Day to visit

albertro

Mouseketeer
Hi All,

We have a last minute trip to Disney from June 5-10. I know is going to be crowded, but need recommendations on which day will be better option to visit Magic Kingdom: Thursday June 6 or Sunday June 9.

Appreciate your comments.

Agree with PP, small crowd level difference per Touring Plans, the crowd calendar has the 6th as a level 7 and the 9th as a level 6, so negligible difference really. I would just decide based on what is best for your schedule and what you want to accomplish. We've been a bunch in early and late June and have never found the crowds to be unmanageable.

It makes no difference whatsoever. Really. There's no way to know how crowded it will be. Early June is a relatively "slow" time. Weekends are generally busier than weekdays, but I don't think it'll really be an issue for you either way.

It probably doesn't matter, but a general rule is that the parks are a little less crowded on a weekday.

I agree since locals with an annual pass are probably more likely to go on a weekend vs. weekday when most are working and schools are still in session. I wouldn't bother with those 3rd party estimates of crowd size since they are mostly wild guesses based on historical data. Even Disney has no idea who will show up on a given day staying at an offsite hotel or those with annual passes who decide to go at the last minute.

If I had a choice I would go with Thursday just to avoid the possibility of a weekend crowd from the locals. But you likely wouldn't notice any difference to be honest. The idea of a low-crowd day/time has quickly become outdated. There are just crowds now.

Thanks everyone for your comments. We will go on Thursday hoping crowds are less than in the weekend.

Hi All,

We have a last minute trip to Disney from June 5-10. I know is going to be crowded, but need recommendations on which day will be better option to visit Magic Kingdom: Thursday June 6 or Sunday June 9.

Appreciate your comments.
We'll be there the exact days. I picked Thurs as our MK day. We always go in early June since DD has started school. We used to go in May which I loved! Are you staying on or offsite?

We'll be there the exact days. I picked Thurs as our MK day. We always go in early June since DD has started school. We used to go in May which I loved! Are you staying on or offsite?

Will be staying off site this time. We are in the same boat, used to travel in September or early November but DD (5) is now in school and we need to travel either summer or Christmas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter