Day 3, 20th July

Joanne UK

<font color=red>My favourite is Big Thunder Mounta
Wednesday turned out to be the worst day we've ever had at DLP

Had a character breakfast booked at Cafe Mickey for 9.30 so didn't have to be up that early today. However, at about 5am I was woken up by a thud and a scream as Amber fell out of bed and banged her head against the wall causing her to have a nosebleed. Needless to say everyone was woken up and we didn't get back to sleep.

Arrived early for breakfast and they said it was ok to be seated earlier than booked. After 2 slices of ham and some oj Amber started moaning that she wanted to go - and she pretty much didn't stop moaning then for the rest of the day.

2002.jpg

Went to the Studios first and rode the Flying Carpets and did the Tram Tour. Then we watched Animagique which we always enjoy. We could hear the Lilo and Stitch show so decided to head over there as we missed alot of it on Monday. I think we saw it almost to the end this time but, once again it started to rain and the show was abandoned. We never did manage to see all of it. Luckily it was just a shower and we decided to watch the Cruella De Ville show at 11.30am.

This was the first time we'd seen this and although it's fairly predictable I found it quite enjoyable. About 5 people are dragged out of the audience to take part.

2001.jpg

Jason did Rock n Rollercoaster and then we did some shopping before heading over to the main park. Got a FP for Peter Pan and did the usual rides around Fantasyland.

By now Amber was becoming unbearable. Lack of sleep meant that she was irritable, snappy and was ruining the day for everyone. I decided that an early night was in order.

We went to Annettes as I knew there's food there that we all like. Then we headed back to the hotel. Amber dressed up in her Jasmine outfit that we'd got her earlier in the week complete with hat, shoes and handbag - accessories are so important to a young lady! We went downstairs into the bar for a drink. I had the strongest gin and tonic I've ever had in my life - maybe I looked really stressed to the barman!

Upstairs, bathed showered and all 4 of us in bed at 7.30pm!

I felt guilty at wasting virtually a whole afternoon and evening but was sure we'd be thankful for it the next day.

Wednesday was a day for staying in the hotel - we had a 3 hour period in the hotel that afternoon waiting for my meds. I did feel a bit gutted but I also looked at the rain from the window as was kind of glad I was in my hotel room!

Shame about Amber - hopefully a good sleep made Thursday a great day.

Steve,

Thursday and Friday were fantastic days but I can only do one day a day, it hurts my brain too much having to remember everything!

Oh what a shame Joanne, I hope Amber picks up a little for day 4. :)

I don't suppose things ever really run smoothly travelling with children, just so glad Amber didn't break anything.

We have a saying now after two ill fated trips to DLRP, when something goes wrong it just means "we've got to go back again" to make up for it! ::yes::

Looking forward to the next part
Kaye

Oh Joanne, what a shame for Amber.

We made the mistake last summer of trying 3 days of late nights and early morning :confused3 Therefore decided that we would go before wishes this summer :goodvibes

Reid

Wednesday turned out to be the worst day we've ever had at DLP

Oh no :(

I totally agree with you about kids and getting overexcited / over tired. My DD (Amber again!) had a day very much like this at WDW - nothing we said or did got her out of her sullen mood for the whole day despite our best efforts. We had done 3 fourteen hour days in a row in the heat of July though so only got myself to blame!!

We always break up the days now with relaxing / pool time to ward off those tired moments :) so I don't think you wasted an afternnon at all - you've got to do it for everyone's sanity sometimes :hyper:

I had the strongest gin and tonic I've ever had in my life - maybe I looked really stressed to the barman!

I did have to LOL to this though!

Have just read the 1st 3 parts of your report Joanne. Love the photos!! Sorry to hear Amber had an "off" day but looking forward to the remaining days.

Sorry you had a bit of an off day, we had this in Cornwall once with one of our DD's, I was so fed up I could have packed up and come home early but the next day she was back to her normal angelic self (did I really say that?!!!) for the remainder of the week.

We have had days like this at DLP nearly every time we have gone. I think in my son's case its lack of sleep and too many sweets which he normally doesn't get!! I am determined on our next trip to just take it easy and sleep in later in mornings. I do hope Amber had a better day 4!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter