offered to pay but I denied and just went to my hotel room and began to write my complaint letter to Universal Orlando. When I finished it I went back down to the concierge and the concierge I spoke to earlier wasn't there. So I talked to the other conciege named Rosa and told her to forward the letter to the head of guest services at Universal. In the mean while I find my mom and I asked if i could spend the rest of the day at Wet n' Wild. The tickets were only $30 and I was going to go by myself. So me and her head BACK TO THE CONCIERGE and ask Rosa if they sell Wet n' Wild tickets. She says yes and I buy one. After I buy one, and mom could help but tell Rosa, the other concierge, what happened with our tickets. So thankfully Rosa calls Guest Services at the old Universal and tells them what happened. After she's finished Rosa says that Universal Orlando was going to give us 2, 1 day 2 park tickets for FREE! I was so happy, and I was so greatful. All we had to do was go down to the Universal Orlando Administration building in the old universal and give them our name and they'd give us the tickets. I am still in shock that we got 2 free tickets. I am very thankful that Rosa did something but that other no good slime ball concierge did not do a darn thing. I tell you if you have a problem it really depends on who you talk to!
As my mom and Dad go down to Unviersal to get the tickets I head over to the Bus Piazza and wait for the Universal Orlando shuttle bus to come pick me up. Rosa tells me to look for the Shuttle bus that has Uiversal Orlando written alll over the sides. In the meanwhile while I am waiting for it another bus comes. It is a red coach bus that says Martz on it. The Universal Orlando Shuttle bus was running late but I knew that couldn't be my bus because it was red, and who would take a coach bus to Wet n' Wild? So the Universal Orlando bus finally comes and I ask the driver if this bus goes to Wet n' Wild. He says no and that I just missed it!!! It was the RED BUS!!! So I head BACK TO THE CONCIERGE and tell her that the red bus came. She said that one of the Universal Orlando buses must have broken down and that the company that owns the Bus brang in their own bus to susbsitute. So Rosa take out $10 out of the cash register and calls a taxi for me and pays the guy $6 to send me to Wet n' Wild. Thanx again ROSA!!! I am going to continue this on another post because this day is jam packed full of crazey stuff and there is a lot more that will happen.

Cool! Sounds they really pamper you well at Universal! :D

I'm so glad that you got free tickets to Universal! It goes to show that you do have to talk to the right person! Great trip reports!!! :)

Wow ! Thats great! You told people your problems without a scene & you got excellent things in return ! Great job !
Now I can't wait to go !!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter