• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Nickylv

DIS Veteran
Well for our final full day at the resort we got up early this morning. Relaxed out on the you know what. Got ready by 12 noon and headed out to the south side of the island. Drove over to Coligny Park where shopping and restaurants are. Well we are not the shopping kinda people after all these years we don’t need anything for our home, such as light house salt and pepper shakers that say Hilton Head Island, or Hilton Head Island shot glasses. Well you know what I mean, to each his own, so it was time to find a place to have lunch. Almost all the restaurants don’t open until 4. Who knew. We asked a couple if they knew the area and could suggest a nice place for lunch. They suggested a place in close driving distance from where we were so back to the car. Got lost so we were starving and came across Reilly’s. Sort of a Irish/British sports bar and decided to eat there. We sat outside and My wife ordered the Chicken Pot-Pie and I ordered the Fish and Chips. Like we say when in Rome…or an Irish/British pub do as they do. The fish and chips were really good and so was the pot pie. After lunch we headed back to the Disney Beach house since we did pay for those gold incrusted beach chairs and had to make use of them. So nice to just sit back relax and let the sound of the waves and cool ocean breeze calm you. Nice way to spend our last day at the beach. Well at least last day at the Hilton Head Island beach. Tomorrow is the St Augustine Beach. Tonight we have reservations at Michael Anthony’s Italian restaurant. I’ll let you know how that was.

Ok just got back from dinner and if there was a rating of 10 stars it would be 20. Sergei was our waiter and made a great experience coupled with excellent food the best ever. You know when you have an excellent meal and experience at a restaurant it stays with you for years? Well Michael Anthony’s is one that will stay with us until the next time we come to Hilton Head Island. Sadly we leave tomorrow and continue on with our journey. I would say that Disneys Hilton Head Resort is a great place to unwind and take the stress of every day life down a few notches. While the resort could use the rest of the rooms overhauled the porch made up for any thing missing in the rooms. It’s a great place to bring your family with youngsters or all adults. There are hammocks, horse shoe games, double swings overlooking the water, great friendly cast members beautiful scenery, and thats just on the resort. Not to mention the beach, pools and all the things that go on the resort each day. lots of off property excursions to enjoy and many restaurants to discover. While it’s different than a normal beach community but I guess that’s what makes it special. We loved it and will definitely be returning. To be continued…..

we lived on Hilton Head for a few years and miss it so much. BY the time we could have moved back, it had jumped way up and out of our price range. Hilton head is well known for it's excellent restaurants. It's a foodie Haven, if you will. Next time you go, check out The Crazy Crab. one on the beach and one when you first get on the island.
The other thing it's know for is stinging jelly fish. july and august is NOT the time to go into the water there unless you have a spray bottle with vinegar with you. Trust me.

Thanks, we will try The Crazy Crab next time we go. We really enjoyed being there. We don’t travel during the summer since the town is busy and the heat and humidity are unbearable. April, May and Oct, early November is when we travel. Even mid october in Hilton Head Island you needed reservations at most restaurants. Our next visit will be with all our grown adult family, they will love it too. Thank you for the recommendations, that was helpful.

Oct. is a fav month there. I'm not surprised it's still packed. May is pretty tight to as it seems to be one of the best swim months.

The weather was great, and sitting on the beach during the day was just so relaxing. While there were people in the water, most were just enjoying the view from their seats.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter