Days 1-7 - Live from the Yacht Club - 11/18 to 11/25 Updated 11/25

thompsonsstation2dis

Mouseketeer
Hello All! I decided that it was easier to type our reviews as we go while we are actually here...otherwise I am bound to completely forget anything and everything important! Please note, I have not entered into the realm of taking pictures of our food as we typically dive in without a moment to spare. My apologies to those who love to see the pictures (as do I!). Also, we paid OOP for everything.

Our party consists of me - 31, DH - 40, and stepson 18. We are here as our last "family" vacation before my stepson leaves for active duty in the Air Force. My DH retired from the Air Force last year so this is an emotional time for us as we end one career and start another. NOW..on to the reviews (I'll add to this thread as the days continue).

Day 1 (Nov. 18):
50s Prime Time Cafe - Our ADR was at 7:10 PM. However, we checked in about 35 minutes early as we were tired and hungry. There were a ton of people waiting so we had no ideas that we would get seated early We just cozied up to the bar and had several drinks. The Island Smash (or something like that) was there special for $9.95. Pretty steep for basically a bunch of fruit juices and a little vodka. But it WAS good! However, DH had an ameretto sour which I switched to as well. It had sort of an odd flavor but in a very tasty way. As a side note, there was interesting banter between the 2 bartenders as they did not agree on how to make a sex on the beach. Ever seen a purple one? Evidently the people who ordered them had not either!!

We were seated at exactly 7:10. Note: they may add "kids" to the end of your last name which makes you think they aren't calling your name (especially after 2 mixed drinks!). We were seated in Erika's section. She was friendly and seemed to be the type to be in full character with those who seemed up to it but toned it down for those (like us) that seemed like we were totally beat. Aunt Claire was working the table next to us and was hilarious! We split onions rings for an appetizer which were soggy, greasy and totally delicious in a starving, I'll eat anything kind of way. They were gone in about 10 seconds! We all ordered the fried chicken, mashed potatoes and greens. The mashed potatoes and greens were excellent. The chicken was not far from Banquet chicken but still tasted pretty good. Splitting an appetizer, 3 entrees, 2 milkshakes, and a water with tip (20%) was $72.00.

Summary: Pretty good food, tables may be very close together, interactive wait staff. Would go again but only if not making a special trip to MGM just to eat there. B+

Day 2: November 19

Cape May Cafe: We had a 7:30 ADR for the character breakfast. I enjoyed the early ADR time as the buffet is fresh and not picked over. Not to mention the crowd is smaller and more interaction with the characters. First the food - actually wonderful as far as breakfast buffets go! Hot, fresh waffles, eggs, bacon, sausage...the normal spread. I did not eat anything that was not delicious. Characters - we are quick eaters and don't have small children in our party. Therefore, we don't require much time! We saw Chip, Minnie & Goofy. We loved Goofy the best! We had a really nice waitress here. $72 for 3 with a 20% tip ( I know it was a buffet but she was really good).

Summary: Terrific service, good character interaction, wonderful hot, fresh food. A

Nine Dragons: We ate lunch here despite reading all of the bad reviews. It was really good in our opinion - but in a PF Chang kind of way. DH & SS had wonton soup and the honey chicken. I had hot & sour soup and the Kung Bau chicken. DH & SS loved their food. Mine was really good as well - SPICY! That is how I like it, but I have to say that the Hot & Sour soup was not only hot temperature wise but was also the hottest spicy wise I have ever had. Service was EXCELLENT here - refill after refill! They also have good fortune cookies (even if they are in a plastic wrapper :)) We paid $70 for 3 people including a 20% tip.

Summary: Enjoyed Nine Dragons although I do agree with many who have said that it is more expensive then your local restaurant and about the same quality. A-

Beaches & Cream: Afternoon snack consisting of 1 coke float, 1 brownie sundae, and 1 No Way Jose! We really enjoyed everything - HUGE sundaes loaded with hot fudge and ice cream. This was a great stop for us on the way back to the hotel since we are staying at the Yacht Club. I'm not sure I would make any type of special trip, but if I was already in the area I would highly recommend it. Total was $26 including 20% tip. Rating: A

We are supposed to eat at Marrakesh tonight but we are going to change it....as we won Epcot to ourselves tonight & VIP fireworks viewing as part of the YOAMD!!!! I'll include THAT in my trip report coming later! Will update the food reviews as we continue to eat.....

:cool1: Thanks for reading!!

Day 2 11/19 Continued:

Marrakesh
: We ended up changing our ADR to an earlier time so we could still try it out AND experience our YOAMD prize. We are SO glad that we did! We were seated immediately at a table up the few stairs. It had a great view of the restaurant and the belly dancer/music entertainment.

The three of us ordered the Royal Feast which consisted of soup, beef brewat, chicken, lamb, cous cous, and pastries for dessert. The pre-dinner bread was a very nice whole grain bread that we all enjoyed. The soup was ok in my opinion but DH & SS ate it all. The chicken, lamb and cous cous were all very tasty. The dessert was extremely cold - like it had been frozen and had not thawed completely. DH & I also tried some of the mixed drinks. I had the Sahara Sunrise (or something close to that) - very good. Husband had the Moroccan something or other and I thought it just tasted like Malibu.

The service was absolutely outstanding. I know people have expressed concern lately that the service had gone downhill at WDW as a whole, but we have been blessed with great service everywhere we have gone. To show how good our waiter was - he made one mistake - a big one, where he charged the wrong ticket to our card. In any other circumstance we probably would have been ticked, but he was so friendly and johnny on the spot that we just laughed and got it corrected. (No other party was affected). It was $163 for the three of us (including a BIG tip and 3 mixed drinks) :rolleyes1

Summary: Interesting food (except the soup - like luke warm vegetable soup), great service, not very crowded. Grade: A

Tomorrow (if all goes well): Yacht Club Galley & Teppenyaki :)

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

Wow -- I'm on the edge of my seat to hear more! Your reviews are great, we we head down in 11 days, staying at YC for the first time (we've only ever done the monorail resorts before) so your experiences are particularly interesting to me! I also must say I love to read reports from people who roll with it and basically want to have a good time; sometimes people get so hung up on clinging to every negative moment that it seems like they forgot they went to WDW to have fun :rolleyes:

Day 3 Mon November 20

Yacht Club Galley: We had an 8 AM ADR but got down there about 7:30. No wait and were seated immediately. We chose not to do the buffet and to order ala carte instead. I had a cafe latte and sausage/cheese omelet. DH had eggs/potatoes/bacon/biscuit and SS had chocolate chip pancakes. Everything was pretty tasty - in my opinion it is difficult to completely screw up breakfast. The waiter was rather slow which may be attributed to us ordering and not doing the buffet. We would eat here again in a pinch, but I thought Cape May was much better. However, Cape May was also much more expensive. Breakfast at YCG for the 3 of us was $41.75 including a 15% tip.

Summary: Standard breakfast fare, decent tasting, slow service. Grade: B

Casey's Corner:: Lunch at MK consisted of three hot dogs with fries and three cokes. We ate here because we were getting ready to get stuck in the people traffic around the castle for the lunchtime show. Luckily we got right in and were able to grab one of the small tables out front for the three of us. This was okay but I would not recommend it unless you are looking for a quick bite that does not have to taste real well! I will say that the five year old kids next to us eating the corn dog nuggets looked much happier than we did! :rotfl: Also, beware of ducks! They expect crumbs! We didn't oblige but there were plenty of people who felt like the "don't feed the birds" sign didn't apply to them :confused3 Lunch for three was $26.

Summary: Okay, but not really all that good! Grade: C +

Beaches & Cream: Well....eating lunch at 11 AM and having dinner reservations at 8 PM means another stop at B&C halfway through the afternoon! :rotfl2: What's a girl (and her 2 fella's) to do?! We had about a 10 minute wait for a table today, but it was fine as we enjoyed the fresh air. I had a chocolate shake (they were out of lime juice for a Lime Rickey which is what I really wanted!), DH had a vanilla Coke, SS a coke float and we all shared onion rings. Pretty tasty! Onion rings were nice and hot as well as crispy. My shake was okay, but if you don't like sprinkles tell them to hold them. I never got a smooth sip and felt like I had to chew my shake! :) The vanilla coke was more coke than vanilla but still tasted good. SS loved his coke float. Price - $20 even with a 20% tip.

Summary: Same as yesterday's review - not worth a special trip but nice for a snack.

Coming up: Teppenyaki for dinner tonight! Other scheduled stops coming in the next few days: Whispering Canyon, Afternoon tea at the Grand Floridian, Spoodles, Ohana, Konas, and California Grill.

Thanks for reading! :)

bleeps said:
Wow -- I'm on the edge of my seat to hear more! Your reviews are great, we we head down in 11 days, staying at YC for the first time (we've only ever done the monorail resorts before) so your experiences are particularly interesting to me! I also must say I love to read reports from people who roll with it and basically want to have a good time; sometimes people get so hung up on clinging to every negative moment that it seems like they forgot they went to WDW to have fun :rolleyes:

Thanks! We have really enjoyed eating our way through the world! Everytime I ask my DH if he is hungry he just tells me that he can ALWAYS eat! MEN!

This is our first time at the YC as well. We had only ever stayed at the Polynesian prior to this. If you have any questions at all just let me know!

WOW! CONGRATULATIONS ON WINNING! :cool1:
I'm a bit late on catching this thread! But I totally understand not being able to take pictures of your food!

If you have the chance & like steak, try to get to the Yachtsman Steakhouse it's really good! Thanks for the reviews, especially while your on vacation! :thumbsup2

thompsonsstation2dis said:
Thanks! We have really enjoyed eating our way through the world! Everytime I ask my DH if he is hungry he just tells me that he can ALWAYS eat! MEN!

This is our first time at the YC as well. We had only ever stayed at the Polynesian prior to this. If you have any questions at all just let me know!

LOL -- my DH also always seems ready/able to eat!

We did love the Poly but found the walking to/from GCH sometimes a bit much (esp. since we had some drizzly weather, and we were in Tahiti -- which we LOVED -- but it's one of the farthest out longhouses). How would you rate the soundproofing of the rooms/quietness of the resort? I know how tough that one is since it SO depends on the courtesy (or not) of your neighbors. But still, some places you can hear the people above you walking around and some places you can't... Have you made use of the pools and/or hot tubs? Any feedback there? I'm wondering what the sand-bottom pool will feel like! (We're die-hard users of the pool/hot tub -- even if it's a bit chilly we'll brave it if only for a short dip.) How long is the walk over to B&C? Any chance you've tried the Boardwalk Bakery at breakfast time?

Weirdly, the new vacation planning DVD only mentions the boat from YC to MGM -- isn't there also an EPCOT boat (although I've read it's faster to walk esp. if the boat isn't right at the dock when you're out there)? Generally, how have you found the transportation/buses? Gosh, I'll stop now -- I'll just appreciate anything you care to share!

Thanks for your reviews! Even better that they're live! Thanks to your DH and stepson for serving our country!

Day 3 Cont Monday (11/20):

Teppenyaki:: We had a 7:30 ADR for Teppenyaki but checked in about 35 minutes early because we were tired, cold and hungry. As luck would have it they sat us within 3 minutes of us checking in. We had a very nice family of 5 sitting with us and also had a terrific cook & waitress. I ordered the California roll (split with DH), the sirloin, and 2 Mount Fujis. DH also had the sirloin and the iced green tea which looked disgusting but he loved it. SS had the California roll as well and the chicken/shrimp combo. All of it was very tasty and is served with a ginger sauce and a mustard sauce. Overall we liked it but we have a favorite Japanese chain (Miyabi Kyotos for any of you familiar with the Myrtle Beach, Knoxville, and Fayetteville NC locations) that we think is much better. It cost $140 for the three of us including a 20% tip.

Summary: Good food, same as most Japanese steakhouse chains, friendly service and very nice cook. Grade: A-

Day 4 Tuesday November 21:

Breakfast: Brown sugar & cinnamon poptarts in room with bottled water brought from home. :cool1: Can we say that I was tired of eggs and bacon already! Grade: A+ and cost $6.00 for a 12 pack of water and a box of poptarts.

Earl of Sandwich: DH and I went shopping at Downtown Disney today and ate at Earl of Sandwich for a very early lunch. A poptart does not last long!! DH and I both ordered the original which is roast beef, cheddar and horseradish sauce. We had a bag of chips as a side. The set up is slightly confusing if you have never been before. You order your sandwich/wrap/salad at the first register. Then you go to a different register to pay for it along with any drinks/sides/desserts etc. You then wait for your number to be called. It was not rocket science or anything, but when you have a bunch of clueless tourists (us included :)) a little direction would be nice. The sandwiches themselves were very fresh, bread was just baked - I loved mine. DH is not a huge fan of mooing roast beef and you guessed it - he had the mooing cow on his. I tried to give him some of mine which was much more well done, but he said he didn't want it. Good! So I ate all of it! Serves him right for me trying to be nice. :rotfl2: It was about $17 for the two of us including 2 fountain drinks. Grade: B+

Tea at the Grand Floridian: DH and I had this as our afternoon snack today. This was our first time having "tea". We are what I like to call snobby rednecks - we really like nice high fallutin' things, but we probably look like a couple of hillbillys. :teeth: ANYWAY...we both ordered the grand tea. We each had a nice glass of sparkling wine with a big strawberry on top. I never know what to do with those things when they are on the glass like that! I ordered a very fruity tea which I have already forgotten the name of it! DH had the green tea. Both were VERY good especially with a sugar cube (or two). The tea sandwiches were egg salad, chicken salad, shrimp salad, pear & gorgonzola, and watercress/cucumber. All were good but the watercress. DH thought all were good but the pear & gorgonzola. We then each had a scone (which the lady two tables down sniffed that it was NOT a scone - it was just a biscuit. Evidently she knew more than the waitress ;) ). The cream for the scone was delicious and even the raisins tasted good which I don't normally like. Finally, we each chose two pastries which were very nice. Overall it was nice experience. Our waitress was not the warmest person but by the end (tip time) seemed a little more friendly. It was $63 including a 20% tip (since she had to serve so many little plates!).

Summary: Nice, quiet and relaxing break for the afternoon. Would probably do this again at the GF. Food was interesting and tasty. Grade: A

Coming up: Ohana for dinner tonight. :)

Day 4 Continued

Ohana: First of all, let me just say that you can tell the Thanksgiving crowds have finally started to arrive. The first few days of our vacation we felt like it was the off season. That being said, we checked in at Ohana an hour early with a ton of people waiting for a table. I'm embarrassed to say that we got seated in 3 minutes ahead of all of those people. I can only assume that since we were a party of 3 we lucked out because they had a table available that truly could only sit 3. We had a window table on the marina side of the restaurant.

First the food: we really like the new menu - actually better than the old. The scalloped potatoes were delicious because they were crunchy on top from baking. The honey wings had a strange taste to me that I could only associate with cleaning fluid but DH loved them. My SS was the only one who ate any of the shrimp since DH is allergic and I don't like my food with legs! :sad2: I guess I'm not telling you the food in order...first was the salad (mixed greens with barely any dressing), fried wontons with 3 sauces (very yummy - especially the super salty peanut sauce), shrimp, potatoes, meat skewers, veggies, and banana dessert. The meat was pretty tasty although the steak had quite a bit of fat. DH loved all of it. The proof was the empty plate! The banana dessert was also really good with the caramel sauce poured on top. YUM. I had 2 Island Sunsets (sort of like a melted push up with some pineapple thrown in) and DH had 2 Lapu Lapus which I thought tasted like pineapple and sprite (it is not made of that by the way).

The service: It was kind of hit and miss and feast or famine. You either had a lot of food or you were waiting for what seemed like forever for the next course. She was friendly when available but mostly out of sight.

The atmosphere: Please don't flame me for sounding like I'm not kid friendly....we absolutely hate the atmosphere in Ohana. We LOVE the food which is why we went back this time, but the coconut races every 30 minutes are overwhelming. Even the waitress (I promise we did not prompt her...) said she hates that part of the night. :lmao: It's sort of cute the first time, but seeing it at least 3 times in an average meal there gets annoying. The tables are also on top of each other which is why I think they tell you from the get go that everyone is family at Ohana :teeth:

Dinner for 3 including about an 18% tip was $153

Summary: Food was really good (minus the salad), service was mediocre, and the atmosphere is blah. Grade: B

Day 5 Wednesday Nov 22

Yacht Club Room Service: We preordered the Admiral's Choice family style breakfast the last night. It was delivered hot & fresh at 8:05 AM (after we had chose 8 - 8:30 as a delivery time). It is a TON of food and we left most of it. There were scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, fresh fruit, mickey waffles, pancakes, OJ and coffee. Price including an extra tip for personable room service attendant and great set up was $77. Grade: A

Margaritaville: Today was our day to venture off of Disney and do Universal and IOA. Not all that impressed myself, but SS really wanted to go. We ate lunch at Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville. Although we had very good service, Margaritaville food is just plain yuck. We have eaten at the one at Broadway at the Beach in Myrtle Beach and thought the food was blah. Thought we'd give it another chance - won't be getting another! I had the Mexicali burger (cheese, peppers, supposed to be shredded lettuce but was about 3 huge pieces of iceburg, and spicy salsa). The patty was obviously a frozen piece of meat and it had no texture or flavor. SS had the fajita chicken sandwhich that he said was ok and DH had the best looking item - pulled pork sandwich. For the three of us it was $44 including a 20% tip.

Summary: Do NOT go there to eat....just go to drink & buy a t-shirt. Grade: D

Krispie Mickey with Chocolate: Afternoon snack - always a winner! :)

Rose & Crown: This was an unplanned stop as we had no ADRs for tonight since we weren't sure when we would get back from Universal. We walked up to a sizeable crowd waiting....but once again luck was on our side and we were seated immediately on the lower outdoor deck. :goodvibes We were in the corner by the railing at the water and had a stupendous view of the lake and world showcase. Even better than that was the fact we had Will as our waiter. Can I just say that I loved him? He was everything you want in a waiter and more! He suggested which Cider I should try and then after a pint of it he convinced me to try the Snakebite. It was GOOD, I mean REALLY GOOD. DH had the Guinness half yard.

The food was enjoyed by all as well. DH and I both had the steak & fish. The steak was not a terrific cut of meat but it tasted really good with the horseradish aoili. The fish was good with the malt vinegar and tartar sauce. DH loved the mashed potatoes and that comes from someone who does not typically like them. SS had the vegetarian offering which was phyllo dough and sauce/veggies inside. He seemed to like it. No, he is NOT a vegetarian - he was just mad at us at the time and likes to punish us by not eating as he normally would :rotfl: The cheddar rolls and butter were just okay that are brought out.

Summary: Total for the 3 of us consisting of 3 entrees, 2 pints, 1 half yard and a coke plus a huge tip (I'm not even going to say how much I tipped, but I just loved that waiter! :teeth: ) was $135. Grade: A +

Snacks: Later snacks consisted of popcorn and a funnel cake w/ chocolate at the Boardwalk. For some reason we were just hungry all day today. :)

Thanks for the reviews. You and I must be the only ones who don't like the wings at 'Ohana. My family devoured them, while I thought they tasted ... strange.

Great reviews. Over here in the UK, snakebite is one of those drinks that is the first alcohol you try as a teenager and the first one you regret :lmao: Next time, ask for snakebite black, and if they are british, they will know to put some blackcurrant cordial in it, helps it go down easier for some ;) Sounds like you're having some great eating and congratulations on your YOAMD win,

Day 6 November 23 - Turkey Day (Without the Turkey!)

Yacht Club Room Service: We ended up doing room service breakfast again. We had planned on picking something up from the Boardwalk Bakery last night. However, when we got there some idiot guy had his hands full and instead of waiting for someone to get the door or slowly backing out like a normal person, he decided to kick the door as hard as he could right where DH and I were coming in. He didn't hit us but it set the tone for the experience because the small area in the bakery was filled with bickering people, parents yelling at their kids....AHHHHHH!!!! So we went back to the YC empty handed. My apologies for digressing...back to the YC room service! Once again, it was on time and pretty good. DH had the eggs/bacon/toast/potatoes and SS had the French Toast. I had a wonderful bowl of Rice Krispies and milk. As I've said before - it is difficult IMO to screw up breakfast too bad. This was no exception. $55 for the three of us.

Summary: Easy, ontime, decent breakfast fare without the hassle of crowds. Grade: A

Peanut Butter Krispie Snack: This time we tried the peanut butter treat from the Main Street Confectionary while sitting by Liberty Tree Tavern. It was good but I hope someone can help me - am I dreaming that in the past the peanut butter krispie was actually made with peanut butter in the krispie itself and not just as a chips on top? I was disappointed that it was not how my memory told me it was! $10 for 3 Grade B (just because it wasn't what I really wanted) :)

Lotus Cafe: Well, it is Turkey Day and we all know how hard to get an ADR is when you change plans. We originally had noon LTT but then we decided we would be at Universal on Turkey Day so we canceled. THEN we changed our mind and decided to all but one day at WDW. By the time I realized I needed an ADR for today due to the change in plans the only thing left was Kona at 2:10. That would have been fine but we arrived at the Poly at like 12:00 PM and we were hungry. The limited menu did not sound as good to us as the regular menu so we headed back to Epcot and ate CS chinese. And we loved it! We all had the twice cooked beef & rice bowl and ordered 2 sides of egg rolls. We could not finish it all! The beef was very spicy and DH loved the pickled veggies. He thought it was better than Korean kimchi. It was not crowded at all and we had no problem getting a table. We love any kind of asian food so this may not be for everyone. It was around $40 for the three bowls, 2 orders of eggrolls and 3 large Cokes. BTW we accidently originally ordered the childrens meals and when I realized I told her I needed to change it and she said that it was okay for us to order the kids meal if we wanted (which we didn't). :teeth:

Summary: Not a huge variety on the menu but we liked what we ordered, would return when needing a CS meal. Grade: A

It looks like dinner tonight will end up being CS in Epcot as well - probably the Tangeriene Cafe for a shawarma sandwich.

Thanks for reading :goodvibes

fizz13 said:
Great reviews. Over here in the UK, snakebite is one of those drinks that is the first alcohol you try as a teenager and the first one you regret :lmao: Next time, ask for snakebite black, and if they are british, they will know to put some blackcurrant cordial in it, helps it go down easier for some ;) Sounds like you're having some great eating and congratulations on your YOAMD win,

We have an ADR there tomorrow for lunch :teeth: Our waiter also mentioned that the next one for me to try was the snakebite black...unfortunately, I was already feeling the effects of the 2 previous pints. I can't hold my alcohol as well as I used to :rotfl: I will brave it and try it tomorrow :)

Day 6 November 23rd Cont:

Tangierene Cafe: We just wanted something quick from World Showcase prior to hitting Magic Kingdom for the late night hours. DH and I both had the lamb shawarma sandwich while SS had the chicken. These are REALLY good. The morroccan bread was very fresh and then they had meat, lettuce, marinated onions, tomatoes and taziki sauce. There are no sides unless you order separately which we chose not to since we knew we would snack later. I actually liked the food better here than Marrakesh, but of course you don't get the atmosphere since it is counter service. It was about $38 for the three of us to have sandwiches and Cokes. Grade: A

Summary: Quick, VERY tasty, friendly service - definitely would recommend.

Egg Rolls at Magic Kingdom: We snacked on eggrolls and sasmosas near Pirates of the Carribean. DH had a veggie eggroll while SS had the pork/shrimp. They both enjoyed them. I ordered the sasmosas and thought they tasted odd. I gave the second one to DH who liked it. 2 eggrolls, 2 large waters and 1 order of sasmosas was under $20. Grade: B

Ice Cream at Magic Kingdom: We were at MK for about 6 hours last night so we needed another snack which this time we decided on the ice cream place next to the Plaza restaurant on the corner of Main St. I had the hot fudge sundae in the waffle bowl. The waffle bowl was made right then and was VERY yummy. DH & SS each had a coke float. They thought these were better than Beaches and Cream. I think this came up to about $15 for the three of us. I did think it was interesting how fast they can make ice cream to order and cycle people through there! Grade: A

Day 7 November 24th

We slept through breakfast after closing down MK at midnight last night.

Beaches & Cream: We were starving by 11 AM since we slept through breakfast and we knew we could not hold out until after 12 for Rose & Crown. Therefore, we ended up eating burgers and fries at Beaches and Cream. I know we sound boring because we made 3 stops there this trip. It just happened to be convenient for snacks and then today for a quick burger. DH & SS each had a double cheeseburger (humungous!) and fries while mine was the singe with fries. The burgers are also frozen patties but they still tasted delicious. The buns are so soft but are grilled which is how I love them. The fries were hot and fresh (we were the very first customers) and had a seasoned salt on them. You would think after eating all of that there would be no room for ice cream especially at 11:30 AM...but SS ordered a vanilla shake and DH ordered the milky way sundae. That sundae was AWESOME - almost better than the No Way Jose. It had some kind of chocolate chip cake, half a milky way, more butterscotch and hot fudge than you've ever seen....yes, I helped him make his way through it! :rotfl2: It was $61 for the three of us including a 20% tip. We had Dominica as our waitress who was also our first waitress on our first day eating eating there. She is very sweet. Grade: A

Unfortunately, we have changed our plans so many times that we are now left without reservations for tonight :(. We are going to snack around Epcot unless I can fanagle something else....

Thanks for reading! :)

Final Disney Meal!

Yachtsman Steakhouse: I was able to get a 9:10 last minute ADR for DH and I for our last meal at the World. SS had chicken fingers at the Electric Umbrella (?) and did the extra magic hours at Epcot so DH & I could have a "date". A previous poster had recommended this and it was well worth the recommendation!! The service was slightly rushed, but we were so tired by 9:10 last night, it was not an issue at all. DH had the Caesar salad and ribeye witht the recommended wine pairing while I had the lobster bisque and the NY strip. DH loved both the salad and steak although he could not finish it (!). I thought the lobster bisque was very tasty and had quite a bit of lobster meat in it. I really had a taste for lobster last night and was just as pleased with the bisque as I would have been ordering lobster with my steak. My steak was very tasty as well. It was more on the medium rare than medium side, but I can eat it either way. I "borrowed" DH's side of horseradish sauce which made it even better. My steak came with the au gratin potatoes which were REALLY yummy. I think it has crushed up cheese nips on top...if anyone knows for sure, please let me know!! :). 3 glasses of wine, 2 steaks, a salad and soup with tip came to $163. Grade: A

Summary: Very tasty, wonderful cozy atmosphere (near the fireplace), slightly rushed service, highly recommended to us and now by us!

Thanks to all for reading our food around the World. Looking forward to next time!!! :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter