DC with a 4 yr old?

Lorix2

<font color=blue>Pixie and Dylan's mom<br><font co
Hi everyone!

I'm trying to talk my DH into visiting DC. I would pay for my DD9 to swim with the dolphins and myself, DH and DS4 would be on the shore watching her. (I see the minimum age is 6)

Has anyone taken your child this age? Can we all enjoy the rest of the place as a family? I don't know if my son would be allowed in some places because of his age. He LOVES the water as much as my DD and hope we can stay together for the day and not have to switch off or swap. Don't know what to expect as we have never been.

All thoughts, experiences and advice would be greatly appreciated:)

thank you,

Lori

Your 4-year old can wade into the sting ray pool and hand feed them and I bet she'll just love the aviary where exotic birds will perch on her shoulder and eat from her hand. She can even feed the tiny muntjac deer.

I'd say go for it!

deer? omigosh! My kids would be in heaven...they've been following the deer tracks in the snow in our backyard today, they love deer.

How about the Tropical River, I'm guessing you float/swim down and around and come out to an exit somewhere? Can the 4yr old do this with us - they provide the floatation device right, i'm thinking he could do this with us??

thank you Kelly:)

Don't want to be a drag but we took our boys to DC when they were 2 and 4 and they were unbearable. Won't take them back for another 5 years. May have been b/c it was our 4th day in Orlando and we were all tired. Your 4 year old can do everything except the dolphin swim. Boys loved the aviary and playing in the sand. They were terrified of being in the water with fish and stingrays. The park is amazing in every respect though.

I think it would be tough to take a kid there who couldn't do the dolphin swim--if possible, I would wait until everybody can do it. You might consider splitting up that day--one parent stay with the 9-year-old (both can do the dolphin swim, then)--and let the other parent go somewhere else with the 4-year-old.

hi everybodyk - thank you all for your input, we've decided that we simply cannot fit in the whole day there and the age difference right now is a major factor. Hopefully we can get back to Florida in the next couple of years.

thanks again.

Lori

hi everybody - thank you all for your input, we've decided that we simply cannot fit in the whole day there and the age difference right now is a major factor. Hopefully we can get back to Florida in the next couple of years.

thanks again.

Lori

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter