• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Nickylv

DIS Veteran
Up and making coffee. Had one cup and made a to-go cup to take to the beach. We gathered our chairs and out to the long walk (kidding) to the beach, elevator down to the parking level and up the walkway about 30 steps and on the beach. There are only 9 condos in this complex, ours is on the third floor (Top floor)and fully renovated and very upscale. All the condos are directly on the ocean. There is a pool that goes from 3 feet to 6 feet. After a little more than an hour on the beach we decided to go back up for some lunch. On our walk off the beach we looked up to see a stunt plane in a death drop and then coming back up and spinning upside down, then it went straight up and looped upside down, wonder if that is a plane tour and they are freaking out the customers sitting in the plane. I would be freaking out! Really cool to watch from the ground. Maybe we will hit the pool later. Made reservations at Amichi Italian restaurant for 6:30.

After lunch we went down to the pool and the water was freezing. We tried to go in but to no avail, way to cold to ever get used to, so we decided to go back out to the beach. There we sat right at the foot of the waves for about 2 hours. Yes the water was much warmer and easy to get used to. We soon went back up to our place and sat out on the porch until it was time to start getting ready for dinner. While the last couple of restaurants were dress up, this one is just shorts and t-shirt.

While sitting out on the porch we were watching a couple getting married right on the beach directly in front of our place. Best place to have a wedding. Looks like their reception is going to be held two doors down in the back yard of a single story home.

Half hour later I found I was wrong, it is a second couple getting married in front of a hand made flower covered trellis as the ground was covered in white rose petals. Wow two weddings back to back in a three house area. We are on the third floor so we get to see everything going on.

Time to get ready for dinner. All showered and dressed I go back out on the porch and on the walkway to the beach is the couple that just got married in the back yard heading out to the beach for pictures, and in the walkway directly next to our unit is still another wedding couple walking up to the beach, (couple three) they looked over to the back yard couple that was also walking up to the beach and both couples turned to each other and waved, almost looked rehearsed but it wasn’t. The couple on the walkway in-front of our condo were by themselves. They stopped by the dunes and were taking selfies since there was no one else with them to take their pictures. I ran down the stairs and told them I saw they were by them selves and that I would take the pictures for them if they would like, they were very appreciative. They told me they got married on the bay and before going to the reception they thought at the last minute to slip away by themselves and take some pictures by the ocean. So after many pictures I wished them well and went back up to our place where my wife was standing on the porch and said that was really nice that you did that for them and showed me a picture she took of me taking pictures of the bride and groom.

My sister in law had her wedding on Disneys Castaway Cay in the Bahamas over looking the ocean. 60 family members all went on the Disney Cruise and when we arrived at the island the ceremony was held with the ocean in the background and then back to the ship for the reception. This was a few years back in early October, it had to be 100 degrees and 100% humidity and my sister in law insisted on full gowns for the ladies and tuxes for the men, I must have lost 20lbs during that out door ceremony.

Well its time to go to dinner. Arriving for our 6:30 reservation at Amichi’s Italian restaurant on the corner of A1A Beach and A1A. We were seated immediately. My wife ordered spaghetti and meatballs with a marinara sauce and I ordered lobster Provençal which is a lobster tail cut up in a white cream sauce similar to a Alfredo sauce only much lighter and not thick. It had tomatoes and mushrooms mixed in and this was over angle hair pasta. The lobster was large chunks and tender and flavorful, the sauce was light and flavorful with the veggies and angle hair. I would say this was excellent and would order it again if I were to go back there this trip. My wife liked her meal but as she said it was just spaghetti and meatballs but she did enjoy it. We had a total of three drinks and the bill was a whopping $73. With tax.

Coming from Las Vegas area (I say area because we live in Henderson) I would say the food here in St Augustine is about half the price as Vegas. After dinner we relaxed on the couch and then watched a few episodes of a series we watch and soon retired for the evening. To be continued.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter