Daytona Beach

Disney721

Earning My Ears
My Husband and I are taking our kids (9,6 and 5) to Daytona Beach this summer. Any suggestions on things to do or see. Ideas on where to eat?
Thanks!

When we went there a few years ago we ate at the Ocean Deck, I think its called. Its just north of the pier on the beach.

Here is our must do's for Daytona
Aunt Catfish's- Great seafood.
Bubba Gumps- the hush pups are wonderful
Daytona Beach Flea Market- http://daytonafleamarket.com/ I can spend the day just walking around.
Cow licks- we love the ice cream and go several times

When are you going? The NASCAR race is July 7th. They have tours at the speedway which we have done several times.

Ponce Intlet has a few neat things to do. It is about 15 minutes from Daytona. Just stay on the main strip and go south, I think. There is a lighthouse and museum that is really well done. We went in the evening for a couple of hours and really enjoyed it. You can climb to the top of the Light House. There is also a small marine center in Ponce Inlet with rescused sea turtles and a few other animals. They had a pool of sting rays and some educational exhibitis. Good activity for a couple hours if it is rainy. Or even if not. My kids were 7 and 11 last summer and enjoyed the few hours we spent there. If you like putt putt there are a couple nice courses on the main strip. We liked Congo falls putt-putt.

I say it a lot to people asking about Daytona...Zeno's Taffy (www.worldsmostfamoustaffy.com). They have the best stuff I have ever had. The store is on the boardwalk on the end near the pier. There are some arcades on the boardwalk.

There are a couple of mini golf places along the main road.

There is a track tour of Daytona International Speedway.

We are going August 13th- August 18th. I know it's going to be hot and humid but it was the only time this summer that worked for us. Thank you for the suggestions!

We love the area, and our kids really enjoyed a side trip to St. Augustine. If there is time, it is a great place rich in history and lots of free/cheap things to do right in their town center.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter