kristikae

Mouseketeer
Day 4
MK
Epcot

Cast: Myself
AJ (14 year old son)
AJ (14 year old nephew)

We woke early so we could be at MK for the rope drop. We hit the free breakfast buffet at the hotel. It was standard buffet choices. Nothing too impressive but what can you expect for free. I’m not much of a breakfast person anyway. I inquired about the shuttle to the parks but it seemed to be more of a hassle so we just drove the rental car. We arrived at TTC around 8 a.m. It was already crowded. We stood in line with the other masses of people. Finally around 8:55 they opened up the gate for the monorail and the Ferry Boat. Most people massed to the monorail so we took the Ferry. I think we got to the entrance of the MK before the second monorail arrived to find a huge crowd at the security checkpoints. By the time we got through that and onto main street it was 9:15. I was disappointed because I was under the impression they would let you wander around Main Street until the rope drop so we missed all of that.

We went directly to Splash Mountain and the to BTMRR. Before going on the railroad we got a fast pass for Splash Mountain. Even this early we stood in line for BTMRR for almost 15 minutes. We then went to the Haunted Mansion then back to Splash Mountain again. We headed over to the Jungle Cruise and did that. By now it was about 11 and it was extremely crowded. Most rides were posting wait times of almost an hour already. We knew we were going to be coming back so we went back to the hotel and the boys swam and I rested.

We had a 3:00 PS for the Teppanyaki grill in Japan so we headed over there. We have a Teppenyaki grill restaurant here in Des Moines and all of my kids love it so we knew what to expect. We had 4 pretty quiet tablemates so it was uneventful. I felt our Chef could have put on a little more of a show. It seemed all he did was cook. I think the experience is a make or break based on your Chef and ours didn’t seem very interested in showmanship. The food was very good so I was ok with that.
We just wandered around the Worlds for the rest of the evening. I was at Epcot in 1992 and wasn’t very impressed. I was expecting a Theme Park, which it isn’t in my mind. After this trip though it is my favorite. I could just sit and take it all in for a whole week! I was surprised that the boys enjoyed it as much as they did too. They liked visiting the Worlds more than Future World. TOD was cancelled due to rain (ponchos were a life saver!) so I found a spot by Japan to watch Illuminations again. It was amazing again and we just wandered back to the parking lot afterwards at a slow pace. This was one of my most enjoyable nights at Disney I think due to the fact that we just took it as it came with no real plan.

Sounds like a nice day, sometimes it's better to just relax and go without plans! :)

Epcot is absolutely my favorite park! I, too, could spend the majority of my trip there!

:earsgirl: Krissy

What is it that you really like about the epcot? We have been there 2 times, we did not do much of the worlds, but we said , we want more action. Next trip we are not even going to go there. I must be missing something. Most people love it there. thanks...corvair amy How did you like HRH? I might stay there next trip.....

Epcot is an Adult park IMHO.
It makes one feel like you aren't exactly in Disney World, but not exactly like in several foreign countries! It's hard to describe;)

Thanks again for the post!

I have 4 children and they have been to Disney almost every year. They abolutly love Epcot,especially W.S. :p :p We love walking through the countries,cathing all the entertainment,eating great food,and watching Illuminations.It feels very "Disney" to me!It is evan my 7 year olds favorite,along with M.K.:PinkboI t seems more romantic and relaxing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter