Day 3: IOA, US, Mythos, Dive in Movie!!

IOAdude

Stress Free: Yeah Right!!
Cast: Me (Steve)- 14 with two parents
Mom- Mother of me and my sister
Dad- Father of me and my sister

I had scheduled a wake up call today in hope that my father does not hang up the phone again like he did yesterday morning. This time the wake up call was from Betty Boop. I thought it would be better than the rugrats. I woke up at 7:00am and got dress, brushed teeth, and went down to Cafe` Eexpresso for some breakfast. I got me and my ma a bagel, crossiant, and a pint of orange juice. I was in shock when the guy said it would be $7.50!!! Geeze, I could get a dozen of bagels for that much money at home.
After breakfast mom and I went to catch the next water taxi when I parculiar man asked us if his room key card looked like ours because he said the water taxi guy asked him for his card yesterday and couldn't get on. I thought of it to be a bit odd because never has a water taxi driver ever asked me or anyone I saw for their card. But he took out his card and showed it to us. It didn't even look anything remotely like out PBH key card. So we got to the entrance at IOA and the lady puts our new tickets through the machine and we are relieved to find out that they are good and work. Thank you Guest Services!!! Anyway, the park wasn't open yet and everyone was waiting at the entrance to Superhero island. Most people went to the hulk first, but when they heard it was closed down for the day, they went straight to Spidey and thus began the 75 minute wait for it. Luckily I wasn't headed there and I had the PBH room key to get me to the front of the line. So me and mom go the opposite way to Dueling Dragons and amazingly people already have their express tickets. The express line was long, and I was very disapointed that the key card didn't work as good as last year. After that, my mom and I did flying unicorn. My mom dosen't like the rooler coasters like Dueling Dragons and the Hulk. But I almost had to drag her on the Unicorn. After unicorn we headed to Jurassic Park River Adventure. I can't believe my mom went on that 85 foot drop!!! It was 10:30 and time for Poisidon's Fury to open up. After a grueling 45 minutes waiting in the Universal Express line they finally let us in. The new show is kind of like the old one. Same water vortex, same ancient temple. It was o.k. but wouldn't do it again. It was getting cloudy and looked like it was going to rain. I wanted to get Triceratops encounter over with so before it rained we went there. As we are walking down the jungle path it starts pouring down raining and we get out our umbrellas. Luckily we find this little sheltered waiting area with a bench and a nice view of the plants and shrubs in this breathtaking forest. I can't believe some people didn't bring umbrellas or ponchos. Most of the people who did have ponchos had MICKEY MOUSE ponchos. I'd be soooooooo embarest. That's like wearing a Burger King shirt to McDonalds.
After the rain lets up a bit we sprint over to Blondies Home of the Dagwood for some lunch. This place has really, really, really good sandwhiches. I got the dagwood and my mom got the tootsie. We both got potato salad wich was the best I have ever had. A bag of chips, sodas. and a Bell Bottum Brownie for dessert. The brownie has whip cream on it and mini m&m's. Making me hungry as I write. Also this place has a very good a/c. If it gets hot out I recommend coming here. After lunch we walk over to Island Skipper tours and the tour was corny and chessey. The tour guide would tell all these really bad and really unfunny jokes. And thought his boat was a plane. Then head back to the hotel to take 2nd shift with my mom's entrance tickets to US and IOA. When I got to the hotel I took a 2 hour nap and got up, went to the water taxi and did a very boring Terminator 2-3D. The lady guide did not use the word SUPER enough! Literaly. ANyways after that we headed over to IOA, I didn't think my dad could get in with my mom's ticket, but he did!!!! I he could do that I could bring 7 friends through the park with just two tickets or have them come in all at once. Just after the person enters hand the ticket over through the gate to the other person so he can get in and dot cycle all over again. Hey Coaster FEV and Earl I beat the park at tickets!!!!! I thought IOA would be smarter than that.
So when I com back to the park I see that the Hulk is open and is working. I was so happy, but I had to eat dinner first. I made reservations for Mythos earlier on in the day for 6:00pm and thought that there would be a lot more people there. But only like three groups were in the place. They had some really good choices. It was hard to choose. I was either going to get the Balsamic Chicken or the Rissuto of the day. I decided to get the Rissuto. When it cam out I thought it didn't look that filling until I started eating. The dish had a little mound of rissuto rice in the middle, rolled up peices of chicken around it and that was all over lobster bisk. When they brang it out it look like somthing off of the World's Greates Chefs on the Discovery Channel. By the way did I mention it was delious!! Kudos to the Executive chef and the Second Cook. I had to save room for the Praline Cheese cake roll up. Great. It was like a cinnamon surgar strudel with cheese cake in the middle and a scoop a vinallia ice cream. My dad got the chicken club and the bananna brownie. I thought the brownie looked better than mine though.
After dinner went strainght to the hulk and used my key card to bypass the 45 minute line. I had to show my card to 3 attendents and they looked at it very carfully, i guess there must be some fakes out there. I love the Hulk and I think it is my favorite coaster. After the Hulk we went to Spiderman and my dad thought it was the best ride he ever went on. Next was, Doctor Doom WITH MY DAD!! When you are that up high you can see the construction on the Royal Pacif taking place. The rooms look small but they look like they are making some major progress. My dad almost threw up, even before he got on. We finished IOA and went back to US where we rode Kong and MIB twice. Stopped at alkatraz smoothie place to get a pick lemonade freeze and dad got orange tangerine. Great freezies. I went back to the hotel early to see the Dive in Movie. It was really neat they had a movie screen put up at the end of the villa pool and they had rafts an noodle in the pool. Great picture and great surrond sound. Near the entrance they had coke and cocktails and cotton candy and pop corn at movie prices. The movie was free and they were showing Jurassic Park 1. The movie ended at 10:30 and the pool stayed open until then too. But the beach pool closed at its regular time. After movie went to bed.
Day 4: Good Bye PBH, Rain, Rain, Tropical storm. Will follow!

Originally posted by IOAdude
I didn't think my dad could get in with my mom's ticket, but he did!!!! I he could do that I could bring 7 friends through the park with just two tickets or have them come in all at once. Just after the person enters hand the ticket over through the gate to the other person so he can get in and dot cycle all over again. Hey Coaster FEV and Earl I beat the park at tickets!!!!! I thought IOA would be smarter than that.

Actually, you're supposed to get your hand stamped when you leave one park, then to get in the other park they are supposed to check for the hand stamp ... that's how they prevent such shenanigans. Guess you and your dad looked like honest folk and they didn't check for the handstamps :)

I had to show my card to 3 attendents and they looked at it very carfully, i guess there must be some fakes out there.

Not so much "fakes", but I have a stack of card keys in my desk drawer at home from my previous six stays ... they want to make sure no one is using out dated keys more than the risk of fakes ...

Hmmmm...

This entire response from me will contain constructive criticism, so don't take it the wrong way. I'm not flaming, just offering advice.

First of all, you now realize why you can't make a schedule with 15 minute intervals, which you spent 2 weeks preparing, it simply can't be done.

Next, comes the advicie about preparing for your trip. Whenever I leave, I create a list of things I need a week in advance and keep adding to it. The night before leaving, I check off everything as I pack. Then, when we leave and get in our car, I check off that I have my license, credit cards money, and tickets to the parks (if I have them pre bought), I even show these things to everyone else and ask if they have their license, you need it if you're flying. Even doing all of this, you can still forget things, but it helps.

It surprises me that you scheduled 4 days at PBH and planned on hitting both parks for only 1 day. The check into the PBH and relax part was odd to me, you must like swimming pools because on your first night, you went to the PBH and just hung out. I'm surprised you didn't go to the parks on your first afternoon in, you would have found out your tickets we're bad and then had the entire 2nd day correct. You did that because you only wanted to use the free day from your tickets, but I would have planned on buying a single day ticket for the 2nd day. Hindsight is 20/20. I dunno, sure, resorts have relaxing things to do, but when I'm there, the parks are my main focus. I would have hit US in the afternoon, then city walk at night.

The ticket problems I'd blame on US/IOA because they're always vague with thier promotions, and change the rules during the year. When I bought my tickets I checked their web site over and over to make sure about the rules. But I was still bummed when they took early entry away for multi-day ticket holders this year. At least the 2nd person corrected the mistake after your parents asked them nicely.

Ok, so now you switched days and went to Wet N' Wild. You missed the bus, oh well, bad luck. Now you know to step into each one and ask the driver where he's going. Wet N' Wild is good, but again, you spent an entire day of a trip visiting a water park while staying at an on-site property.

Next day was your visit both parks day with mom in the morning and dad at night. See, you can't do everything. I went to the end of the threads in the US message board and saw your schedule again. What you did was nothing close to what you planned, although, you did hit Blondies and Mythos like you scheduled. You went to IOA first instead of US, and then Hulk was down, and Posiden's Fury had a long line. Again, this is why you can't make a commando schedule. You hit some rides but not even close to all the ones you wanted, then went with your dad and he got sick, sorry to hear that. You went back to the hotel and watched a movie from the pool, see, more time you could have been at the parks. You missed Rip Saw Falls and Popeye, two of the best wet rides in the world. Don't know if you've been on them, but seeing how you like water, it was too bad you missed them.

Here's my advice for your next trip. Buy your tickets on line before you go and make sure they're valid and all that stuff. The day you fly in, visit one of the parks and do some rides. If your parents don't really like roller coasters, then let them go elsewhere and meet up with them later. Sure, you want to include them, but I've been to parks alone and it works great.

At least you woke up early each day, that was good.
Next time, plan more time visiting IOA/US if you're staying onsite. If you're there to visit Wet N' Wild, then stay at a hotel on International drive and save your money. I'm scratching my head at the amount of time you spent visiting fancy restaurants and swimming pools when you could have been taking advantage of Express Pass, which still had long lines, but at least it was there to use.

You even asked about seeing IOA/US in 1 day and I responded telling you not too. Hopefully you'll learn from this and take my comments as advice and have a better trip next time.

I am very impressed that a 14 year old would take the time to write such a long detailed report. You must be a very good student and make your parents proud.

Thank you, Travelbug. But as for robvia, I apprieciate you constructive critisisum but you have to remember my dad is in some cases cheap. Although we did go to nice resturaunts my dad did not want to spend another $74 on a half of a day at the parks. I was thinking about going to seaworld the second day but I thought about and thought about lines. I don't think that Wet n' Wild has as many lines as Seaworld so I did Wet n' Wild. But we didn't come to Florida to just go to the parks, but to relax and swim, and eat good, while in beautiful florida. As much as I love themeparks I'm not sure if I am willing to surround myself in them. Besides I've already rode most of the rides there and I know what they are about, if they are worth seeing ect. To me I don't want to spend my time on earthquake for the 5th time. Plus I hate the pre-show for it.
And yes we I did get my hand stamped at IOA and US. My dad only got his hand stamped at US. The two stamps look nothing alike. Ones green and ones invisble. But I think the lady at IOA must have mistaked the green us stamp that my dad had on for the IOA stamp.

IOA Dude, I loved your comment about the Mickey rain ponchos! You are right, it is just like wearing a McD's t-shirt into Burger King LOL!!

I was wondering, too, did you like the Groove? My 15 year old, 14 when we went last month, went to the Groove and loved it. He thought he had died and gone to Heaven!! I think he kissed a girl for the first time there, but you know he wouldn't share that info with Mom!!!

Kim:wave: :wave: :wave:

Yeah it was pretty cool. But they frisked me before I went in and they thought my camera in my pocket was a pack of cigaretts. I liked the club, but I have been to better ones. Plus there were security guards everywhere!

Another great trip report!!! You really are a great writer for your age! I know when we go to Orlando (DH and Myself) we love to hang out at the Hotel and eat at nice restaurants too!!! I think everyone enjoys different things, thankfully or we would all end up doing the same things!

It's good to know that Citywalk has a teen club, I think it is really good for the teens on vacation!

Off to read your last day! Glad you posted these great reports! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter