DCA entrance from GC?

mtemm

<font color=teal>Doubly blessed<br><font color=dar
I think I read that grand Californian has its own entrance to DCA? If I head over to check out the grand, can I then use this entrance or is it only for those staying at the hotel?

It depends. In the morning it is usually only for guests of the Grand Californian but they sometimes let guests staying at other Disney hotels to use it and almost never allow just anyone. Later on in the day, they often let anyone use it without checking for room keys but on some days they still do.

Be aware that there is a room key controlled gate at the Disneyland Drive side of the hotel although you can usually sneak in after someone. I have seen cast members standing at that street corner checking for room keys or reservations on very rare occasions before the pandemic but never since the park reopening.

Generally, anyone can enter the Grand Californian from Downtown Disney and California Adventure.

Never been asked for a room key using that entrance after the first hour of the park being open.

It technically is for GCH Resort Guests Use...now in practice it used to be that they only checked for rom keys before 11am to get into DCA then let anyone come and go after that. Since the security bubble change where they no longer let non GCH guest in through the front door they sometimes only check for room key at rope drop up through the first hour if even that and after that it is open to anyone.

Only restriction if in place is GCH into DCA...anyone can exit DCA in to the CGH at any time

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter