Day 7 – 12th July, last day in the park

Cyrano

DIS Veteran
Day 7 – 12th July, last day in the park

Cast members

Me – Disney fanatic - I stomped through Disneyland Paris in 1997, since why come to a theme park when you’re in Paris, yes really!
Diane (DP) – Long suffering Disney widow, buts loves it all anyway
Morgan (DD) – 7 year old Disney fan. Favourites BTM, Pirates of the Caribbean
Jack (DS) – 5 year old Disney, Star Wars and Power Rangers fan. Favourite Autopia
Robyn (DD) – 3 year old Disney fan. Loves parades and Casey Jr

Quick recap on yesterday forgot to say that we finally got to Salon Mickey. This is such a haven and I’m sure we’ll come here at least once in a visit.

f320515f.jpg

Everyone is up and ready for breakfast :) so I’m joined by my entourage as we head for the breakfast hut. Good to see that appetites are back :goodvibes:

This will be our last day in the park, so we are hoping for a good one :goodvibes:

It is decided we’ll park in HNY since everyone might not relish the walk from NBC as was our original intended destination.

As usual collection of stroller is our first port of call.

Next stop FP for Peter Pan, next stop FP for BTM – seems like we have been here before ;)
Then it is on to Phantom Manor. DD announces that we need to go on Casey Jr since older DD is getting her ride next. So we duly hot foot to Casey Jr and then all the way back to Frontierland.
I had got 4 FP’s this time, so Morgan and Diane headed on first while Jack and Robyn feasted on popcorn. FP times were 11.40 – 12.10, so Morgan was greatly relived that they returned armed with a photograph receipt at 12.05. Morgan and I braved the early FP ticket arrivals to get to the gate at precisely 12.10. Well to be honest we squeezed through the queue as it was at a standstill.

Diane collected the photograph while we were on BTM and met us at the exit.

Next it had to be Cowboy Cookout for lunch. Best burger as far as I’m concerned. The day was getting warm so we sought some shade outside.

Jack’s turn next so it is off to Autopia. Queue is quite large but we brave it anyway.

Oh no Diane remembers FP’s for Peter Pan. We have to decide what we will do as we doubt the FP window will still be open once we come off Autopia. Thankfully we still have 3 FP’s left from annual passport so it is decided that as the girls have missed a few turns they will go on Peter Pan and Jack and I will go on Orbiton; which Jack has asked for every time we see this ride.

30 minutes later Jack and I are still in the queue so I txt the girls to say meet us at the ride rather than passport bureau. In all we are about an hour for this ride. Really just a slightly faster Dumbo ride, but in a rocket ship. DS is happy though.

f32051b8.jpg

Our treat this year will be Character buffet at Inventions. So it is off to City Hall to book the reservation for 6.00pm.

Since it will soon be the parade we decide to secure a stop beside City hall while Diane does some personal shopping, dropping bags off at the stroller in-between spends.

f32051ac.jpg

f320519d.jpg

Wander around for a bit and then made our way to Disneyland Hotel. Looked around soaking up the atmosphere and then went to concierge since we could find no signs saying where Inventions restaurant was located.
Up the stairs we pass by the shop and then Piano bar and locate Inventions.
We are located in the back area which has a lovely view of the park. On first arrival there is only 2 tables filled so the atmosphere is quite cold. We wonder if Café Mickey would have been a better choice?

f3205184.jpg

Once our server Claude had introduced us to how the buffet worked Gideon arrived. Well that was it we are staying now :)

f320516d.jpg

The food was great, although some of the main courses could have been a tad warmer. We made a few visits. The cold starters, seafood, carvery and deserts.
Characters were great with the troops, although I have to say we were disappointed that we only saw Gideon, Goofy, Eeyore and Pluto.

Now we had a 20% food discount voucher which made this more reasonable but on reflection €90 for supper with only 4 characters was poor.

We walked back to the car with heels slightly dragging as we would be packing the cases this evening.

Hats off to Diane who had the cases packed in record time. Mind you I think we took bits of the cabin home in them as I nearly did myself a mischief packing them in the car ;)

We enjoyed our last night out on the picnic table with essentials :)

Reid

Oh I feel quite sad reading this, I always hate the end of a holiday.:sad1:

What a lovely photo of Chip and Dale in the parade.:goodvibes

Hats off to Diane who had the cases packed in record time. Mind you I think we took bits of the cabin home in them as I nearly did myself a mischief packing them in the car

:rotfl:

Reid, I think I spy you in the photo you know :teeth: what happened to your other side? ;)

I think if I paid that money for Inventions I would expect top class nosh :) not food that wasn't warm. Maybe they had an off night?

Another great day though I am sad it is your last one :(

I'm glad we did Inventions, but not sure whether we would go back - depends how funds were ;)

I'll post up Day 8 and summary later this evening :teeth:

Reid

Reid - it's good to see the glimpse of you on Orbitron. I love the way you've gradually introduced yourself - first the back, then the side and finally this one!!! ;)

Thanks for a great report! :goodvibes

Reid

Day 8 !!!!!!!!! Some people are just so greedy !:)
Enjoyed reading the reports the photos are lovely. I agree with you about Inventions
I remember going on Orbitron in WDW I think, it scared the socks off me
Look forward to Day 8, but I am jealous;)

Hi reid,,
Wow, salon Mickey just looks better and better! :sunny:

I am sorry you didn't feel you got value for money at Inventions - especially as I think I have recommended it a few times. :sad1: Lets hope Miffy was right and they were having an off night.......sounds like you had a great day anyway. :goodvibes

Loved all the reports - THANK YOU, and you can be sure if we stay at DCR again that essentials will be top of the shopping list. ::yes::

Kaye

Bexx said:
Reid - it's good to see the glimpse of you on Orbitron. I love the way you've gradually introduced yourself - first the back, then the side and finally this one!!! ;)

Thanks for a great report! :goodvibes

Thanks Becky, did my ego the power if good realising that I was just teasing you :teeth:

Reid

bonhoga said:
Hi reid,,
I am sorry you didn't feel you got value for money at Inventions - especially as I think I have recommended it a few times. :sad1: Lets hope Miffy was right and they were having an off night.......sounds like you had a great day anyway. :goodvibes

Loved all the reports - THANK YOU, and you can be sure if we stay at DCR again that essentials will be top of the shopping list. ::yes::

Kaye

I think I would still recommend it, at least for one try. :)

Reid

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter