• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DC photos

TiggerT

Earning My Ears
After you select the photos that you want, do they prepare them that day and give them to you, or do they mail them to you? Is there an option to have them mailed home? I am trying to decide if I want to worry about keeping the photos safe for the rest of the vacation and the flight home.

Also, does anyone have a price list on the different photo packages that are offered?

Can you get photos in digital format - for the computer?

I can only answer a couple of your questions. You do get the pictures that day. You can pick them up on the way out. I don't know if they will mail them. The single pictures are $15.99 per picture. They put it in a nice discovery cove folder.
You can get a nice light up picture in a frame (you plug it in) that cost, I think, $40. You can get digital pictures put on a CD but it was very expensive....5 pictures for $100.
You do get one picture free. They take a picture of your family when you first arrive. That picture was also put in a nice folder.
We just did Discovery Cove 2 weeks ago and it was fantastic!!. Have a great time!

Not sure about mailing them. The folder should protect them if they are in the pocket of a suitcase.

You can buy more from home, they give a little white piece of paper with prices on it. I don't know how this is done because you'd have to know the id of the photographs you want. It may be for the ones you've already bought.
Not sure if they have digital photos available. I scanned ours and put them on my website.

My ONLY complaint about DC was the price and quality of the photos. I would have gotten better results with my own camera. As a matter of fact, the Fuji water-proof camera I bought took GREAT pictures. In comparison the pictures taken at my dolphin swim were not composed well, had color balance problems and were REALLY expensive.

From what I remember the packages were about $50.00 and came with a 5x7 and a few key chains etc.. They do have a CD option available for $100.00

I'm sorry but $20.00 for a photo is a little steep. When I was asked to do a survey on the way out, I rated everything good or excellent, EXCEPT for the photo pricing. It would be one thing if they were really good photos, but ours were just so-so.

Anyway, that said, We paid $100.00 for a CD with 5 pictures. Each additional picture was $20.00, but there were only 5 pictures of us, and as it was my eyes were closed in all the photos because of the angle of the sun.

After selecting the photos, the CD was ready to be picked up in 20 minutes. I just tucked it inside the book I was reading and carried in with me on the plane. It also has a re-order number on it, so if it got broken somehow, I'm sure you could call them and they can send you another one ... for a price :smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter