• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Day Bed - Beach Club Rooms

scoobydooby2016

Mouseketeer
Watching U Tube I have realised with some horror that not all rooms have a day bed at the Beach Club. I will be travelling with DH and DS, 19 and DD, 16. It will we awful without a day bed. How many rooms don’t have them? Thanks.

I don't know an exact number, but you are correct, some rooms do not have them (we've stayed in a room without a day bed). If I were you, I would make "day bed" my one and only request on my reservation. I would call WDW and have it noted on the reservation. If you aren't assigned one initially, ask the front desk if they can re-assign you.

We've lucked out and gotten the day bed every time we've stayed there. I'd definitely request it and ask at the check-in desk if you have been assigned a room with one. If not, let them know you'd like to wait for a room with the day bed. Having said that, unless your teens are very small either one would probably be uncomfortable sleeping on the day bed. It's ok for our DD10, but a teen who is the size of an adult would be cramped.

Honestly, quite a few don't have them. You can request a roll away at no charge if it will fit in your room. I am 5'9" and fit just fine on the Disney day beds other than the Contemporary that seems smaller for some reason. As PP said I would make that your only request but be prepared as they are given to parties of 5 first.

We have had rooms without the daybeds before at BC. We've been able to get a roll a way 2xs with no problem-we were staying CL and there weren't rooms available to switch. It does eat up room but makes the sleeping arrangements better.

Yup, stayed in rooms in both the YC and BC with no daybed. Make it your only request.

We've lucked out and gotten the day bed every time we've stayed there. I'd definitely request it and ask at the check-in desk if you have been assigned a room with one. If not, let them know you'd like to wait for a room with the day bed. Having said that, unless your teens are very small either one would probably be uncomfortable sleeping on the day bed. It's ok for our DD10, but a teen who is the size of an adult would be cramped.

I'm 5'2" and I'm fine on the deluxe day beds including the ones at BC.

I have always requested the daybed as I have 1 daughter and 1 son and having the separate sleeping spaces is ideal. All but 1 time, we have gotten a room with the daybed (which is the size of a twin bed). The one time that we didn't, they provided a roll away bed free of charge. The BC is a great place to stay and I am sure that you will have a great trip!

Thanks all. It’s reassuring to know we could get a rollaway if needed. The last daybed we had here was a double, big enough for an adult.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter