Day 4, 21st July

Joanne UK

<font color=red>My favourite is Big Thunder Mounta
After a really good, long night's sleep we all woke up in a good mood and raring to go.

Had another "Good Morning Fantasyland" booked but this time we walked to the restaurant rather than get the train. We'd almost finished our breakfast when the people from the train came in so it does save quite a bit of time walking - also it's lovely to walk around taking everything in when the park is virtually empty.

Rode Peter Pan and Dumbo multiple times and then the less busy Fantasyland rides. We split up about 10 as Emily wanted to go on IASW again and Amber wanted me to get a FP for Peter Pan later. This was the first time I had actually used the FP machines, Jason had got them all previously. Guess what? My ticket got stuck - there was a tiny bit visible but not enough for me to get a grip and pull it back out again. Behind me was a French man who then tried to put his ticket in - I'm saying No, there's a ticket in there already and its stuck but he didn't seem to understand me and was trying to push past me to get to the machine. So I'm having to stop him pushing past me as well as looking around for a CM - not one to be seen anywhere. In the end I've had to let him get to the machine to prove that my ticket was stuck but he still tried pushing his in - by now I'm gesticulating at him like Basil Fawlty! In the end I had to leave the machine and find a CM who unlocked the machine, I wasn't bothered about the possibility of not getting a FP - I wanted to get my park ticket. Anyway in the end I got both.

Went on Pinocchio next - Jason and Emily had returned by now. Gremlins were certainly out this morning - our car got stuck! Lights came up music and sound effects stopped and we ground to a halt. Sat there for about 10 minutes and then a CM unlocked the bar and we had to walk out of the ride. At this point I decided Jason was riding PP with Amber - no way did I want to get stuck suspended over Big Ben!

2105.jpg

Made our way over to Discoveryland at about 10.50 to queue for Lion King tickets. Got them for the 2.15 show in English. Spent the time between now and then having lunch and another trip to Pocahontas's playground.

We got front row seats for the show and all thought it was amazing. Children had been nagging for a while to go in Alice's Labyrinth so we headed over there. Jason and I both agree that if there was one attraction we could choose to be closed for our next visit it would be this one. Feeling guilty at wanting to deny the children something they both really love we ended up spending up over an hour in there!

2106.jpg

Next stop was Sleeping Beauty's castle where we also spent alot of time taking everything in. We didn't go to see the dragon though - we've seen him before but the children were both too scared this time!

2103.jpg

Jason rode SM again and decided that this time was better than the first because he was sitting at the back of the capsule. He went into a long scientific type explanation as to why it was better but basically you just get thrown about a lot more and have more difficulty controlling your neck the further back you sit - not my cup of tea at all.

At some point today we'd bought Amber her starter pin collecting kit and lanyard. Had a chat with a guy who sells pins only by Plaza Gardens - he was wonderfully nice and helpful. Amber got into it straight away and spent all day giving furtive looks to any fellow traders. We traded a few with CM's who were all lovely and seemed only too pleased to trade with her.

Watched the parade from our usual spot and after having something to eat headed back to the hotel. A brilliant day - we all thoroughly enjoyed it and all the horrible bits from the day before didn't matter anymore.

It sounds you and Jason have the same conversations as Denise and I, as I explain to her why I perfer sitting in the back row at the end when when we ride Star Tours, and it's for the same reasons that Denise prefers to sit front row in the middle!

Pirates of the Caribbean is another one that we have favourite seats for - has to be front or back.

That second picture down is so adorable.

I enjoyed reading about Day 4 as it was our best day in the park and brought back great memories :cool1:

Hi Joanne,

Good report - thanks! :flower:

Lovely pictures and it doesn't look too busy - what did you think of the crowds? Your picture of Fantasyland makes it look as though it wasn't too bad at all.

Kaye

PS Where is the little alcove in the castle? Emily and Amber look so sweet sitting in it! :cloud9:

Kaye,

The crowds weren't as bad as I was expecting. I thought Fantasyland was the least busy out of all the lands - which was lucky for us because it's where we spend most of our time.

The alcove that the girls are sitting in is at the top of the Queen of Hearts castle at the end of the Labyrinth.

Joanne

Discoveryland seemed the busiest, I guess with The Legend of The Lion King and Space Mountain 2 it has the two biggest attractions in the park at the moment.

What a lovely day :)

I spied Amber's KP T Shirt too :teeth:

Joanne UK said:
Had another "Good Morning Fantasyland" booked but this time we walked to the restaurant rather than get the train. We'd almost finished our breakfast when the people from the train came in so it does save quite a bit of time walking - also it's lovely to walk around taking everything in when the park is virtually empty.
Must agree with you - I'm a big fan of the Fantasyland breakfast and love getting into the park when it's nearly empty!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter