• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DCA Closing Early 11/12/22?

It’s either a glitch or someone bought the park out for the evening. I don’t think they are doing any Xmas parties this year.

Back in 2019, we went to an after-hours Disney Parks Blog event that was for the opening of the Holiday season. I'm wondering if this is something like that?

Although being on a Saturday, probably not. Just wishful thinking here!

I noticed that Festival of the Holidays is listed as 8am - 6pm for Nov. 12. So that's 2 out of 3 times updated to 6pm. It may be that the hopper time that's still 10pm is a typo.

Back in 2019, we went to an after-hours Disney Parks Blog event that was for the opening of the Holiday season. I'm wondering if this is something like that?

Although being on a Saturday, probably not. Just wishful thinking here!
Usually the parks blog events didn’t cause the park to close early.

Usually the parks blog events didn’t cause the park to close early.
Sadly, my memory is not great so I don't remember stuff like that. :rotfl2: I do know it was a lot of fun and the treats were great and we got a free gift set with a t-shirt, holiday socks and a stainless steel tumbler that started my stainless steel tumbler addiction. 😁

Sorry if this is a silly question but...if you've got Park Hopper and reservations for DCA as first park on the 12th, but you don't check into the parks until 7:00p.m., will you be able to check into DL, i.e. you haven't checked into the first park and its now closed? We're going to Universal for the day on the 12th so won't be checking into DCA at all. I hope this question makes sense?

Sorry if this is a silly question but...if you've got Park Hopper and reservations for DCA as first park on the 12th, but you don't check into the parks until 7:00p.m., will you be able to check into DL, i.e. you haven't checked into the first park and its now closed? We're going to Universal for the day on the 12th so won't be checking into DCA at all. I hope this question makes sense?
When we were there this summer we were able to check into the non reserved park late in the day without checking into the first one

Yes. If it’a after 1pm and you have a park hopper you can enter either park as your first park.

Oh I really hope the 6pm is a glitch because DS14 and I have WOC dessert party booked for 9:15pm on the 12th and it's the only night we can go. He said it's the one thing he wants to do for his (early) birthday celebration at DLR and it would be a huge bummer if they cancel it and close the park early.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter