• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Day trip from Paris - Disney shuttle or train? Tips? Thoughts on a day trip?

spankswife

Mouseketeer
We will be in Paris for about 9 days, and we want to take a day trip to Disney. We would probably do both parks, but the rides, castle pics, just some highlights. Our kids will be 14 & 9, and we are AP, so we don’t have to do everything but also can’t go to Paris and not go to Disney!

Should we take the Disney shuttle from the city or the train? Any thoughts or tips? Care to share your experience?

We might get the premiere pass too since it’s sort of a bucket list trip.

I don't think there is a Disney shuttle from the city center, maybe you've looked at private service?
Anyway, the train is very convenient. It's the RER A and it goes through Paris. If you have an hotel in the city center you likely are near a stop or you can get it with one line change.
The parks are right outside the station of Marne la Vallee. Security checks are literaly 1 minute from the station exit. It's also cheap (around 10 euro return, I think).
Unless for some reason you want avoid public transports at all costs, the RER is the way to go.

Look up " Park Astrix " for another Theme Park Your children are the right age for this Park

My daughter and friends recently took the Disney shuttle from the Eiffel tower to Disneyland and back. They were picked up at 8-ish in the morning and returned after 10 P.M. The round trip was approximately 2.5 hours.

Personally this would be too exhausting for me.

I take it you mean you are an AP holder in one of the US parks not an AP holder in Paris?

They do indeed offer a bus service between the city and the parks, but I would take the train or a private car to be in control of your arrival time. And maximize your time in the parks.

Last summer we did the same thing. The RER A train is inexpensive and goes right from Paris to the park. You just need to get to one of the stations where it stops.
We splurged on the premier pass for the same reason. We may never get back there again. Plus our feet were tired from all the walking we did touring Europe lol.

We hired a private car, we didn't want to hassle with the luggage on the train. We knew the train station was near the parks, but were shocked that it is literally just outside the entrance. Still, schlepping the luggage was a no-go for us, the car was money well spent. Of course there's not much baggage involved on a day trip.

I'm also thinking of a day trip to Disneyland Paris. I'm on a tour that was to include a day in Giverny and Monet's gardens, but that's been changed to Fontainbleau Palace blah, blah the details are unimportant. I'm considering not going on the tour that day, and going to Disneyland instead. I will be at the Holiday Inn Bastille Gare de Lyon, and on a Paris Metro map.
https://metromap.fr/en
I see there is a train station nearby on the red line. Does anyone know if I can get the train to Disneyland from there? Or do I have to go to another station. I suppose I can get that information from the hotel when I'm there, but I'm a disney planner.

I'm also thinking of a day trip to Disneyland Paris. I'm on a tour that was to include a day in Giverny and Monet's gardens, but that's been changed to Fontainbleau Palace blah, blah the details are unimportant. I'm considering not going on the tour that day, and going to Disneyland instead. I will be at the Holiday Inn Bastille Gare de Lyon, and on a Paris Metro map.
https://metromap.fr/en
I see there is a train station nearby on the red line. Does anyone know if I can get the train to Disneyland from there? Or do I have to go to another station. I suppose I can get that information from the hotel when I'm there, but I'm a disney planner.
Use Googlemaps, it is reliable for this. If that's not the most convenient station for your trip, it will show you other nearby options. Just fill in the address of your hotel and not the name.

When are you going to Paris? The RER A (red line) will be interrupted for engineering works this summer.
If it's not in the immediate future, yes, the RER A is extremely convenient to Disneyland Paris. The station exit is nearer to the DLP security checks than the bus loop at MK.

We did a day trip to Disneyland Paris as part of our week in Paris (left early in the morning and returned to our Paris accomodation very late that night). It was a big day, but perfect for our purposes. The Permier Pass was 100% worth it, and enabled us to have a really fun day (and made it not so tiring).

When are you going to Paris? The RER A (red line) will be interrupted for engineering works this summer.
If it's not in the immediate future, yes, the RER A is extremely convenient to Disneyland Paris. The station exit is nearer to the DLP security checks than the bus loop at MK.
Thank you @zavandor ! We are transferring from our Paris hotel to DLP during the service interruption. I just used the Route Simulator to find an alternate train route, so I thought I'd share it here for anyone else in a similar boat. https://rera-leblog.fr/simulateur-travaux-2023/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter