Day 4

pathubia

<font color=green>Gets lost at Portofino<br><font
Time to go home, sob!!!

Woke up with such a big head, pounding headache, and sick to my stomach....way too much drinking the night before!!!!!!! Must have been that apple shot, LOL

Packed up our belongings, took forever to wake up DD, she was totally wiped out.

Finally rose her....Brought our luggage down to the lobby and stored it for the day....We werent leaving until 3pm...Check took 2 seconds, just left the envelope, we didnt bill anything to the room and we never called anybody....Headed back to IOA,

Have I mentioned the water shuttles????? I know it only takes 5 minute to walk from the HRH to Universal Studios but with a hot child whose feet hurts......it works out great, the shuttles run every 20 minutes from 8 am to 2:30 am...we got to be quite friendly with some of the boat operators...

Note: If the shuttle operator is nice enough to wait for you, try to shift into second, there is nothing worse than sitting on the boat waiting while some one is nonchalantly meandering along, slowly....

Back 4, totally hungover, hotter than heck, we took the boat to Citywalk. DD wanted a hair wrap, ok, that took about a 1/2 hour, not too bad when healthy, but sick to my stomach it seemed like hours.

Now it was 11 am, we still had a voucher for a free meal so we decided on NASCAR, I will tell you after 3 large sprites, I was back to normal, we had a great meal there, DD had a corn dog, I hag BBQ Shrimp, and DD had BBQ ribs, all the meals were great....

DD forgot her little King Kong doll in the rest room, it could have only been there 5 minutes, when she went back to see if it was there, it was, but someone had DD had but her bracelet around its neck and that was gone, so we looked around to see if we could see someone wearing her bracelet, we didnt, but it was probably comical to see us looking at everyones wrists for a few hours. Hey at least she got Elizabeth, the stuffed gorilla, back.

Finally off to IOA, ran into Rocky, Bullwinkle, Boris and Natasha, had a photo op with them.

Hit Spiderman one more time, again 45 minute wait for everyone else, no wait at all for us.

Hit Hat in the Cat for 2 more rides, DD even went on once by herself, she is getting so old and independent, One Ride on One Fish, Two Fish, loved that ride, but felt guilty cutting all those kids in line.

Back to the hotel for a swim before we have to leave.

DD and DH went down the water slide a few times. We never had time to rent a Cabana bt plan on it next trip. I didnt mind the pool depth, its not real deep, only about 4 ft in some spots. The pool area is great, very pretty.

I did ask one of the Managers at the reception where they found so many "cool" employees, I was told that they had hiring fairs in the area and they promoted "tatoos and piercings" welcome....

Time to leave, we went to the luggage area, our NEW driver, Darcy, from Tiffany's was waiting, he was great, friendly, helpful and he didnt hit anything...

He got us to the airport ontime, we made it home without a hitch....

Thanks for reading!!!

patty

We thinking of going to do the US/IOA thing and want to know how did you like HRH? And what kind of rates did you get?

Hi,

We booked through universal vacations, everything was great, but after reading this board I think it wouldhave been less expensive if I did it on my own. For 2 adults and one 8 year old the trip was $930, that included 3 nights at the HRH, length of stay passes, 1 meal, and a tote bag for my daughter, it also included a sheet of coupons for 15 % off Mythos, Confiscos, merchandise at USF and IOA...we didnt use most of them. We used Mythos. We plan on returning next year, I wil try to get the entertainment rates. My pkg was fora pool view room and we did get a Loews club upgrade to a deluxe pool view room. You will love the HRH.

Patty

You are a sweetheart for taking the time to post your vacation and answer everyone's questions. I too, have learned so much from reading the boards and am glad I found DIS before I left. 17 more days to go.

Thanks, I hope you have a great trip!!!!!!!

patty

Hi Patty!
From wild drivers to apple shots.... sounds like all still had a great time! (maybe your 1st driver had done some apple shots?)
Thanks for sharing! Start planning the next trip!!
Jim

Hi Jim,

It was a great trip, and we are already planning next year's trip. I never thought I would consider going to FL during a school vacation, but with Universal Express and staying at the HRH I dont think it would be too bad.

I did have to make a deal with my DH, though, because we have gone to Orlando 2 years i a row, we are now planning a safari trip to kenya...He just wasnt satisfied with Animal Kingdom last year....

We will be going back to USF next year sometime.

Patty

Thanks so much for posting! Sound like you had a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter